IMDb > "A Little Curious" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"A Little Curious" More at IMDbPro »

Great educational show for kids from HBO

Author: malibu-7 from Biloxi, MS., USA
29 October 2007

Children's show from HBO. Each episode is approximately 30 minutes long. Titles for each episodes are usually 3 words like, "Top Bottom Jump". Two things are opposites like 'high' and 'low' and the third theme is usually an action/activity such as 'dance' or 'squeeze'. The characters are made to appeal to toddlers/preschoolers. Bob the Ball and Little Cup are similar to young children and the rest of the characters might seem like parents/family, teachers or friends. Characters on the show are Bob the Ball, Doris the Door, Little Cup, Mr. String, Mop, Pad and Pencil, Plush (the stuffed dog) and the Shoe Family.

This is a great children's show. My 1-year old boy laughs hysterically at Bob the Ball. Doris the Door's voice is just like Estelle (Joey's agent on Friends) and even though it might get a little perturbing, she is very likable. I have a 5-year old girl also - both my kids love this show.

Great children's show

Author: Jacob Harris from United States
21 November 2014

I'm disappointed that this show is hard to access nowadays.

It was one of the better kid's shows on TV when I was younger.

It combines good voice acting and multiple styles of art (2D, 3D, Claymation, etc.) to create an enjoyable, memorable, and somewhat educational experience for kids.

If I have kids of my own one day, I hope that I will be able to track this show down on DVD so that they can experience the quality television that I did, rather than the garbage they are making for kids today.

If you have children and access to this show, it is a must watch for kids 9 and under.