IMDb > Keith (2008/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Simple, but genius

Author: weetoo-too from Lithuania
12 September 2008

This is one of those films that you really enjoy watching and when you see those running letters at the end you just want to lay back and clap your hands. Even when you're alone at home, seriously. Genius lies in simplicity, because on one hand, you can say, that you've seen so many films with partly similar scenario, but on the other this one looks totally different. It has something that keeps you interested. For example the old good school look. I mean, every time when I hear that the movie is based on school life it seems to be kind of lame. Not with this piece of art. First of all, script is good. Very good. As I said, it is simple, but on the same time very catchy. The movie is slow, but everything that happens means something, so it isn't boring at all. Secondly, both leading roles are perfectly acted. Finally, the views are very pretty.It is surprising how the suburb can be so beautiful and warm and that you really would like to be somewhere in the film. Anyway, picture is a must see I think.

One of a kind

Author: niklas43 from Denmark
10 September 2008

Wow... that was all i was able to think after watching this movie. I mean i wasn't exactly expecting too much of this movie, but it took me by surprise. "Keith" is just what I'm looking for in a movie, its fun, its dramatic, its filled with love and its got a point "The Sky is the limit".

Still moved by the movie i dare say that i can not put a finger on it, there is no flops, nothing that could have been done better. Its simply a perfect movie, all you gotta do is sit back and enjoy.

See this if: You are a human being.

10/10 "Fun and touching with a twist of love. What more could you ask for"

Do not miss this. This will reach out to your soul and touch the person inside of you

Author: dimnd from Iraq
24 September 2008

One of the best movies of all times. No kidding.

Well, to start with, I've done just watching this and I can't even start to describe this... I mean, there are movies that I say are "great" or "amazing", but I always forget that when I say those words I mean something completely different. Because in comparison to Keith, those greats and amazings are just OKs and goods (maybe).

This movie is simply mindblowing. It brought up all the good in me, the kind of good that I almost forget I have. The kind of good that makes you wanna help people. The kind of good that makes you think and remember that my problems are NOTHING in comparison to what some people might face. The kind of good that reminds me that every single day, every minute, every second I live, all that time, those days that I sometimes (quite a lot) think are boring. All that some people don't have. I have the health, the time and so many opportunities that I long time forgot to appreciate.

This is the kind of movie that makes you remember to cherish every second, to leave a mark on life of every person, to have no time to waste, because one day it might just all end. Just like that.

I'm sorry that my review is kind of a mess, but it's hard to express everything I feel at the moment.

And going back to the movie. It is amazing. Brilliantly shoot. Brilliantly casted and acted. Written so well I can't even describe. I'm going to see this in the cinema, I'm going to buy a DVD (and keep a copy of any other format it'll be released in). This is something that you WILL regret missing and thank the almighty after you'll see it. Amazing...

10/10, loved it.

Author: IDoLikeNachos from The Lost World
30 September 2008

This movie is captivating. The characters believable (by this I mean their whole personality doesn't change by the end) and the atmosphere is believable.

Yes, the story line may be a bit of a cliché and is well known to most, but the way it is told is different than other movies that seem to have no grip on reality, and because of this it makes it heart wrenching, beautiful and leaves you with a longing to see it all over again and a feeling of quietness that is only broken when someone arouses you from your daydream with a request to do the dishes, or the laundry, or the cat litter. Maybe that's just me?

Anyway, a must see movie. Great acting by all involved, great dialogue and wonderful directing. The best teen romance that has ever been filmed, a gem in a sea of tinted glass.

A walk to remember just better...

Author: KristiansAlhimionoks from Latvia
11 September 2008

A beautiful love story between two young people.

I liked this film a lot and people who want to see good romantic film (not like every Hollywood blockbuster) will be very happy and satisfied with this choice.

This film delivers to audience what it was supposed to deliver, a lot of emotions.

The director Todd Kessler did a fantastic job and I hope I will be hearing from him soon.

I've seen Elisabeth Harnois's performance in One tree hill and I understood that she is beautiful and talented actress but I didn't know she was so good. Jesse McCartney also was very good and I think this film introduced us with two great actors.

Great, beautiful, haunting

Author: dennnyz from Bulgaria
5 October 2008

I have seen this film almost 10 times in the last two weeks. And every other time, it gets better, and delivers something more to me. Every little details adds something to the picture, and every moment just fits perfectly to its place. It is captivating, and brilliantly acted by both Jesse MacCartney and Elizabeth Harnois. This is a movie that will leave you madly in love with life... The best about it is that is is not preaching, it leaves a lot to the imagination, to fill in the characters, to figure the spaces in-between and to imagine what follows after that. Just the type of story that gets the most because it reaches to another level of involvement by the viewer. It gets 10 out of 10 from me not because it is complicated, deep and life-changing, but because it is so simple, funny and unforgettable that it touches every part in you.

A movie to remember

Author: Valentina Yordanova from Bulgaria
12 October 2008

This movie is wonderful. It is not just another teen drama story, though it contains such elements. It is not just a story about two people finding true love but also finding their true selves during the journey. A girl, whose life was so organized, a beautiful, popular girl who had everything, from the perfect grades at school to the perfect boyfriend. A guy who had nothing, a geek guy so distant from her perfect little world. It isn't just love. Then what is it? Well, the sky is the limit...

"Keith" touched me more than I had expected a movie could touch at all. I give it 10 points. Worth watching!

An unconventional love/life story....

Author: Alleyrocks from United States
22 September 2009

I would always see the cover at the video store, or online, and just kind of tucked it under my not-worth-seeing column. Honestly, I mean, Jesse McCartney?! But, I was in a what-the-heck mood and decided to watch it. So I entered this fictitious world, and the breath (and tears) barreled right out of me. It was so funny and simple and, just, real.

Half the movie--which some might find frustrating--was an enigma of sorts, a mystery. Who is this guy, an a** or simply out of his mind? But once the director finally lets you in on the secret, you find it's well worth the wait. The whole story unravels onto its own intricate, wonderful plane of everyday-beauty.

You become so invested in these imperfect characters. In their journey to discover love, truth, themselves, and each other.

Quick dialogue, a movie filled with raw emotion and a surprising amount of talent from "that girl from that one Disney Channel movie" and "that hot Summerland guy who sang that song about some pretty girl with a beautiful soul!" Though this movie isn't really for everybody, I highly recommend at least the attempt b/c it could really leave you with something like it did for me:-)

A touching love story with outstanding performances!

Author: Junkie Gal from United States
12 October 2008

I have been awaiting this movie for about two years, and I was not disappointed.

Besides having an excellent and gripping story, the performances from Harnois and McCartney were purely exceptional. As far as I'm concerned, this amazing film should have been released mainstream, as it would have been a huge success.

Apart from capturing your attention, pulling you in and keeping you there, this movie will leave a mark on your heart that you will remember forever.

Watch it.

Excellent little gem of a film.

Author: cemk-2 from Ankara, Turkey
11 December 2008

I must admit after its release was so much delayed, I had a bad feeling about "Keith." I was also afraid to see Jesse McCartney trying to be himself and failing miserably as he did when he guest-starred in Hannah Montana. I was so much surprised...

The subject is familiar, so there are no great surprises there. Opposites attract, and as we are in the 21st century, there must be a twist in the storyline. However, it's a generally well put-together script and the dialogs aren't to make you run away. The tension between the lead characters is well balanced, so no problem there either. The storyline with the South American student who looked older than some parents there was a bit too pushy, too in-your-face, but one has to tell a story somehow, right? Direction and photography were well adequate and better than some such films, so that too is a plus.

However, the main standing point of this film is its acting. Jesse McCartney is back in form, i.e. as good as he was nominated for Emmy awards. His phrasing, accent, facial gestures, pacing are spot on. He really shows how good an actor he is (actually, as good as, if not better than, Aaron Johnson or Sean Biggerstaff from the other side of the Atlantic) and it's a good thing that he finally is there not trying to hide his imperfect skin, feeling no problem with the bush that he has to wear as his hair, and really involved and involving as an actor. Elisabeth Harnois is also showing great talent, at times overacting or underacting, but she's a really well-thought lead.

All in all, it's a touching, beautifully told film based on a great short story by Ron Carlson. I am most glad it's finally out and I am very much pleased to see this little gem of a film. I recommend it without any doubt; go see/rent it.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]