IMDb > The Gravedancers (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Gravedancers

The Gravedancers More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 13: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Horrorfest flick with the most star power

Author: griffinator01 from Cleveland, Ohio, United States
26 March 2007

You had Dominic Purcell from TV's "Prison Break". He was also in "Blade:Trinity". Josie Moran is from "Van Helsing" which had Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale. Moran played one of the vampire brides.

Tchecky Karyo (sp?) is known for "Taking Lives" with Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke. He was also in the James Band flick, "GoldenEye". I first saw him in the original "La Femme Nikita" (the French 1990 version). He is an excellent actor.

By the way, the movie was actually pretty good. The ending was kind of cheesy, but it was still entertaining. It was the least bloody, and gory, of all of the Horrorfest flicks. It is currently out on DVD. Check it out. You'll like it.

Many Blessings!

Better horror is criminal...

Author: Crazydemon from Belgium
19 December 2006

This kind of films, and I guess all of the films of Horrorfest, appeal to me! I can hardly wait for all of them to be in my collection! This is just criminal, letting me wait for so long! I really enjoy movies with such an attitude: Show all, leave nothing out! Am I a horror freak? ;) Guess I am then... well, someone's gotta do the business and keep it alive, keep it going! ;) Question, why are there so many horror movie releases at the moment, is the genre back alive? I certainly hope so because more of this could be the death of the contents of my wallet! Well, then I should work even harder so I can buy even more! ;) And nothing or no one will stop me! Not even the ghost of my wallet!

Loved it! The "dead" were SCARY AS HECK!!

Author: littlenaughtyone from United States
22 November 2006

Out of the 8 films I saw during the "8 Films to Die For" over this past weekend, The Gravedancers was the best. I think it was the "ghosts" that scared the crap out of me. UGLY UGLY UGLY....plain old' scary looking. They're something you don't really ever see in horror movies. I give this a 10 just for the creepiness and originality. Now.....someone tell me where I can buy this! :-) If anyone has a chance again to see this, and you truly are a horror fan, please see this movie, it's well worth it. Plus, if anyone knows where I can purchase this movie, I'd appreciate it so much if you could let me know. Thanks!

Tensions

Author: kim-bonvilla from United States
19 November 2006

Horror films often do not get their do. Clearly an influential film, everything that the other 8 films to die for failed to be; namely, scary, credible, and well acted.

I am not going to go into all the controversy surrounding this movie, rather let me tell you what I felt during the film.

Grave Dancers is a good scary picture which will not only entertain you, but will make you wonder what originally occupied the land where you will be is buried . This movie makes good use of foreshadowing and building of tensions to move a viewer to believe what they are actually seeing is really happening. While my girlfriend was holding my hand tightly during the whole film, I had a great time being entertained by such a great low budget movie. Great movie, great acting, great scary fun! A+

Gravedancers

Author: tiffy-maurer from United States
19 November 2006

Grave Dancers was my favorite movie. Everything about it was amazing-the acting, the dialogue, the plot, the effects. I have been writing many short "horror stories" for a long, long time. This movie will inspire me to keep writing and to use its plot and characters as role models. The cast and director were astounding, believable, and as I said before, brilliant. Though it didn't have numerous action sequences, the plot's many twists and occurrences were perfectly done (not dramatized and/or overly exaggerated.)The biggest twist in the plot (I'm not going to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it) wasn't obvious at all, but supported by other details in the movie that led up to it. All in all, I loved this movie and could watch it over and over again without getting tired of it!!!

Mike Mendez Does It Again

Author: danthewrestlingmanorigin from United States
30 March 2007

I have been eagerly awaiting Mendez's next film, since the The Convent, which was one of my favorite horror films' that year. While Gravdancers is a much more serious, and different film from Convent, I still had a blast.I have one minor complaint, but first I'll start with the good. Number one as several others have mentioned, it's refreshing to see a genre film with actual adult actors, who are reasonably intelligent, although dancing on graves isn't to bright, and not the usual stereotypes. The production values are top notch, and it's just amazing how superior Gravedancers is to virtually every other tired Hollywood supernatural snooze fest to come out over the last several years'. Buffy fans will take delight in Carol Kramer's performance as Purcell's wife. Now my one minor complaint. Dominic Purcell seems like a wooden, and uninteresting actor to me. I didn't mind him so much, as I just was thinking about a hundred other guys who would have been better in the role. I'm probably alone on that, as Prison Break is so popular, but just a minor observation. I highly recommend this movie.

The lesson here, don't read mysterious cards in the graveyard then dance.

Author: Aaron1375
28 March 2007

A rather good offering of horror and the supernatural to behold. Think a better version of the remake of "The Haunting" with a bit of "The Entity" thrown in as well. The movie revolves around a group of three friends who are in mourning for the recent loss of a friend. One of the group wants to go to the cemetery at night to mourn the friend by drinking and talking with his other two college buds. Of course, you know in a movie of this type that is a mistake and is going to lead to the cause of the problem. Well not entirely, the one friend finds a type of card on their friend's grave, with a bit of a poem celebrating life on it, one of course does this by dancing on graves and yes this is the start of the spooky stuff as the title does imply. So what we have is our three friends seemingly being haunted, minimally at first and it progresses worse and worse as the movie goes on. Paranormal investigators are brought in to try and help and one of them is really helpful, the other not so much. I won't tell you which one is which, but I will tell the female one is really cute. I love a girl with black hair and kind of a bookish look to her. You will have to wait a bit for some kills, but that is okay as the movie has a good enough story to overcome this. It isn't all perfect as there is a bit of confusion as to why the letter is set on the grave in the first place though I do suppose it adds a hint of mystery to the flick. Just like the poor unfortunate girl who is shown at the beginning. Some of the effects at the end were a bit cheesy as well, however, this can be forgiven too because I doubt this movie had a very big budget. I can say though that the spooks looked rather good.

this movie was pretty much freaking amazing

Author: kindoflikeflying from United States
30 November 2006

First of all, I'm one of those people who go into horror movies and ending up laughing at every little thing in it. This movie is probably on the same level of SNAKES ON A PLANE. So if you liked that movie, I'd say you'd like this. It has the same sense of the movie SEEMS serious, but it can't possibly be serious because of the ridiculousness.

The last few minutes of the movie made me laugh till I cried my brains out. It really was a great time.

The photography in the movie was brilliant. There were beautifully put-together scenes.

The plot line, eh, it was okay at best.

But you can't go into movies like these being pretentious or demanding that your expectations be met.

In order to truly enjoy a movie, you have to take it for what it is, not for what you want it to be. Different people are scared by different things.

And as for me, I just laugh at everything.

I really liked this movie

Author: dawn-173 from United Kingdom
28 November 2006

After so many typical and rubbish 'Teen' Horror type movies lately or the horrifically gory Saw type movies (which I personally don't class as true horrors, but some kind of sick mind warp class of genre), it was nice to see something refreshingly different. This movie is by no means not the best horror film ever made, BUT its light hearted sarcasm make a nice comedy touch, whilst the scary moments are quite chilling, and the effects made me jump. Loved the story line and cast. This film has a nice 'could watch again' feel to it, especially on a dark winters night for added atmosphere. This has what I like about horror movies.... oh and Dominic Purcell is always nice to see ;-)

Friggin awesome horror flick!

Author: D-Sligar from United States
23 November 2006

This film was just friggin awesome, though I think one of the few detractors is the title, which is quite cheesy and probably turned quite a few people away from the rental. Other than that and some hokey "Evil Dead" animation at the end, this film totally delivers as promised! If you want a great horror film that will have you jumping when you least expect it, check it out. This is definitely a keeper in my book and I'll be reaching for it when I want to see my friends jumping too! My chief complaint with the movie is the way it devolved toward the end and payed good homage to the the original Evil Dead film (it's one of my favorite classics, but goes a bit overboard toward the end). Overall, I gotta say I loved it.

Oh yeah, one other serious detractor was the second male lead; bad, bad, bad acting. Who was this guy, the director's brother? Just ignore him though, Gravedancers delivers where it promises... right at the seat of your shorts!