IMDb > The Gravedancers (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 13 of 13: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13]

Review

Author: coco200066 from United States
19 December 2006

Wow when are we going to see real movies again that are actually half decent, let alone great!

This is another bad movie, which surprised me as Tchéky Karyo is a good actor and I really like his body of work. Surprised that he would be in such a movie but what can I say. It had the guy that is perpetually trying to get out of prison or is on the run, in it so what did I really expect!

Sure there where a couple of kinda scary parts but predictable as hell.

Two thumbs definitely down on this one IMHO!

If you have to see this, please rent a DVD only if you have nothing better to watch.

Not bad for that kind of movie.

Author: Skirmantas Petraitis from United Kingdom
3 January 2007

I was interested when November 17-19 in cinemas was a "Horror Fest" with "8 movie 2 die 4". "The GraveDancers" was one of most wanted to watch, because Dominic Purcell is great actor in "Prison Break". Other actors are not known well...

Acting was good, but plot was average. Thoes creatures was kind of silly, mostly it was non-topic at the last 10 minutes. At the last 10 minutes, everything goes to unrealistic.

I don't know. I think, that I don't like ghost movies. They are so boring. I guess, that 5 is good for this movie, and I hope, that other 7 "Horror Fest" movies will be better, than this one...

Tchéky Karyo is HILARIOUS!

Author: theninthwave from United States
18 November 2006

This is a supernatural thriller (not much gore - like "The Amityville Horror") and one of the funniest horror B Movie I've seen since "Evil Dead 2." The first half hour is boring, but once Tchéky Karyo as the paranormal investigator shows up it's a lot of fun. He has a ton of great lines that will probably make this a cult classic. Also, the best lines of the other characters are always when they're playing off him.

The camp and cheesy special effects remind me of ED2 also. Once this flick has a year or so to make the circles and people see what I mean, Tchéky Karyo should come back for some sequels. Most of his lines had me in tears!

I watch so many movies that I know crap within 5 minutes - This is awful

Author: julianjermaine from Barbados
31 December 2006

The thing about horrors today is that they just are not scary;they contain lots of noise which jumps you and that's about it. The actual visuals are crap. If you were to turn off the volume u'd really find out how boring these films really are.

Lost of computer Generated noise and nothing else...

I downloaded this and couldn't even stomach it...I deleted it after 7 minutes.

If you need a good horror to watch try going for Population 436 or The ring.

This film Gravedancers is rubbish to the tenth power.

thirtysomething vs The Evil Dead

Author: alansmithee04 (alansmithee@gmx.com) from St. Cloud, Minnesota
20 November 2006

It would have been easy to just write "Sam Rami did it better" and go on to the next review. But in all fairness there were a couple of things about "Gravedancers" that deserve closer examination. The story, such as it is, concerns a trio of college friends who incur the wrath of the unquiet dead after a drunken bout of partying in a cemetery. The film doesn't really pick up, however, until the third reel when the Jacque Cousteau of the paranormal is introduced to help our heros combat the evil spooks and provide a little comic relief.

Unfortunately the film pisses an otherwise promising premise down it's leg in the last reel, abandoning all the rules it had set up previously for a handful of not-really-very-scary CGI effects. Had it stuck with it's original direction it might have been a contender for the best of the 8FTDF series so far, instead of a bum, which it is.

13 ghosts -10...almost as bad.

Author: abigailband from United States
19 November 2006

After seeing all of the promotion for all of these "horror fest" films, I suppose I expected too much from these films. I had three choices tonight, and I picked the one that IMDb had rated the highest at a 6.3 by compared to the other two movies playing at my local theater. Out of all of the films, I felt this one had the greatest potential, and here I am.

The story felt OK at first, decent opening story, and an eerie sense about it that might make the viewer think that this movie could be slightly different than your average horror flick. Then the speaking parts came in to the film; the rest of the feature was down hill from there. The script must've been written by 14 year-olds, who also doubled as the acting coaches for nearly every person in the movie. Still, and probably due to the immense hype put out by the "horrorfest" trailers, I waited for the horror film to actually be scary, and it never came. For some reason, I also got a "13 Ghosts" feel from it, although the plots are very different. Maybe because of the whole ghost interacting with and harming the living deal, or the total and utter disappointment I felt for having wasting my time and money afterwards.

All things considered, this movie is only worth having as a gag gift, and only worth purchasing for someone as a gag gift if you find it in the cheap movie bin at the supermarket.

lets call it what it is: just more nazi tripe

Author: drystyx from United States
29 November 2008

director Mendez joins the great number of directors in film who get multi financial backing from Nazis to produce movies whose sole intention is killing as many brunette women as possible. These movies are not even subtle in their intent.

There really isn't anything more to this movie. It is a blonde woman's dream world, as usual. It makes a feeble masquerade as a horror movie, but fools no one. Mendez would have fit well into the Third Reich of Adolf Hitler, his obvious idol.

I'd like to say more, but the movie is not about anything more. His heavy handed Nazi idealism just takes over the whole movie.

Page 13 of 13: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13]