IMDb > "Point Pleasant" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Point Pleasant"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Point Pleasant" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Fox bring back Point Pleasant!!!

Author: sanderson-14 from United States
6 April 2005

It's a plot-based show. It takes time to tell the story and to build things up.

There are many of us who really loved this show and it was not given proper time to gain an audience.

Also I felt cheated by Fox, just as I was really getting into the program "WHAM THEY CANCEL IT"!!!

I hope that the rest of the episodes will be either aired VERY SOON or put to DVD. But even if that happens I am still disappointed that a show this great and with so many possibilities has been CUT SHORT!!!

All I can say is do the right thing FOX and bring Point Pleasant back!!!!

Welcome to Point Pleasant

Author: Cory (prydain15@yahoo.com) from USA
12 March 2005

I was unbelievably excited when I heard about this show, and even more so when I saw the promos. Despite the fact that this show was taking the place of "Tru Calling", which I am a HUGE fan of, this show looked so excellent I could hardly stand the wait.

Fortunately I was not disappointed. While the pilot *is* a bit weak, the show gets better and better every week. It is a very different show. It is a teen supernatural thriller, but not like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - the monsters are more or less human and there is very little comedy to speak of. It is a religious thriller but unlike most.

I appreciate all the symbolism in the show. Many fans and bashers think it's corny, but it's actually quite the opposite. Symbolism causes you to think and ponder, and it is not dumbed down for the average stoner.

The actors do their job well, in my opinion. They work well together and fit their roles. The only problem is that they portray high school teens and they are in their 20s, which is a bit annoying because I am a junior in high school and NO ONE looks like that.

It's truly a pity that FOX puts this show up against "CSI" and "The Apprentice", because it's a wonderful fun show that is very gripping and delightfully spooky. Yes, the pilot was a turn-off for many but the show got over ten times better with the second episode.

If you haven't caught "Point Pleasant" yet, you definitely should. It's more original than "CSI" and "The Apprentice", and is definitely more worth your hour each Thursday.

Please Help!

Author: xtina_fan3939 from United States
25 March 2005

Hello All

Though I am sure you are not all fans of the doomed show I am writing you hoping to gather some support for all of us , and there are a lot, who are putting our best foot forward to 1. bring back the show we love. 2 get a DVD release from fox. We feel the show was not given a true chance to succeed due mostly to a dead time slot and lack of advertisement. We have started a campaign to save point pleasant. We were hoping to get a little publicity from you if possible? Go to save point pleasant.com to show your support as well as sign the petition we have an excess of 2500 signatures to date. You can Also find a link to an on-line store for the purchase of items to be mailed to fox to make our case...

Please let us know if you can support us in any way.

Thank you C. Brown and the Save Point Pleasant team

Many are missing Point Pleasant

Author: amandab-5 from United States
7 April 2005

Though I enjoy Tru Calling, the show which replaced Point Pleasant in it's time slot on Fox, I still wish that Point Pleasant was on. Until today while researching what happened to the show, I realized that there are a lot of people who also miss the show. I also realize that the show is definitely made for a specific audience(lovers of the super-natural, like myself. There's only re-runs of Buffy and Angel, and other shows of this genre. I feel that I am speaking for many when I ask anybody out there who may be able to do something about this. Give us back Point Pleasant or something to the same effect. Some people need more than reality t.v..

Point Pleasant TV series

Author: carolinecoo515 from United Kingdom
5 August 2005

I really enjoyed this Gothic/Horror TV series, it was very well acted with a superb cast, especially the main character Christina, and was an ideal show for those of us that are missing the Buffy & Angel TV series that have now both unfortunately finished. I thought that the acting, special effects and ideas behind the series were all excellent, and was really disappointed that the series suddenly ended without notice and without even airing the last 3 episodes. I would like to know the reasons why it ended, and I am keen to see those last few episodes eventually. It is such a shame that such an interesting show that in my opinion is much better than some others that have actually continued, had to suddenly end like that.

Elisabeth Harnois rules!

Author: John Koenig from United States
20 July 2006

I absolutely loved this show. It was the one show during the time of its run that I looked forward to every week.

Elisabeth Harnois and the rest of the cast were great, and the story got better and more intense every week.

Sadly, this was one of the most poorly promoted and scheduled television shows ever... no one ever even knew about it! Giving it one of the worst and most inappropriate names ever didn't help either.

I suppose some thanks should be given for the DVD release.... at least I'll be able to see the episodes that were STOLEN from me when the show was AXED because of network STUPIDITY.

Outstanding series

Author: njfunguy42 from United States
9 October 2005

With the loss of some supernatural shows, Point Pleasant is an absolute winner. The cast and plot is well thought out and was evolving at an interesting pace. It is a shame that the network decided to give it an early execution as I believe the fan base would grow as the series matured. Most people who are not into the supernatural type series (Buffy, Angel, Charmed, and etc.) probably would not like this type of show purely because of the genre. I would hope that Fox may resurrect this show if their impending release of the first season DVD sells well. That is scheduled for October 25th, 2005 and includes 5 un-aired episodes. The only problem with that is the commitments of some of the actors to new endeavors which would preclude them from re-joining the show. My only critical comment is that the location of the series being on a New Jersey shore town is pretty evident that this is a West Coast locale.

Guilty pleasure TV that left me wanting more

Author: boy_in_red from United Kingdom
9 March 2006

Point Pleasant isn't high brow television. It isn't art. It isn't even especially clever. But for the most part, the show is a lot of fun.

I picked up the DVDs as I guess I was looking for a post-Buffy fix. Marti Noxon's involvement, as well as the dark supernatural theme, drew me to this show. A lot of the complaints I've heard regarding the show aren't unfounded- it can be a little slow, even boring, in places, the quality of the episodes and acting is variable, and at times the soap opera elements (who's dating who etc) seem to act as a distraction from the overall story, rather than complimenting it.

However, the show does get stronger by the end- a lot stronger in fact. It's unfortunate the final 5 episodes weren't aired upon original run, because the last 4 of these had me glued to the screen. Things are so much more focused, and there are some deliciously dark twists, and a real sense of intensity as things build up to the finale.

A special mention has to go to Dina Meyer (Amber Hargrove) and Grant Show (Lucas Boyd). These guys seemed to be having a lot of fun in their roles, especially playing the darker sides of their characters. You can't help but grin while watching them. Elisabeth Harnois deserves credit also- she seems to be the focus of a lot of criticism, but for me she really got across the vulnerability of Christina (you kinda want to hug her) but is also very convincing when the darker side of her arises.

To conclude I guess there's only one thing to say- when I watched the closing shot of the final episode I found myself really wishing for more episodes. I guess, overall, that's a pretty telling compliment in itself.

Intriguing story that has some breath taking moments

Author: amzosima
28 May 2005

When I saw Ep.1 of Point pleasant I said this is a stylish soap with some potential but I wasn't very impressed. I thought let's see what's next. The second episode made me a fan of Point Pleasant. The story had a good plot and there were great possibilities of a very intense drama. I place Point Pleasant next to Lost (another very good TV show). Although their story are not similar in any way (except for the mystery maybe) the both shows have a way to keep you in front of your TV because of the ongoing story that develops with every episode. Unlike other shows when there are some pre-established actions(saving people every medical shows or catching bad guys every cop show) these two shows have only the STORY to sustain it. And their story are good. More mystery in Lost and perhaps more drama in Point Pleasant makes these two shows so different and yet so alike. Coming back to Point Pleasant only I conclude that the story is great (I can't wait to see how Christina manages to handle the the outside and especially the inner threats). The casting is very good every character adding a little more drama to the story. The result is a very good TV show that I hope to see at least 2 seasons of it.

Let's Save Point Pleasant!

Author: DavidT1016 from United States
28 March 2005

I wanted to tell you guys of a pretty good idea that I have and I guess I was hoping you could somehow post it on your site! OK~ My sister is a BIG Roswell fan~ she told me about how when the WB dropped Roswell that FANS sent to UPN over 100 THOUSAND bottles of TABASCO sauce!! The aliens loved Sweet and Spicyand this was the one ITEM that was truly symbolic of the show! Well the fans idea was that if they pushed enough than maybe UPN would pick up the show! AND IT WORKED! UPN picked up the show for another season! Well I've been thinking about it~ and I feel that the CROSS is one of the most SYMBOLIC items on the show! I even did a little more research and found a website that offers CHEAP CROSSES by the DOZEN! I don't think it make a difference how nice the CROSS is, just send them!

Here is the Website: Oriental Trading~ Go check it out!

If you type CROSS in the search field you will see a couple of items that would be suitable for this purpose! I THINK if we all buy these CROSSES and send them to FOX, WB, AND UPN (allthough I feel UPN would be the most likely candidate to pick the show up! Remember Buffy??) I know me personally, I will be sending them to all THREE Affiliates probably DAILY! Yes I am that CRAZY about this show! I ALSO Feel that the ideas of sending postcards to ALL THREE AFFILIATES is a great idea too! But I think the CROSSES Will make much more of an IMPACT! PLEASE EVERYONE~ If you love the show~ make a SMALL investment and LETS DO THIS! SEND THE CROSSES OUT! AND LETS START SOON!!!!!!!! Please consider my ideas! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME! Andrea L. Cavallaro PS~ FOX STINKS! :(

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]