IMDb > Pokémon the Movie: Destiny Deoxys (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Gekijouban Poketto monsutâ Adobansu jenerêshon: Rekkuu no houmonsha Deokishisu

Pokémon the Movie: Destiny Deoxys More at IMDbPro »Gekijouban Poketto monsutâ Adobansu jenerêshon: Rekkuu no houmonsha Deokishisu (original title)

One of the easiest-to-love Pokémon film out there!

Author: Rosalyn Lim 林惠美 (hayashimegumi) from http://rosalynmuses.blogspot.com
4 January 2015

Man, this is the first animated feature by Pokémon without a Pikachu short. It is one of my all-time favorite anime series so I am always looking forward to them. Thankfully, the creators of Destiny Deoxys (2004) have make up for it with great backstory and plot!

It also have great settings and the anime-exclusive Larousse City is totally one-of-a-kind; just a glimpse of it already make me want to visit it someday... if only it is a real place, though!

What's more amazing is that the creators of this animated feature have included lots of lovable characters in this one. Deoxys, the alien-like Pokémon is mysterious and its concept is certainly amazing! I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it but all the other Pokémon are also interesting in their own ways and most of them are super adorable too!

Not only the human characters and Pokémon each have their distinct personalities, there are some intelligent non-human non-Pokémon characters such as Block Bots as well. My apologies if I have used words like endearing a lot for these reviews (I am reviewing all Pokémon movies, you can check my profile) but they have various expressions like emoji and they can perform numerous tasks including security which is just so cute. So overall, Destiny Deoxys (2004) is very impressive!

Yes, there could be some stuffs that are mind boggling but well, the Pokémon Universe is essentially a fantasy based on video games so it is actually perfectly fine if you allow it! Nothing is perfect in this world but compared to the older Pokémon films, it is so much better and improved in various aspects! What's matter most is that the whole experience doesn't feel flat, isn't it?

Therefore, I am sure you will be pleasantly entertained if you give this animated feature a chance because I am quite certain that Destiny Deoxys (2004) is one of the easiest-to-love Pokémon film out there!