IMDb > Clerks: The Lost Scene (2004) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Clerks: The Lost Scene (V) More at IMDbPro »

A nice tie-in to the film

Author: MovieAddict2014 from UK
25 May 2005

This animated short, included on the tenth anniversary "Clerks X" DVD set, is a deleted scene (so to speak) that was excluded from the original shooting script of the film; in other words, it was written but never actually filmed.

Using the "Clerks" TV show animators, Kevin Smith got the original crew back to voice their characters and re-film the deleted scene -- as a cartoon.

There's a nice tie-in to "Chasing Amy" here. If you've seen that movie, Alyssa (Joey Lauren Adams) references her best friend who dies; in this scene, we view the funeral. There's some funny stuff with Randal that happens and the animation just works well as a tie-in to both series.

This has gotten some bad reviews here on IMDb but I liked it for what it was. It's pretty funny and fits into the chronological timeline of "Clerks." It's an entertaining short scene and if you ever get the DVD, make sure to watch it after the film as I'm sure you'll enjoy it for what it is.

Funny little snippet of what might have been

Author: bxc85 from Almaty Chamber of Commerce
1 December 2004

For fans of the View Askew films, this is a nice little treat. It has references to all five films of the Jersey "trilogy," animated in the style of the late, lamented Clerks cartoon series. Anyone who likes Kevin Smith's pictures (or likes to watch cartoons that involve swearing and talk of cunnilingus) should watch this. My favourite part is when Dante is discovered by Julie Dwyer's parents in a flashback to ... happier times: the animation is so detailed that you'll learn more about the bad personal hygiene of the girl who died mid-backstroke at the YMCA than you'll ever want to know! So if you have the Clerks X DVD, watch it; if not, go down to your local video store and steal the DVD like everyone used to do when VHS was king.

"I'm Randall Graves & This Is Mrs Hicks Son"

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
28 November 2009

Okay That Was Just My Favourite Quote Censored For Internet. This Is Extremely Funny Movie. The Plot Is Dante and Randall attend Julie Dwyer's wake in this animated representation of a scene never before shot for the movie Clerks. (1994). A Reference In Mallrats & Chasing Amy As Well. I Was A Little Disappointed Jay & Silent Bob Wasn't In This. I Was Surprised The Father Was Played By Zak Knutson (You Never Heard Of Him...I Did He Was The Sexy Stud In The 2nd Clerks(I Am 100% Straight I Am Not Attracted To Him I Am Only Saying Thats The Only Name He Went Under)). All In All A Funny Movie Worth Seeing From Any Smith Fan.

A brilliant idea

Author: danargeek from United Kingdom
18 January 2006

I loved this lost scene. It was a beautiful nod to the short-lived Cartoon, Which some network NEEDS to pick up on. ABC are fools for letting it go.

The great tragedy with the animated series is that if you haven't seen the movie, you aren't as likely to find it as hilarious as K.S's hardcore fans do. Had he released the series now, or after Passion of the Clerks comes out, it would have done SOO much better as his movies are beginning to come out of the minority audience area.

But back to the scene, the homage to Chasing Amy was fantastic, even bringing back Joey Lauren Adams for the voice. It also deserves another kudos for tying in events from Mallrats.

The death cards were classic "Got it, got it, need it, got it"

the lost scene

Author: SevenKal-ElGuiry from Canada
10 January 2005

When i watched this last night, it blew my mind away, i couldn;t believe it, it was so funny and sick at the same time, the Jesus trading cards bit was sweet, Question 1: Was he in her pants looking for the keys or was he out side the pants.

Question 2: WHY CAN'T THEY BRING BACK CLERKS the cartoon, i loved that show, and i'm glad i have it on DVD. this little short was better then anything i could think of, and i can think of some pretty sick stuff for them to do while they were there, but this was near what i thought happened.

Seven