Add Full Plot
The synthesis of breathtaking 3D animation with the heart and soul of a 2D classic is now complete!
12 October 2004 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
KOF: Maximum Impact
See more »
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
Many of the characters' alternate costumes feature "cameos" of other SNK characters including:
- Kyo has his new outfit from The King of Fighters 2003 (2003) in addition to his classic school uniform from older KoF titles.
- Terry has his Garou: Mark of the Wolves outfit in addition to his classic outfit.
- Seth's alternate outfit is a tribute to the classic King of Fighters and Art of Fighting character, Mr. Big
- One of Rock Howard's alternate outfits is based on Awakened Kaede from the Last Blade Series
- Ryo's alternate costume is based of his appearance in an obscure 3D fighter called Buriki One where he had a very similar appearance.
- Ryo also has an unlockable costume based of the character Haohmaru from the Samurai Spirits series (the voice actor for Ryo, Masaki Usui, also provides the voice for Haohmaru)
- Maxima's Rigging Model makes him appear as King Lion, a character from an SNK fighter called Kizuna Encounter.
- Ralf's second costume is a reference to the classic SNK title Ikari Warriors (1986) (and NOT the Street Fighter character Alex, like some believe)
- Yuri and Ryo's rigging models give them a Tengu mask as worn by their father Mr. Karate (aka Takuma Sakazaki) in Art of Fighting (1992) and _SVC Chaos: SNK Vs. Capcom (2003) (VG)_