IMDb > "Numb3rs" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Numb3rs"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Numb3rs" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 11: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Alan Eppes needs a girlfriend.

Author: Kathleen Reinhardt (kamr@netscape.com) from United States
6 November 2005

The episode aired on 11/4/05, had a moment for Alen Eppes to have a love interest and a caterer woman was in it that he was checking out. She would be a perfect girlfriend for Judd Hirsch's character. Her name is Diana Niles, is very pretty. I love the show and want to see the characters evolve. Since the show is about three bachelors, they need some kind of love interest. Women viewers want love! The stars of the show are all gorgeous so get something going. I've been impressed with the story lines that have been created so far with the show and last week's episode was awesome. The audience was given more information about the Eppes family past. Allen Eppes needs a girlfriend. Sincerely Kathleen Reinhardt

Awesome Show! Lots of mystery!

Author: zatornator11 from Canada
1 June 2005

I finally got to see Numb3ers today, and I have to admit that it is a great show. It has intrigue, not too much blood/gore and I love the premise. It is definitely not like a CSI, thank god. I hate those kinds of shows. Although I watched CSI: Miami yesterday, and I found it quite good. I will definitely be watching this summer's reruns and the new episodes next season.

Most of all I like the characters, and the fact that the whole Epps family is in on the case. I believe you need math to solve cases, because everything does have to do with math in one way or another. I just noticed that the actor that plays the math guy is the guy that played Bernard on Santa Clause! Watch Numb3rs, it's a great show!

Can't wait for the new Series

Author: chris19-2 from United Kingdom
18 September 2005

I was sent this by a good friend in the US, only way we can get it here in the UK, and man was I pleased... I loved maths in school and always wondered about taking it further, one can only hope that this series will inspire those who are at that place in their lives to go ahead and do so. As I saw in an interview one of the cast gave.. 'this show makes maths sexy'!

If I have one gripe it's that the very funny one liners, interaction between the two brothers and the dad at the end of almost every episode is not made more of. These three really are wonderful together, although I suppose one could put Judd with anyone and he would make them look good. If they take the whole maths thing to the limit, and beyond at times, do we care, well not me... I only stand in awe that there are people out there that can actually do this stuff. Bring on the next series

Decent start, good premise

Author: mathgreek from United States
17 February 2005

Like the CSI series, which postulates that we always leave traces of our passage, this suggests that math describes our universe in many subtle ways. A knowledgeable observer can find the mathematical relationships and gain some manner of insight into the problem.

I joined the series on episode 5, where the writers seem to start losing their nerve. The relationship of the math to the crime problem is still there, but they're starting to 'force' it in. Like those lame crime shows where the problem is always to find the right meaning of the clue the victim deliberately left behind. The next episode appears to be even more forced, with a cryptanalyst dad being extorted to supply encryption algorithms to a nefarious hacker? Get back to math being used to explain routine problems.

I hope it succeeds, gets its feet back, because we could use some more cerebral prime time entertainment, and this shows a lot of promise.

too much background 'music'

Author: Norma J F Harrison from United States
22 February 2011

too much 'music' background --drowns out the sense of the scenes, and covers up the dialog. I can't believe there is anything that says requires much input instead of trying to get short statements - reduced numbers of words and ideas. It makes no sense to me but in order to request ending the music background it seems I have to write a whole lot more than I intended. The music is overpowering the feel of the scenes and helping to let us know we're not math scholars so you don't expect us to understand the ideas being voiced, and that is helped by the excess of that really annoying music. I can't think of much more to say to explain what I see as a serious detraction from a quite enjoyable TV production.

A Breath of Fresh Air

Author: soccergirl3857 from United States
7 June 2007

I am a high school student and am taking a grade higher in math than the rest of my class. I love math but some days I wonder why I even take it. I'm taking Pre-Calculus next year and find myself wondering why I am going to such great lengths to take it. I jumped on the Numb3rs bandwagon after seeing "The Janus List" air on TV for the first time. Wow... I was BLOWN AWAY. The acting is incredible and it draws you in the moment you sit down to watch. And the math.... oh the math. I then realized why I am going to such great lengths to try and understand the concepts. Charlie Epps has become my proverbial math idol. I love the fact that the show doesn't get as graphic and gory as other shows. The language is very much family friendly as is there are no major sexual overtones to be seen. It really is a breath of fresh air in the midst of major polluted air on TV today.

I just want to say... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for creating Numb3rs and keeping it clean for families. And keep the seasons coming!!

Love this series

Author: judycfloyd from United States
1 November 2006

I hope this program has a long run. It is imaginative, well acted, well directed, it is entertaining and enlightening without being depressing or preaching. Maybe some will recognize David Krumholtz as Bernard in Santa Clause. He brings a lot to this series as well as all of the other cast including Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure and Judd Hirsch from Taxi and Dear John. They all mesh so well together and make a perfect TV family along with the eccentric math genius played by Peter MacNicol. Ridley and Tony Scott complete the compliment by directing a fast moving, mentally stimulating hour. I look forward to it each week. To be posted this requires ten lines and it can all be said in less. Any more dilutes the significance of what was already said. Ernest Hemingway was the master of this art of a few well selected words rather than many insignificant ones. I do not want to discuss any of the specific episodes as I feel it would take away from the impact of watching the program yourself for the first time.

Don and Charlie...5 year age difference? And More thoughts on the show

Author: lavellfuller from United States
6 November 2005

Clearly Don is a lot more than 5 years older than Charlie as stated in this weeks episode. David is 27 Rob is 42 The viewer can swallow only so much fiction.....Let Rob Morrow start to play his age...some of us in our 40's are hip and cool. Love the show....love the math. Keep up the good work. Happy to see Peter McNichol is in the show a lot more. More Charlie/ Alan interaction...them playing golf last week was great. Get Don a girlfriend at least for a while to juice up the storyline...then have her move away. More grist for the mill. Don stating the obvious is dumb... Get Charlie his own office at the FBI so he can draw on the walls. This will move the drama along and you can get more details in. Oh and one more little thing...Don(Rob)needs a hair make over...Give the man non gravity defying hair. Relax the bangs.

Painfully generic cop show/math used to the point of science fiction

Author: jason voorhees from Crystal Lake
4 November 2009

I read up a little about some of the real life mathematicians who contribute to the writing of the show and this part doesn't surprise me. The basic science always sounds realistic and accurate in its own right even to a dummy such as myself. The problem lies in the other 40 mins or so where this mountain of algorithms, probabilities, demographics, and astro-physics are all supposed to out work the entire FBI agency in a few hours and locate a single criminal because a guy had some little mathmatical epiphany. I mean come on man, im already trying to suspend my disbelief with the less than par acting and the painfully average police cop show story lines. Basically the only thing that seems to have kept this show alive is the science aspect, but it just comes off as more science fiction than science in its implementation. Im sorry, it just fails every time i watch it and my stomach turns a little to believe that people tune in for this week in and week out for 6 years. " Oh, you guys have a killer have a you cant catch? I have this cool algorithm i can plug into my butt and abracadabra he is at this place at this time." Except, no, not really, you're full of crap.

I Loved It From The First Episode

Author: smeagol3137 from United States
6 June 2006

I remember getting to stay up late after a football game (i think it was the STEELERS!!) to watch the first episode! I record it with DVR every time the show's on! I am good at math and love the whole idea of how he comes up with it! I also really like how they start the show with the crime. Then they end it with family or friends laughing! I LOVE YOU CHARLIE!! I LOVE YOU DON!!! I LOVE YOU DAD!! I LOVE YOU AMEDA!! I LOVE YOU...THE 3 AGENTS...i forget their names... I LOVE...oh my how could I forget his name!!!!!!!!!!! (charlie's math friend..) Anyways...it's a great show for teens and up! I hope that you will watch the show and love it!! THANKS SC!

Page 8 of 11: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]