IMDb > Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Extinction More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Don't bother

Author: tonyzinni from United States
30 September 2007

I went into the theater not expecting to much from this movie, and I find it sad that it was still disappointing. Don't bother wasting your money on this joke of a movie. If you must see it wait for it to come out on video...please don't help the execs find an excuse by box office receipts to make a fourth movie. There is no story to it, the dialogue is poorly written, there are a few special effects that are descent. You get the idea that Mila's character is very powerful creature, but she only displays these powers two or three times. There are many plot errors in this movie (one day perhaps writers will learn to research what they are writing about as well as settings crew )I hope Mila will be able to survive what these movies may do to her career.

They really killed resident evil with this film

Author: eveliotarzan from Canada
30 September 2007

They really spoiled the resident evil films with this one, they really messed it up with alice having what appears to be mind powers or some more irrational fantasy it totally contradicts the two first films which were awesome by the way they exaggerated on this one they should of stayed based on the 2 first films and all the other classics like night of the living dead,dawn of the dead and all the continuations of those awesome zombie films where they keep it simple with the virus and the shoot em in the brain solution thats what makes zombie films great and the fact that the dead walk again cuz of some virus it sort of gives you a more realistic approach rather than that of ghosts spirits and all these other horror films which personally i don't like i am a zombie lover like there is all these other viruses in the world then the zombie virus is not so fictional it gives you as i said the more realistic approach to the solution for death...thats the thrill of these films.

the ending was ridiculous leaving you to a fourth part of more disappointment.

So let's try this... again...

Author: Gergely Brautigam from Hungary
28 September 2007

So i decided to watch this movie because i saw the second part a month ago. I must tell this movie is at best a 5... And i would give it a five for the action and the blood and the zombies of course. The screen play was middle the script was lame. The story was so predictable that it almost amazed me how good i could tell who dies and why. I mean L.J. getting bit and then not telling? Come on... And then of course after he turns he bites the main character.. Who else? They are supposed to be pro-s at killing these things. Well they were less then amateurs. They did not even had Molotov's or at least a few grenades. But of course you could always say the ran out of it... I think this movie lives from the hype.. But i can give it at most a 5... The ending was funny thou.. :)

Avoid at all costs

Author: ilyadmitriev from Canada
14 January 2008

I've no idea why I attempted watching this cheap and greasy movie, knowing how nauseatingly bad was the sequel. Anyway, I've quit after about 2/3 of it and I wish I haven't even started. It is yet another collection of bad horror clichés, preposterous actors and ridiculous stunts. Apparently the only person impressed by all that was the cameraman and maybe the editors, who altogether made it even more unwatchable.

P.S. Looking at the number of 10's given to this movie my best guess is that all those miserable extras who played zombies are all registered on IMDb and obviously adore their own "acting".

Wow I don't know if I can hate a movie more

Author: arbrailia from United States
30 September 2007

So I just saw it and was severely disappointed after loving the first two movies. This movie is nothing other a mixture of other classic zombie movie plots. I suppose the writers thought that no one watches the "Night of the Living Dead" series of movies anymore. This movie is almost the same series of events that took place in the second movie of the Living dead series. And using the chick from the other zombie movies was a lame move there are other actresses that have not done films in the zombie genre. Every time she was in scene I had to remind myself of which movie I was watching since this movie also reminded me of the other movie she was in.

I really expected a lot more imagination from the movie. The events and deaths are totally predictable and that pretty much defeats the purpose of an action/horror type movie. I really expected a more interesting ending as well.

Utterly horrible

Author: SummerSky from Netherlands
26 November 2007

This is the worst movie I have seen this year. Character development is totally neglected, the plot lacks any twists and could be written by a 12-year-old monkey.

This production crew even didn't shun to use totally stereotypical B-movie props like *rolling tumbleweeds* in the desert hahaha! You just can imagine the fans blowing just outside the viewing area...and this was in the opening scene, I still had to sit through the whole movie :( When I got home from seeing this movie, I was so bored that I just checked out a few YouToube videos on my laptop that figured crashing RC airplanes - Yes, it's that bad...

Low-quality Hollywood suspense for the masses....

Author: jonascarp from Monaco
27 October 2007

I normally don't write negative reviews, but having watched the two first Resident Evil movies this must have been one of the biggest disappointments in a long time. To be honest, the franchise is pretty embarrassing overall, but this just about sums up what a crap movie should contain; lack of story, ridiculous "zombies" and a worn-out hero that merely plays on her admittedly physical appearance. The acting is awful, the "professor-turned-super villain/mutated monster" is laughable and the whole fight in the dessert feels terribly worn out.

If RE:Extinction is an indicator of what "science fiction" film investors are willing to depart with their capital for, we have a bleak future ahead of us! This is no science fiction, just cheap horror for the masses. I sincerely hope that they discontinue the franchise and turn the ship around quickly.

Soulless garbage.

Author: johnnymacbest from United States
26 September 2007

Despite the fact that this movie is based on a video game, in truth nothing works in this film, or whatever you may call "it". Why make a movie based on a video game when the storyline and plot works just fine on the small screen? Face it; RE1 and 2 sucked, BIG TIME. The special effects and the setting is great(bombed-out deserted Las Vegas, great idea) but what's the point if there's no solid foundation to work from? The script is filled with so much cheese and plain flat "acting" that I cared very little about the characters or the story for that matter. And since when did the main character ever lept up in the air to kick a zombie in the face? I've never played the Resident Evil games(though I plan on doing so since I'm new to the franchise) but for those who did this is a direct contradiction of the games where the focus is on gunplay and puzzle solving. Never once do the characters display any sense of brainpower that the characters in the games did. In the end, they just blow the zombies away in typical B-movie fashion.

I'm tired of Hollywood. No really I AM!!! Someone PLEASE end these soulless heaps of garbage before the movie industry as a whole becomes a lost art.

I'd Rather Get Eaten by Zombies Than Watch This Movie Again

Author: zerogirl42 from United States
25 September 2007

I got dragged to this stinker by 5 friends. I can tell you right now that at least 6 people walked out in the middle because Resident Evil: Extinction was so bad.

If you enjoy hicks attempting to rape a fully clothed Milla (there's no nudity), you may enjoy this film, but I'll warn you, this is the only plot point that makes any sense.

To sum up, scientists decide to make zombies more intelligent. According to their reasoning, smart zombies won't crave flesh anymore and can then be used as a slave workforce.

My boyfriend and I were the first to leave. I just wanted to go to our car and get out of there, but my boyfriend insisted that we deserved a refund for this atrocity. We found the manager and said we wanted our money back. The manager didn't even ask for a reason and seemed unsurprised. He quickly accommodated us. If you find yourself in a bad film, keep your ticket stub. You have the right to not have to waste your money or time on lousy films.

About a half hour later I got a call from my boyfriend's brother. Our other friend's had walked out too and got a refund. He said the movie just kept getting worse with Milla putting out fires with her mind.

Ultraviolet was better and made more sense (don't mistake that for an endorsement, Ultraviolet was very hard to sit through)

Not much good going on

Author: badidosh from Philippines
26 September 2007

Films adapted from video games generally have received flak mainly for their inability to cater to a larger audience than a specified niche among the audience - mainly teenage boys who spend their free time in front of, eh, video games. It's always a case of you either you like it or you don't.

Having said that, I enjoyed the first "Resident Evil" (I was 17 then) and marginally liked "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (I was 19): partly because I was someone who has had an on-off affair with role-playing games (RPGs), specifically with the PS2 console; but mostly because I understood that these kind of movies required no life-affirming morales, no intricate plot, no credible science to provide mental calisthenics. Just pure popcorn entertainment and an unabashed sense of escapism for them to work. Considering these aspects, it's not much to ask.

But then comes "Resident Evil: Extinction", a third-tier installment (apparently the year of thirds hasn't ended yet) that's so painfully unexciting, it's not just comparable to having to watch someone else play the game; it's like having to watch someone play the game using a walkthrough downloaded from some gaming forum. Everything's too perfunctory and the scare factor is conspicuously several notches lower.

Here, Milla Jovovich returns as zombie butt-whooping Alice, five years after the first film, when the Umbrella Corporation's T-Virus has escaped Racoon City and has set humankind into the brink of extinction. Together with a band of survivors that includes a sleepwalking cast of Ali Larter, Ashanti, Oded Fehr and, pity, Spencer Locke, they cross the desert to get to Alaska, which may be their final frontier.

Writer Paul W.S. Anderson and director Russell Mulcahy doesn't provide the story with any interesting characters and their treatment of the material is so half-hearted you barely feel the plot as it advances from one point to another. Jovovich still provides a solid central figure but her ho-hum action scenes can't make up for an overall lackluster film.

But really, when you're a 20-something male and the best thing you can find about a zombie movie is teen actress Spencer Locke, then there's really not much good going on.