IMDb > Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Extinction More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

The Best One

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
4 May 2012

I Thought This Film Was Perfect Resident Evil, As A General Rule My Reaction To Video Game Movies Is That I Would Rather Be Beating My Head Against A Broken Wall Infected With Blood Diseases Of All Kinds.

Resident Evil Is The Only Exception To This Rule.

Honestly This Will Be Zombies Galore To Any Filmwatcher Who Enjoys Zombie Movies, Post-Apocalyptic Movies & Violent Movies. If You Love All Three Then I Do Suggest A Viewing, More So Than ANY Other Movie Ever.

The Plot Is Alice Encounters A Band Of Survivours Who Plan To Go To "Arcadia" A City In Alaska That Has No Infection.

With All Other Resident Evil Films I Say This Exact Same Thing "Sit Back, Don't Worry About Logic Because You Won't Get It, Relax And Enjoy The Ride."

Alternative Title: Hot women with guns taking on zombies and the bad guys responsible for making them.

Author: Frederick Smith from United States
9 April 2012

Milla Jovovich kicks butt and takes names in this third installment of the popular series. This time the virus has spread and has encompassed the world, so Alice is out and about, trying to avoid the undead. Now toss in Ali Larter, the tough, smokin' hot gal from Final Destination and Heroes, add in some Ashanti, and spice it up with the return of Oded Fehr and Michael Epps, and you have an action film that is sure to please. The Umbrella Corporation is well represented, with Iain Glen returning as the infamous Dr. Isaacs, the Frankenstein of all Frankensteins. When he learns Alice is still around, he tries every trick in the book to get her back. Be careful what you wish for, Doc. Great stunts, great action, and every bit as exciting as the first two films, Resident Evil: Extinction is sure to please the fans of the video game and the movies. And for us old guys, there is an "homage" to the King of Horror himself, Alfred Hitchcock, that is sure to please. Rated R for brief nudity, violence, and language, if you have the others, you have to have this one in your collection.

resident evil 3

Author: kai ringler from United States
28 April 2008

Well i waited a long time for this one to come out,, it was pretty good,, but not as good as the first,, but then again when are movies as good as the first,, i think the first half of this movie kicks ass and takes names,, and Milla Jovovich is as sexy as ever,, even Mike Epps is fun,, and the dogs are back for a little bit too,, in the second half of the movie,, the story loses some of the original punch,, it slows down a little too much for me,, but it does manage to pick it up a notch again,, for a decent ending i thought,, i just think this movie like most,, in this genre that are a sequel,, is it was disjointed ,, meaning the pieces just don't seem to fit,, i mean all the action was there,, and Milla was great as usual,, and the Umbrella Corporation is mentioned quite frequently,, and the return of Alice not to mention,, so it's a good movie,, but can't top the original.

Hey I liked it!!

Author: Tim (videoboy1@yahoo.com) from United States
23 April 2008

First off let me say this, "I really liked the film!" I have read a quite a few reviews of this film, and some of them were positive a lot of them were negative. Some people were poking holes in the plot of the story, credibility, the acting, the writing, the directing, etc. Let me tell you something you find your favorite critically acclaimed Oscar film.You look at every single possible angle, really put every scene under a microscope you are bound to find mistakes. Also when one does this, does it not take away some of the joy of sitting back and watching a movie?

Next I will say is this "People lighten up; the film does not take itself so seriously why should you? Have you seen other zombie films? I have. Have you ever wonder about the depth of characters? Especially the supporting cast? The answers to these questions should be no. I mean you and I both know they are going to get it. The whole point to going to movies like this is to suspend one's own disbelief and to let your mind be entertained. I mean that is why so many of use read comic books, futuristic novels, about science, space travel,horror etc. Also to people who have said oh it rips of that movie, or that! Here's some food for thought, the writer himself has said that he wanted to pay a tribute to movies like Mad Max that inspired him, but put his own updated twist on it. What's wrong with that?...Nothing! Hell creative play writes have been doing this for a couple hundred years with Shakespeare. Not that I am implying the Anderson is any were near the same league as good old Billy Shakespeare. But if something inspires you, you may want to put your own twist and stamp on it." So in conclusion you don't like it… Fine go off and watch something else.

Whooooo Zombies!

Author: impossiblecreature from United Kingdom
27 January 2008

OK so i was hoping to see black sheep at the cinema with some mates. When i got on the train I met my movie loving friends but they told me angrily it was not on. They then said the only other film that looks OK that is on is resident evil extinction i had only seen number 1 and this was the third so i was thinking i would'not understand the movie at all but in actually fact it had a very easy to understand story. Packed full of over the top violence and lots of gore with fantastic acting (particularly by Milla Jovovich). This film is guaranteed to make you jump out of your seat. The film also like the others made you feel very attached to Alice (Milla Jovovich) and the rest of the characters. Overall if you love Zombies and lots of violence this is the film for you!

Personal Review

Author: norman1421 from Portugal
28 October 2007

I think , as a Resident Evil fan , that this movie is really the best approach to the franchise. The tension in some scenes are really awesome, the character's searching rooms, finding clues and things, shattered rooms with electric cables hanging , sparkling , i mean , this is Resident Evil! The action is intense, but not stupidly intense as in the 2nd movie, it takes place when it has and not all the time. The constant running for their lives, makes it a really great survival horror movie. Speaking of characters, i think Alice finally evolved to something else, she has power , but she doesn't make an excessive use of it, she's not a super-action-Kong-foo fighter 24H/day anymore. I'm a bit disappointed with Wesker, as a player , i thought he had a different role, i am mostly mad about the fact that his role has not been respected, but this is a movie, glad that they didn't turn him in a good guy ( Nemesis ??). In order to conclude, the movie could've had a different name, with different character's , because it isn't 100% related to the game, except for the names used in it, but it's a great movie, can't wait for a Collector's edition DVD!

Perfect!

Author: Joe Miller from United States
21 June 2012

This is probably my favorite Resident Evil so far and I must say this is my all time favorite movie.

This isn't just a zombie movie with just killing and death.

This is an actual story that you can get into!

Lots of action and intense scenes and of course a lot of Alice!

I showed this movie to my Mom who absolutely hates zombie movies and she loved this movie and ordered the others the next day.

This movie is a lot of fun to watch and really doesn't get old.

And finally Milla Jovovich does an amazing job and makes this movie a perfect 10 out of 10 for me!

Buy this movie!

~Joe

Although the film has its flaws, I absolutely love it!

Author: aimee294 from United Kingdom
1 August 2010

I absolutely love the resident evil films as I have watched them all lots of time, it might be just me who is taken in by Milla Jovovich,Oded Fehr and Ali Larterand acting skills but this has to be one of the best films yet and me being a huge fan of the films thought they wouldn't be able to do a better job. Although the film has its flaws like the new easier killing zombies who can be killed by slashing the through or shooting them in the mid-drift a slight flaw they didn't think through but it is still an outstanding film! The thing I love most about this film is that it doesn't fit into the stereotypical zombie film, like running round a confined space like in the first film or set in the middle of a big city over run by the undead like in the second film instead it is set slap bang in the middle of a desert in the day time only a really good director could make that type of a film scary! This film is so grate because I can watch it 10 times in a row and still not get bored, I really don't no how they will top it for a forth time!!!!

By far the best of the series

Author: ozymandiaskingofkings from United Kingdom
24 August 2009

With Extinction, the Resident Evil franchise sees a huge shift in gear from the previous two instalments. While RE and REA were action movies riffing off "Aliens" and "Dawn of the Dead" respectively, this is far more pessimistic, more ambitious and, in all senses, better.

Extinction, unlike the quasi-faithful Apocalypse, takes a huge departure from the games that are its source material, re-imagining the series as a post-apocalyptic sci-fi/horror, perhaps best described as a hybrid of "The Road Warrior", Romero's "Day of the Dead" and Richard Matheson's classic horror novel "I Am Legend", as we are shown a scorched world overrun with zombies and populated by only a few survivors, though isn't quite as effective as it's progenitors.

Essentially, the film follows two parallel narratives which ultimately connect at the film's finale. The first one is a basic Mad Max affair, as Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) leads a ragtag convoy of survivors across America in search of sanctuary from the undead hoards, meeting Jovovich's telekinetic super-soldier Alice along the way. The second, which is in many ways far more interesting, follows the work of Umbrella scientist Dr Isaacs (Iain Glenn) as he labours in an underground bunker to domesticate the zombies in search of an eventual cure (a storyline lifted almost wholesale from "Day of the Dead"). There is also a subplot involving the shadowy Albert Wesker, a fan favourite character who seems to be directing things from behind the scenes, but doesn't really have much to do (though is set up as the next film's big bad).

Technically speaking, the film is light years ahead of the last two. For one thing it is helmed by "Highlander" director Russell Mulcahy, who, despite a dubious resume is a far better action director than Alexander Witt or Paul Anderson and also brings with him a far more mature, impressive, eye for images. Sure, Anderson is pretty good at claustrophobic horror (well, variable. Event Horizon was fantastic, RE good, AVP atrocious) but less skilled at this kind of epic scope, so Mulcahy seems a good choice and conjures some effective George Miller-esquire set pieces.

In terms of cinematography and editing, the film also outstrips its prequels, especially its immediate predecessor, creating an effective feeling of tension while brilliantly conveying the twin worlds of the film: the scorching, death choked and sun-blasted deserts and the clammy, clinical world of the scientists. There are also some truly wonderful moments: an attack on the convoy by T-virus infected crows, the crumbling ruins of Vegas, Isaacs attempting to teach a zombie using kids toys and, best of all, his transformation into one of the games iconic "Tyrants" for a thrilling climax.

The acting is far more variable. Milla is once again great as the now iconic Alice, while Iain Glen is sublime as the sinister antagonist Dr Isaacs. Ali Larter should also be praised, as while her Claire Redfield has nothing in common with her game counterpart, she is suitably feisty and charismatic to convince as a hero for the survivors (though the question of what happened to Jill Redfield is never answered).

There are some character problems. The rest of the supporting cast are 1-dimensional, and attempts to give them Whedon-esquire quirks don't always come off, making it difficult to care about their survival. The storyline is also sometimes muddled, and Alice's development of telekinetic powers is handled very badly, coming across as little more than a deus ex machina. Albert Wesker is also miscast, appearing more as a cocky American executive rather than the calculating and charismatic English mercenary beloved by the fans, though there is still time to sort this out in the sequel (or possibly recast).

Overall this is a very good action sci-fi film in the Terminator/Mad Max molds and marks a real positive improvement from the last entry. Stylish, exciting and visually impressive, this is a great popcorn film, and I eagerly await the next instalment.

Resident Evil Extinction Okay But Still Flawed

Author: tburke85 from United States
18 June 2009

Resident Evil Extinction is okay but still flawed from director Russell Mulcahy who's admirable in making this third film but the lack of character development, more suspense, and a disappointing third act surprise villain are what weighed this one down the most at least to me. The cast for the most part are good in their roles including Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Ian Glen, Mike Epps, and Oded Fehr who's part like many others unfortunately is cut kind of short near the end. The rest of the cast including a brief cameo appearance by Ashanti are okay in their small parts but none of them get a chance to shine because they're written out of the movie rather quickly. The action sequences are well executed and paced. The special effects including the zombies and brief appearances by other creatures are impressive. The villain near the end known as The Tyrant who Glen's character turns into looks terrifying and deadly but his anti-climatic showdown with Jovovich near the conclusion is a letdown. The twist at the end was a bit of a surprise and the ending does leave it open for another one but I think three is enough for now. This movie isn't really that bad there are just flaws that weigh it down which could've been improved . Overall Resident Evil Extinction is decent with enough action, bloody deaths, good special effects, some suspense, a little humor, and solid performances by the cast who make this third entry in the trilogy worth watching but it could've been a lot better.