IMDb > Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Extinction More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

4 out of 5 action rating

Author: Jeff (actionrating.com) from United States
24 July 2012

It's rare to find a sequel that puts an original to shame. So you can imagine that it would be almost impossible to find a fourth installment that is better than the first. Well the search is over. Not only does "Extinction" beat out the other Resident Evil's in scale of action, it edges them in overall quality as well...not that it matters. If you're watching a zombie movie based on a video game, you probably don't care how deep the plot is. In this installment, Alice continues her search for the mythical, virus-free "Arcadia." While flying her plane over a desolate, post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, she decides to land on the roof of a maximum security prison to come to the aid of some survivors. It's hard enough to escape from prison, but how do you pull it off when the prison is surrounded by a zombie army? Loading your shotgun shells with metal coins is a good first step. "Extinction" would fit nicely in a list of the Top 20 zombie movies of all. It would also not be out of place on a list of the top 3 video game films of all time.

Another Entertaining RE Flick

Author: Charles Herold (cherold) from United States
24 May 2012

At its best, this movie has great style. Watch the first scenes, as the director poses Milla as a piece of angry candy in beautifully framed shots and lovely moments like a sliver of a dress sliced in slow motion, and you can't help but be impressed. The movie doesn't consistently maintain that supermodel-of-the-apocalypse quality, but when it hits it, as in another scene with Milla and a wall of flame, it's stupendous.

While the scenes without Milla are never quite as visually striking, it is all pretty exciting, including a transparent rip off of Hitchcock's The Birds.

For me, the Resident Evil series represents the best of movies pulled from video games, offering pure escapist fun that is fast paced and never tries to either mock nor run away from the game's sillier aspects. At the same time, the movies all kind of run together for me; they're all good, but they are all pretty forgettable. If you're looking for pure popcorn entertainment you can't go wrong with this one.

A Fresh Start for the Series in a Way

Author: tequila101 from Australia
12 May 2012

I believe that RE3 really has many good aspects going for it. I mean this one took the cake, and it showed it's true colors. It developed on little plot lines that were confusing in the 2nd film, it gave us some excellent characters again and it look upon developing the location even more this time by making every extinct: using a deserted area, along with the infected now being zombies, re-animated.

The plot is still the same really, the Alice characters is roaming around, gets into trouble, escapes and then finds a group of survivors taking camp in the middle of nowhere. She decides to team up with two characters seen in the previous installment, along with some new characters. I believe this sequel is a tad better than the 2nd film, because the atmosphere of the film I feel is more scarier and creepier.

Instead of taking a more modern tone like RE2 did, RE3 goes for a very isolated, deserted, scary feel where the dead become more brutal, the characters must be more smarter and the addition of the crows which was a creepy touch. The music as always was also good and Dr. Isaacs as that creature was pretty insane.

I think RE3 is definitely a worthy sequel, and works on many levels. I also found it a tad better than the 2nd film because it's plot lines were less confusing. But it's installment 3, and in RE, it's all about the action-packed violence which is all good fun.

I would give this undeniably bloody sequel a 7.5/10

The Best One

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
4 May 2012

I Thought This Film Was Perfect Resident Evil, As A General Rule My Reaction To Video Game Movies Is That I Would Rather Be Beating My Head Against A Broken Wall Infected With Blood Diseases Of All Kinds.

Resident Evil Is The Only Exception To This Rule.

Honestly This Will Be Zombies Galore To Any Filmwatcher Who Enjoys Zombie Movies, Post-Apocalyptic Movies & Violent Movies. If You Love All Three Then I Do Suggest A Viewing, More So Than ANY Other Movie Ever.

The Plot Is Alice Encounters A Band Of Survivours Who Plan To Go To "Arcadia" A City In Alaska That Has No Infection.

With All Other Resident Evil Films I Say This Exact Same Thing "Sit Back, Don't Worry About Logic Because You Won't Get It, Relax And Enjoy The Ride."

Alternative Title: Hot women with guns taking on zombies and the bad guys responsible for making them.

Author: Frederick Smith from United States
9 April 2012

Milla Jovovich kicks butt and takes names in this third installment of the popular series. This time the virus has spread and has encompassed the world, so Alice is out and about, trying to avoid the undead. Now toss in Ali Larter, the tough, smokin' hot gal from Final Destination and Heroes, add in some Ashanti, and spice it up with the return of Oded Fehr and Michael Epps, and you have an action film that is sure to please. The Umbrella Corporation is well represented, with Iain Glen returning as the infamous Dr. Isaacs, the Frankenstein of all Frankensteins. When he learns Alice is still around, he tries every trick in the book to get her back. Be careful what you wish for, Doc. Great stunts, great action, and every bit as exciting as the first two films, Resident Evil: Extinction is sure to please the fans of the video game and the movies. And for us old guys, there is an "homage" to the King of Horror himself, Alfred Hitchcock, that is sure to please. Rated R for brief nudity, violence, and language, if you have the others, you have to have this one in your collection.

resident evil 3

Author: kai ringler from United States
28 April 2008

Well i waited a long time for this one to come out,, it was pretty good,, but not as good as the first,, but then again when are movies as good as the first,, i think the first half of this movie kicks ass and takes names,, and Milla Jovovich is as sexy as ever,, even Mike Epps is fun,, and the dogs are back for a little bit too,, in the second half of the movie,, the story loses some of the original punch,, it slows down a little too much for me,, but it does manage to pick it up a notch again,, for a decent ending i thought,, i just think this movie like most,, in this genre that are a sequel,, is it was disjointed ,, meaning the pieces just don't seem to fit,, i mean all the action was there,, and Milla was great as usual,, and the Umbrella Corporation is mentioned quite frequently,, and the return of Alice not to mention,, so it's a good movie,, but can't top the original.

Hey I liked it!!

Author: Tim (videoboy1@yahoo.com) from United States
23 April 2008

First off let me say this, "I really liked the film!" I have read a quite a few reviews of this film, and some of them were positive a lot of them were negative. Some people were poking holes in the plot of the story, credibility, the acting, the writing, the directing, etc. Let me tell you something you find your favorite critically acclaimed Oscar film.You look at every single possible angle, really put every scene under a microscope you are bound to find mistakes. Also when one does this, does it not take away some of the joy of sitting back and watching a movie?

Next I will say is this "People lighten up; the film does not take itself so seriously why should you? Have you seen other zombie films? I have. Have you ever wonder about the depth of characters? Especially the supporting cast? The answers to these questions should be no. I mean you and I both know they are going to get it. The whole point to going to movies like this is to suspend one's own disbelief and to let your mind be entertained. I mean that is why so many of use read comic books, futuristic novels, about science, space travel,horror etc. Also to people who have said oh it rips of that movie, or that! Here's some food for thought, the writer himself has said that he wanted to pay a tribute to movies like Mad Max that inspired him, but put his own updated twist on it. What's wrong with that?...Nothing! Hell creative play writes have been doing this for a couple hundred years with Shakespeare. Not that I am implying the Anderson is any were near the same league as good old Billy Shakespeare. But if something inspires you, you may want to put your own twist and stamp on it." So in conclusion you don't like it… Fine go off and watch something else.

Whooooo Zombies!

Author: impossiblecreature from United Kingdom
27 January 2008

OK so i was hoping to see black sheep at the cinema with some mates. When i got on the train I met my movie loving friends but they told me angrily it was not on. They then said the only other film that looks OK that is on is resident evil extinction i had only seen number 1 and this was the third so i was thinking i would'not understand the movie at all but in actually fact it had a very easy to understand story. Packed full of over the top violence and lots of gore with fantastic acting (particularly by Milla Jovovich). This film is guaranteed to make you jump out of your seat. The film also like the others made you feel very attached to Alice (Milla Jovovich) and the rest of the characters. Overall if you love Zombies and lots of violence this is the film for you!

Personal Review

Author: norman1421 from Portugal
28 October 2007

I think , as a Resident Evil fan , that this movie is really the best approach to the franchise. The tension in some scenes are really awesome, the character's searching rooms, finding clues and things, shattered rooms with electric cables hanging , sparkling , i mean , this is Resident Evil! The action is intense, but not stupidly intense as in the 2nd movie, it takes place when it has and not all the time. The constant running for their lives, makes it a really great survival horror movie. Speaking of characters, i think Alice finally evolved to something else, she has power , but she doesn't make an excessive use of it, she's not a super-action-Kong-foo fighter 24H/day anymore. I'm a bit disappointed with Wesker, as a player , i thought he had a different role, i am mostly mad about the fact that his role has not been respected, but this is a movie, glad that they didn't turn him in a good guy ( Nemesis ??). In order to conclude, the movie could've had a different name, with different character's , because it isn't 100% related to the game, except for the names used in it, but it's a great movie, can't wait for a Collector's edition DVD!

Perfect!

Author: Joe Miller from United States
21 June 2012

This is probably my favorite Resident Evil so far and I must say this is my all time favorite movie.

This isn't just a zombie movie with just killing and death.

This is an actual story that you can get into!

Lots of action and intense scenes and of course a lot of Alice!

I showed this movie to my Mom who absolutely hates zombie movies and she loved this movie and ordered the others the next day.

This movie is a lot of fun to watch and really doesn't get old.

And finally Milla Jovovich does an amazing job and makes this movie a perfect 10 out of 10 for me!

Buy this movie!