IMDb > Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Extinction More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Makes 'Ultraviolet' look Oscar-worthy

Author: chambs from United States
12 January 2008

Wow, this is probably the worst movie I have ever seen. I am so glad I didn't see this in theaters and watched it on DVD at home instead.

This movie was so poor I could nearly predict what a character was going to say before they said it, and when they said it it was straight out of another film. Additionally, every scene in the movie is a scene I swear I've seen somewhere else before, or I knew exactly what was going to happen (although there are some unpredictable demises). The writers in this movie are the absolute worst writers I have ever seen in the industry, period, and they make more money than me- unbelievable. There was zero plot development, maybe even negative plot development, because every character you get introduced to is quickly reduced to a cardboard cutout. The two characters you expect to see a lot of- Claire and K-Mart have one line of character development/ introduction each. I feel like I know that guy in the Ziploc commercial better. When I thought this movie was going to redeem itself with an ending (Alice going underground), it just unraveled at the seams with the worst climactic ending ever filmed. When I realized it was the end, and that was the grand finale, I just stared at my screen in disbelief and shock. Even as I write this I cannot believe an end sequence that lame is even possible.

There are some positives- one of the action scenes is actually done pretty well, showing Milla Jovovich at her best, and well, that's about it. Oh yeah, Milla Jovovich doesn't wear a bra underneath her paper-thin tank top. That's a plus.

Please, don't see this film.

Evil Extinction of the Resident Movies !!!

Author: julle72 from Sweden
26 October 2007

Hi, Just saw the long awaited movie Resident Evil Extinction and was actually very disappointed and will explain why. I really enjoyed the 2 first movies as they were very well based on the video games with very interesting scenarios. It was a good combination of the T-virus story, the characters, the zombies, the escape, Umbrella Corporation. Everything fit very well. Very entertaining and true to the original scenarios (video games).

Now, Resident Evil: Extinction. Is this the same movie we are talking about? It has nothing to do with the first and even less with the second Resident Evil. The story does not fit at all. It is a very basic escape-run film with poor action and no story. Very typical if you want to make a follow up film to a previous one and do not have a good idea. The characters are not developed at all. Alice is just "showing up" without any consistence to the previous sequels, Carlos Olivera is badly doing his part and where is Jill??

So much left from the 2 movies to be developed to make the 3rd one good (3 principal characters, the Virus, the evil corporation, end of the world etc).

I looked up who wrote the Manus for that movie and saw Mr Paul W.S. Anderson!! I could have bet on it. He did the same crap on Alien vs Predator. Pity that story repeats itself again on Resident Evil.

Well, a movie to forget and not to be associated with the Resident Evil sequels.

Another Full of Action Sequel

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 April 2008

After the outbreak of the T-virus initiated in Raccoon City, the whole world is destroyed and crowded of flesh-eating zombies, and the humans keep moving fighting to survive. Alice (Milla Jovovich) travels alone in her motorcycle through the Nevada Desert, where she meets a convoy of survivors leaded by Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) with Carlos Olivera (Oded Fehr) and helps them to fight against a bunch of zombie-crows. The group decides to travel to Las Vegas first to get fuel and supplies and then head to the decontaminated Alaska. Meanwhile, in an underground facility of the Umbrella Corporation, the evil Dr. Isaacs (Iain Glen) is researching an anti-virus to domesticate the zombies and cure people using clones of Alice. When Dr. Isaacs locates Alice through the satellite, he forges an order from the president and the troops chase Alice, while the group of survivors fights against a horde of zombies in Las Vegas.

The full of action "Resident Evil: Extinction" is another great sequel of "Resident Evil". The story is a sort of "Mad Max" with George Romero's trilogy, but never disappoints. The acting is great, highlighting the gorgeous Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter (from "Heroes"), and top-notch special effects. The end of the movie is a great hook for another sequel. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Resident Evil 3: Extinção" ("Resident Evil 3: Extinction")

Just Lame

Author: ka2006 from Austin
3 January 2008

What's wrong with you people? You currently have this movie rated higher than both previous installments of the series. I've done what I can to right things by awarding it one more star than it deserves (even though I know it won't make a dent). I would definitely rank Extinction last in the series thus far with Apocalypse by far the best. You guys have Apocalypse ranked LAST in the series! LAST! It was infinitely better than this tripe. It was better than the first one.

Okay, I've checked the spoiler box (the irony was well noted) so here goes: I was intrigued by the opening (remake?) sequence, but began to worry as the camera swept over the ditch full of Alices. How well preserved they were. Wouldn't Umbrella like, dig a hole and cover them up or burn them or something? You're not supposed to be thinking about things like this when you're watching a movie. You should be taken along for a ride...not questioning the production values of the producers, the intelligence of the writers or the competence of the director. I did all that throughout this film.

I'll be honest, I love Milla. I'm probably not alone here. I love the games, too, but for me Milla looking great and kicking ass has been a huge draw with this series. Am I alone here? So, yeah we get this short (remake?) glimpse of our muse el buffo and then briefly in that skimpy red dress that we know and love (but really, we've seen this) but for the rest of the film she's decked out in thirty pounds of designer spaghetti western garb. HUH? Let's take this ultra hot bona-fide action heroine and cover up every inch of her glorious body except her airbrushed face. Who's idea was that? Which brings me to the subject of Jill Valentine. It's been discussed at length on these pages and pointed out repeatedly that her absence could have been easily explained with a few lines of dialogue. Don't the fans DESERVE at least that much. I say NO! This particular fan felt he had the right to expect no less than Sienna Guillory to reprise her fantastic portrayal and her very embodiment of the character Jill Valentine. Lucky for Ms. Guillory, ultimately, that she had no part of this mess.

So anyway, there's this loooooonnngg boooorrriinngg stretch where they're in the desert and I started getting drunk, but I remember hoping and believing so hard that the movie would get better....that IT DID! Finally, at the end, I think. But it wasn't enough to erase the horrible memories of what these sadistic filmmakers had previously dragged me through. At least it was over, though.

And it could've been worse. I could have bought this DVD (I own copies of the first two RE films on DVD). But I didn't buy this one, I rented it. AND I took it back the next morning earning me a $1 credit to my account. So I guess Sienna Guillory and I both came out on top here.

And those CGI crows were just lame.

KA 1/3/2008

resident evil extinction MAY HAVE SPOILERS

Author: josh from United States
22 September 2007

Holy crap this movie was a total piece of crap compared to the other two movies. If you are a fan to the movies, games, and books such as I am then you will most likely hate this movie in my mind this movie could have been over when alices clone was killed that was about the only good thing in the movie along with one or two other fights in the movie because this movie had no real plot to it at first the movie starting to go somewhere and after the first 20 min it turns into a huge crap fest ahhh i know I'm going in circles with this but i mean this movie could have been so much more it was just a disappointment to me and my friends when we saw it but hey they still have a chance to come back if they have SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE MOVIE RUINED!!!!! another movie but I'm not sure how they are going to work in about 300 alices and some type of super zombie that cold have been so much more in this movie but yeah over all this movie just made me upset with it.

Very good action/horror movie

Author: quinnox-1 from United States
19 November 2009

This was a surprisingly good movie. Definitely the best one out of the three made. I think this film is somewhat under appreciated and under rated. In fact, the more I think about this movie the more I want to see it again, its that kind of movie.

It had scary parts along with well done action sequences. Milla Jovovich was really good in it, you can tell she was in great shape for the movie. It was an entertaining movie to watch throughout and never got boring.

Nice cinematography in the filming of the desert, and a world that was devastated in the future was presented in a believable way. The evil villain was played well by the actor and was memorable. The story moved at a good pace and made sense in the "universe" the movie created. Some good performances by other actors also, the acting all around was better than expected.

This is a movie I would consider buying and I don't think that of many movies.

Great Zombie film, Yes - Resident Evil film, No

Author: dachande07 from United Kingdom
12 October 2007

While this RE3 was a cracking zombie movie, it strayed to far from the original concept and excepted storyline. In my opinion this has rendered the movie pointless in the RE franchise.

Let's not forget that Resident Evil owes it popularity to the game series, so I think it's only right that they try and stick to it, even if it's just a little bit. It seems very much like the director wanted to make an updated version of Day of the Dead, if you've seen DOTD you'll see what I mean in the first 5 minutes of RE3.

If this were a stand alone movie I would have given it 10/10, but it isn't, they've tried to be too creative and the director has tried to make a different movie. By doing this he's make a cracking zombie film. but a Resident Evil film, I think not.

I only hope this isn't the last one, it would be a terrible waste.

Definitely Worth a Watch

Author: Uriah43 from Amarillo, Texas
7 December 2012

Having escaped from the Umbrella Corporation in the last picture, "Alice" (Milla Jovovich) is now on her own and is riding a motorcycle in the middle of a desert wasteland somewhere in the vicinity of Nevada. On a separate journey is "Carlos Olivera" (Oded Fehr) and "L.J." (Mike Epps) who have joined a caravan of survivors led by a person named "Claire" (Ali Larter). The problem that both Alice and the caravan face is that the zombie population has grown on such a large scale that the zombies now inhabit the entire planet. There doesn't seem to be any safe place and so the only solution is to keep on moving. Because of this, and the desolate desert environment, this movie probably captures an apocalyptic scenario better than its predecessor, "Resident Evil-Apocalypse". The action is fast-paced and the plot is a slight improvement over the last film. And while Milla Jovovich displays good acting abilities, the addition of attractive newcomers, Spencer Locke ("K-Mart"), Ashanti ("Betty") and the previously mentioned Ali Larter certainly doesn't hurt this film. All things considered then, I believe this film is slightly better than its predecessor and as good as the original ("Resident Evil"). Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy this series.

Action-packed fun

Author: greenhourfilms2
17 September 2012

The third installment of the resident evil franchise has exactly what any fan of the series would want: action

gun and knife wielding chicks

zombies

recognizable characters from the game

side boob shots

Some may criticize these films for their lack character development and bad acting but as I have said in previous reviews, that's not what the series is about. The Resident Evil films are about fun and mindless action except this one has a pretty good plot. The only major downside to this film is the lack of Jill Valentine.

Here it comes....

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
13 September 2012

After the second Resident Evil movie, I would figure a next one is up. Looks like the Umbrella Corporation is up to its old tricks again. This time thy are trying to make an army by using the undead to their advantage. But what do they use? Blood from Alice( Milla Jovovich) since she has immunity from the dreaded T-Virus that makes the dead be less than dead. Now there are some survivors from the last battle who are in a convoy trying to avoid not only the undead, but the Umbrella as well. When they meet Alice from the infected crow attack, they are more than ready to take down the Umbrella and the undead. When one of the Umbrella members tried to use Alice's blood to his advantage, his arrogance really showed. He wears Alice down temporary, he forgets her allies. Especially when he was in that lethal trap from the first Resident Evil movie. Saying that "I'm Invincible" is one thing, but in that room, you're just a cut up for laughs. I mean literally. Plenty of horror and gore to say the least, Milla puts the "A" in action. Enjoyed it very well. 2.5 out of 5 stars