IMDb > 21 Grams: In Fragments (2004) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

21 Grams: In Fragments (V) More at IMDbPro »

Doesn't do justice to the film.

Author: hppg
28 February 2005

I really really loved "21 Grams" and found that this documentary didn't do justice to the fabulous film. I found it a bit short and would have liked to see more (especially considering how much it was padded out with clips from the film). Also, the version on my DVD (and maybe all versions, not sure) was tiny-screened and grainy, presumably as some sort of artistic statement, however it became really annoying because you couldn't see much.

The director makes some interesting points, mainly to do with the fact that the film isn't in continuity, and there was a cool scene where he explained a little ritual with roses that all cast and crew did at the beginning and end of film. I would have liked to see more input in this documentary from the cast and editor - more interviews with them would have been fantastic. I would have also liked to see more behind-the-scenes footage. I know they're hesitant to release it, but it would have been great.

You should watch it if you like "21 Grams" but don't expect it to be all that informing, entertaining or interesting.