IMDb > "Snapped" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Snapped" More at IMDbPro »

Amazing, But Not For Young Audiences

Author: Jonas_fan11 from United States
17 November 2007

I am absolutely obsessed with this show. It is definitely not suggested for younger audiences or people who can't handle murder or other things like that but other than that it is an amazing show! I watch it every single day. I was actually channel surfing and saw it one day, it looked interesting, I watched it and fell in love with it. This show is absolutely amazing. Cartain people I know can't watch it, because of it content, and I feel bad for them since they are missing out on a lot. There are many different cases, but I have seen certain episodes multiple times, but not very many. If you give this show a chance you will probably fall in love with it.

What made them 'snap'

Author: blanche-2 from United States
18 December 2009

'Snapped' is an intriguing half-hour series, currently on the Oxygen Network, that concerns female murderers. Narrated in a flat, just the facts ma'm female voice, the show takes the viewer through the crime in a prologue ("the question is, when he left, did he take a suitcase? Or was he in one?") After the credits, there's a brief biography of the killer, interaction with the victim, details of the crime, the trial, and the aftermath.

"Snapped" is very intriguing and a little like potato chips - Oxygen runs them one after the other, and after one show, you find yourself watching the next and the next.

For lovers of true crime, "Snapped" is a no-miss.

Proof that anyone can snap

Author: ImaQ-T from United States
7 May 2008

Snapped is a documentary program that tells us the true stories of women accused of murder. We learn a little about their lives prior to them meeting the murder victim, be it their husband, boyfriend, lover or the other woman. These women range from stay-at-home moms, grocery clerks, school teachers, law students, politicians to fashion designers; working class, upper class, wealthy. Social status doesn't matter.

We also learn about their lives with the victims and what drove them to murder. Their motives for murder are as varied as their social status. These women commit murder to collect on a large life insurance policy, to gain child custody, to get rid of an unfaithful or abusive husband or the suspect is an unfaithful wife choosing murder over divorce.

If you enjoy programs like Forensic Files, First 48 and Captured, you'd definitely enjoy Snapped.