IMDb > Eve's Christmas (2004) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Eve's Christmas

Eve's Christmas (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A second chance time travel MUST see movie!

Author: nancydrew-1 from United States
9 December 2005

I love time travel and if you do too then this is a great movie. I think this movie makes you feel like all those times you wish you could go back and do one little thing different. Elisa Donovan is not as bad as other reviewer wrote.To me she fits the character of Eve in a very positive way. A little arrogant and selfish at first until she is faced with what really matters. I think that Cheryl Ladd is also good in this mother role. This movie kept me guessing exactly what choice Eve would make. Set at Christmas time makes this all the more charming with a twist of magic and miracles.This is just as refreshing as "Comfort and Joy"with Nancy McKeon,which I also recommend highly! If you like time travel and romance then watch this movie!!!

Great Lifetime film

Author: Barbara Richardson from Amarillo, TX
20 January 2005

This was a great Lifetime holiday film. I saw the end of it when it first aired and then caught the rest on a repeat. It's a magical and charming story about a woman who gets a second chance at love. And what woman wouldn't want a second chance at marrying Sebastian Spence? Elisa Donovan is better as the younger Eve than as the older one, but I enjoyed all the performances. And Cheryl Ladd looks great!! I wish they had snow for the winter scenes, but it looks like they filmed this in Vancouver.

I hope Lifetime releases this one on DVD... I'd like to make it part of my holiday collection!!

Delightful Christmas movie

Author: BGsNana from United States
18 December 2005

I know this movie is akin to Family Man, Back to the Future, and It's a Wonderful Life, etc. but that does not make it any less enjoyable. (I preferred the ending to that of Family Man.)

Eve Stevens is a lonely career woman, spending Christmas Eve in a bar and watching families and couples walking by. She begins to wonder what success has really brought her. Leaving the bar, Eve bumps into Brother James who whispers, "wish upon the Christmas Star." Once she returns home, Eve pulls out her old photo album filled with pictures of her hometown. The photo of herself at 21 with her then-fiancée, Scott, makes her feel even more lonely. Stepping outside, she sees the Christmas Star... makes a wish and goes to bed. What follows next is Eve's second chance, and once she comes to terms with the reality that this is not just a dream, she is faced with making the same decision all over again... this time knowing what the results will be.

Not being a movie critic, I feel free to enjoy the movie for the story and not get wrapped up in performances and plots. I thought it was a very enjoyable, entertaining movie. I'm glad to see this has come out on DVD so I don't have to wait for it to come around during the holiday season, I will enjoy watching it again.

A Holiday Charmer

Author: ange_gabb from United States
23 October 2006

Not since 1980's Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, have I enjoyed as charming a film as Eve's Christmas. I even love the catchy title, transposing "Christmas Eve" to convey that the title character embodies, from a secular perspective, the essence of Christmas spirit. After each viewing, I am left with a tingly feeling that a person sometimes can be granted a second chance at love in the tender embrace of his or her soulmate.

Eve's Christmas, a fast-paced, sparkling fantasy, definitely is aimed at female audiences but, especially in these turbulent times, might find many fans among males. Not only do men also need a harmless escape now and then, but, like women, they are 10 pounds heavier after Thanksgiving and need a spiritual lift from the holiday blues (not to mention a distraction from their pockets becoming lighter).

I might add that the acting in the film is satisfactory, and I find that Cheryl Ladd (who portrays Eve's mom) is more attractive in her autumnal years than in her "Charlie's Angels" days -- or should I say, daze. I love the scene when mom and daughter sit in the living room, and Eve gets a chance to hear her mother confess that she had flirted once with the road less traveled.

Eve's Christmas reminds us all that, no matter how intellectual we have become as we age, the little girl (or boy) in all of us yearns for the miracle of What Could Have Been. Time-travel films, whether on TV or the big screen, are delightful vehicles for reaffirming the fluid, non-linear properties of romance. It does not matter -- logically or metaphysically speaking -- who the prince (or princess) turns out to be in these films, as long as love itself is the winner in the time-trek game. So, once again, like other chick-flick-loving gals, I await repeated airings in December of Eve's Christmas and other cable films of its ilk that transport me and you to that perfect dimension of time -- orchestra, please -- The Romantic Zone.

Elisa Donovan needs to be in more movies!

Author: BowlMeOvah from United States
12 December 2005

While not one of the most Oscar-worthy films ever made, this movie is a feel-good look at love and Christmas. Although I'd not heard of Elisa Donovan before seeing this film, her performance left me hoping I'd see much more of her in the future. To be fair, all of the performances in this flick were great and very believable and Cheryl Ladd was exceptional! You'll get a kick out of Elisa's 'guardian angel'; he's a riot! For anyone who ever wished they could go back and undo some things they wished they'd done differently, this will resonate with them. For those who never had that inkling, they just might after seeing this movie. You don't have to wait until Christmas time to see this film. It's just a plain, simple feel-good, enjoyable movie with great performances all around. And let's hope we see more of Ms. Donovan!

Cute movie

Author: j-l-fine from United States
8 December 2009

Loving Somewhere In Time movie, romantic holiday movies and time travel, I wanted to see this one. This was not as good as Somewhere In Time with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve but it was definitely delightful. This movie is worth seeing. Cute switch on the name - Christmas Eve "Eve's Christmas". Those of us women who wonder what life could have been like if we made a different choice, well, hang on to your seat - this will help you get through those regrets. You will cry, laugh, and it makes you think, for sure. Great performance by Cheryl Ladd. She was elegant as usual. I bought the DVD to add to our Christmas movies. Very good movie for even the young... no offensive language, no filth - just good, clean fun!

Worst Christmas Movie ever..it's not really about Christmas

Author: MissWatusi from TEXAS
10 December 2011

Now that the entire cast of Eve's Christmas has written glowing reviews, here comes the only honest review of the bunch: Worst. Movie. Ever. Additionally, the lead actress is terrible, with constant mugging and facial contortions. Cheryl Ladd is the best thing about this clunker. She is quite believable and in no way overacts like the father and brother and the rest of the cast. The storyline is wholly unbelievable and I could not suspend my disbelief because of the poor, over the top acting and terrible script. The scenes with the "French" designer was not to be believed. I did not understand the bit with the papers behind the curtain and the dancing, etc. Finally, Christmas plays very little role in Eve's Christmas. It serves only as an unimportant backdrop to the storyline.

Enjoyable romantic Christmas movie

Author: Phidippides from Minnesota
9 December 2005

This is an interesting Christmas movie which combines stories of regret, second chances, and choosing love over worldly success. Not expecting much when I started watching, I was pleasantly surprised by the heart-warming story which sort of hit home for me.

Eva is a woman who had success in life except in the area of love because of a single decision she made eight years ago. Choosing a job over her fiancé, she left the warm confines of Oregon in 1996 for the fast-paced marketing world in Manhatten. On Christmas 2004, she's given a chance to change things with the help from her "Guardian Angel", who lets her go back in time and to the place where she made the decision to break off her engagement.

The most enjoyable parts of the movie involve Eva's experiences with her friends, family, and fiancé during her period of "deja vu". As nostalgic person myself, I though the story of her getting the chance to relive her younger years to be quite special and warming. Having gained eight years of knowledge and the realization of what's important in life, Eva was able to overcome her past foolishness and poor decision-making to create a new life which valued the more important things in life.

I also thought it was interesting how the storyline takes advantage of the year. Since e-commerce was just beginning in 1996, Eva has the revolutionary idea of helping her fiancé bring his family's business online. As a web designer, I wish I could go back in time and do the same thing!

That said, the storyline had areas that were a bit too incredible, thereby bringing the quality of the movie down a bit. Further, the story was not entirely original, as the same story can be seen in other Christmas movies such as "Family Man" and "It's a Wonderful Life". Nevertheless, if you want an unsurprising yet romantic and positive story to see during the holidays, this movie will fit the bill.

Wasn't for me

Author: Dani Korkegi
25 December 2014

Perhaps I should have continued watching but deleted the recording after about 20 minutes. The character of Eve completely over-emoted her role to the point of ridiculous. Whining, hyper, unbelievable character. I'd steer a wide swath around someone like that. I have enjoyed any number of Hallmark's Christmas movies this year but just couldn't stomach this one for more than 20 minutes. Movies are a personal thing. Like art, music, etc. So there will be those who truly enjoyed the movie (as many did in this review section). Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. This movie grated rather than entertained. That said, I recorded the movie because I liked the premise of taking our present-day wisdom and experience back to our past. Though, if I hadn't made the mistakes I made, I would have made other ones.

a notch above "awful."

Author: adoptshelterpetstoday
23 December 2014

As with most of Hallmark's Christmas movies, I can imagine the writers questioning: 'Which one of our 2 USUAL careers should we make the lead actress have in this film: a high-powered attorney?...OR a top-notch marketer?...(coin toss)...OK, a top-notch marketer!'

And so the USUAL predictable plot begins...

"Eve," who makes a 6-figure salary by her early thirties working in NYC, gets drunk one night and whines about her love life. She is given a chance to go back in time...to her home town...to re-establish the relationship she had with her fiancé...before she had decided to embark on her career. She whines throughout the movie.

Cheryl Ladd, my favorite female star: Alas! Cheryl has never played a bad part. Why now?

Hmmm...now the only thing left to say is:

Let's hope Elisa obtained realistic dentures with her salary from this movie.