IMDb > August Rush (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
August Rush

August Rush More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 35: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

It's been a long time since I cried happy tears

Author: bambionice89 from Denmark
16 May 2008

Call me a sucker, but I can honestly say that this film moved me. The music was beautiful (I gotta buy the soundtrack as soon as I can), and the story itself was well put together in my opinion. The story is simple: a homeless boy is convinced that his parents are out in the world somewhere, looking for him, and does everything in his power to get them to listen, as he discovers his artistic gift for music on his journey along the way.

A beautiful movie about discovering who you really are and where you belong that gets a solid 7 from me. If you're in the mood for fantastic music and entertainment, this is the movie for you.

Music And Drama

Author: Grissom66 from Canada
25 April 2008

A charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) have a chance encounter one magical night above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, orphaned by circumstance. Years later, performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams) who gives him the name August Rush, the child (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth. This movie was really good.The cast was awesome and so was the music.I wonder if they did there own singing. August Rush 7/10

Inspiring!

Author: ah-bailey from South Africa
8 April 2008

This might sound corny, but August Rush really inspired me. Sure, the storyline is a bit predictable and the fairytale theme is not so realistic, but it was truly breathtaking throughout. Freddie Highmore is at his best here, playing the title character that never stops believing in finding his parents. He is an amazing actor and his facial expressions really made me feel his pain. The actors who played his parents were also really good, especially Keri Russell who was perfectly cast as the woman who desperately wants to find her son. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also good, and the scene with him and August playing music together is one of the best moments of the movie. It's such a beautiful scene that's shared between father and son, even though neither of them knew that they were related. The other characters were also amazing, Wizard was really good because at first he seems nice, but then he turns out not be. The little girl that teaches Evan how to play music was such a joy to watch. The last scene of the movie was just so beautiful. It just ended it off so well, instead of making it soppy and predictable. I think it was perfect how in the end, Evan just simply saw his parents and smiled with joy. It would've been ruined, I think, if he had run into his mother's arms or something. I also liked how Louis nodded when he looked at Evan, which leaves the viewer to wonder whether he'd realized that Evan was his son. So all in all, a brilliant movie with beautiful music. It simply took my breath away and inspired me to believe in the power of music, which is truly "a harmonic connection between all human beings."

One of the best...

Author: green0693 from United States
2 May 2010

I came about this film on a rack at Target for $4.99, and, not knowing what it was about, bought it. Later in the day I sat down with my family and watched it... and found out that, surprisingly, it turned out to be one of the best movies I have ever been in. The reason I said 'been in' is because, unlike just about every single other movie, with 'August Rush' you are actually involved in the movie, both with your emotions and your senses. Watching the movie brought me to a completely different place than I had been before, and unlike most modern day afternoons, I did not once check my cell phone or facebook, instead I had my eyes glued to the TV watching what would happen next in this suspenseful yet accessible story. I think, probably, this is THE BEST movie I have ever seen, and I hope that many people are just as touched by it as I was. Some of the themes shown to me through this story taught me lessons I will be sure not to forget.

Feel the music around you..

Author: Pradhnya from India
19 August 2009

The movie is about a guy and a girl and their lost child, in the end the three find each other in a beautiful way, happy ending. I was expecting a romantic movie. But, this movie was much more..

The beauty of the movie lies in the mysterious way it is presented, with music. How all the three main characters of the movie(child, mother and father) connect with each other and feel the presence of each other through their music..

The visuals of the movie were stunning like the wind blowing in the grass shown from top angle. The soundtracks were perfectly captivating the situations, portrayed in the movie. Freddie Highmore as August Rush(the child), Keri Russell as the mother and Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the father fit perfectly in their roles, making the movie more believable and beautiful.

All in all, a great movie and a must see for anybody who can feel the music. Because even if everything around you falls apart, you can escape and let go in music..

It's the Music

Author: jcook56050 from United States
5 August 2009

August Rush is not one of those films you can watch from the middle. In order to comprehend and enjoy the artful filming, seamlessly integrated music track, and a subtle story line that works on so many different levels, one must see the film from beginning to end several times. If there is one particular aspect of the film that sets it apart from so many others of its genre, a tip of the hat must be given to how hard the producers worked to join the actions on screen with the carefully chosen and performed music. Too many films of this type attempt to convince the audience that the main characters are musicians of extraordinary caliber, and end up convincing us there is no relationship between what we are seeing and what we are hearing. August Rush shows us moments of music creation that do not necessarily need to be perfectly synced to convince us that extraordinary talent is being given a chance to rise above the mundane and ignorant realities of everyday life. Here we have a music genus seeking expression with an innocence of youth that transcends the frustration and violence of his temporary keeper, a sadly flawed man who is doomed to roam the halls of mediocrity and short sightedness. Rarely do we savor Robin Williams with no sense of humor, but "Wizard" Wallace manages to make us feel uncomfortable every moment he appears on screen. Most people of extraordinary ability tend to understand their art to a depth and breadth that extends far beyond the comprehension of their audience. The film makers have certainly given us a small glimpse into the world of such genus. The teachers of Julliard School immediately see Rush's talent, and are ready to help him, though so many such talents simply go unseen and unfulfilled in the world. August Rush hears music all around him, and is forced by an inner drive to compose. He also subliminally understands that his music message will bring him the one thing he wants most of all, to be reunited with his real parents. What wonderful music that moment becomes.

A great movie that will carry you away in the magic

Author: Kyle Mallory (kemallory340@gmail.com) from United States
11 July 2009

This is one of those rare movies that is not only a fantasy, because the likelihood of this ever happening is next to none, but a fantasy that will have you believing every second of every scene in this movie. You can easily get carried away in the superb music of this film and not realize it until it's over. I guarantee that if you have any sort of imagination, you will not be able to watch this movie only once.

I've already mentioned the superb music, but the acting is also something to mention. Freddie Highmore has you believing in his quest to find his family and his natural understanding of music. Meyers and Russell are excellently cast too, and his own music performances are deserving of awards.

If you have not seen this movie, then you are missing something that shouldn't be missed. The story and music will both give you chills throughout the movie as you experience the magic of the music.

wonderful

Author: tosun_cem from Turkey
16 May 2009

that is real excellent movie which ı had watched ever before. actually ı don't like drama and musical movie but this movie change my mind to the like kind of movie. ı registered to the IMDb for voting and give some comments about this movie. ı loved it very very much. also it may be ridiculous but ı fall in love this movie. The music is incredible, and mostly consists of original scores. It includes gospel, rock and classical, seamlessly integrated in a new way that works extremely well I rarely like to see any movie more than once, but definitely want to see this again. Take the family this is for children, teens and adults shortly ı strongly advice everybody to watch this movie

what a amazing!!!

Author: anna koo (anna2.1itc@gmail.com) from Democratic People's Republic of Korea
18 March 2009

The genre of this movie is drama and a little fantasy. In 2007, I had seen the movie with my a close friend. This story is very very impressed to me. I could enjoy the beautiful sounds with August's Rhapsody. If I fall in love with someone, I would go to many music concerts such like that.

Band singer and guitarist 'Louis' and Cellist 'Laila' fell in love first with each other. after 1 year, They had a son between them but because Laila's parents do not agree on their marriage, they separate and the boy was abandon by Laila's parents. and the parents said to Laila ' I'm so sorry. your son is died '. Laila became very sorrowful. The name of their son is August Rush. August grows up to be a very talented musician and entered Juliard Music school at a very young age. Because of this, he becomes famous and holds concerts. At the end, August and his parent reunite at this concerts.

Simply Fantastic

Author: Mustafa Nasser from Jordan
10 March 2009

I'm not a fan of musical movies; however, I thought I would give this film a try. I can say I'm so glad I did, and I will for sure be watching more musical films. It is one of those rare occasions where I never felt bored not even for half a minute through the entire movie. That day I did not find something exciting to watch, and given that I'm not a fan of musical movies (or so I thought), It was not really an easy call to decide to spend two hours watching this movie, but I thought I would give it a try. Once I watched the kid Freddie Highmore tearing for the loss of his parents I was starting to get attached to the movie, and once I started tasting the music this film contains and with all beautiful emotions flying around I was amazed and could not take my eyes off the screen till the finish.