IMDb > August Rush (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
August Rush

August Rush More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 37: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

I really got touched

Author: WILLIAM from Beijing, China
29 June 2008

1) I just got graduated out of college in Beijing and during the last college year I had experienced a lot which had made me come of age. Recently I have been so trapped in another round of emotion lows that I can turn to nobody for any comfort.

2) I've long loved music, which, to my way of thinking, is able to provide me with some time of indulgence. I can completely get into it with no worries bothering me at least when I am listening to it.

3) I am always thinking that I lack talent and the only way I can be qualified, not successful, in the competitions with others is to work harder than them so that my diligence makes up for my genetic weaknesses. I admire the talented so much.

4) Based on my current psychological conditions, my perspectives on music and the talent, I should say that this film succeeds in catching my eyes and heart. It enhances the idea that I am supposed to trust myself, stick to my belief and go for it.

5) Anyway, I kinda assume that the plot is a little bit unrealistic, I mean, there are too many coincidences that might occur to nobody. On another hand, I tell myself that all is not impossible. Maybe all's been well arranged by God. I like this film!!!

fabulous

Author: razaqs from Lithuania
27 June 2008

This movie was so fabuluos and remarkable that I was watching it twice per 10 last hours. I was sitting in my chair and had such a satisfaction listening on this music played during the movie that I had not had a very long time or even never I had such. The story touched my heart that I nearly cried...

I think that "August Rush" should get Oscar's for at least music. Such a music I can listen for hours and days and it ever makes me bored off it.

Seriously I can say that the first time I saw preview, I knew that it will be maybe the best movie during my life and actually it is. Hope it is the same for everyone.

It's been a long time since I cried happy tears

Author: knightlyss from Denmark
16 May 2008

Call me a sucker, but I can honestly say that this film moved me. The music was beautiful (I gotta buy the soundtrack as soon as I can), and the story itself was well put together in my opinion. The story is simple: a homeless boy is convinced that his parents are out in the world somewhere, looking for him, and does everything in his power to get them to listen, as he discovers his artistic gift for music on his journey along the way.

A beautiful movie about discovering who you really are and where you belong that gets a solid 7 from me. If you're in the mood for fantastic music and entertainment, this is the movie for you.

Music And Drama

Author: Grissom66 from Canada
25 April 2008

A charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) have a chance encounter one magical night above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, orphaned by circumstance. Years later, performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams) who gives him the name August Rush, the child (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth. This movie was really good.The cast was awesome and so was the music.I wonder if they did there own singing. August Rush 7/10

Inspiring!

Author: ah-bailey from South Africa
8 April 2008

This might sound corny, but August Rush really inspired me. Sure, the storyline is a bit predictable and the fairytale theme is not so realistic, but it was truly breathtaking throughout. Freddie Highmore is at his best here, playing the title character that never stops believing in finding his parents. He is an amazing actor and his facial expressions really made me feel his pain. The actors who played his parents were also really good, especially Keri Russell who was perfectly cast as the woman who desperately wants to find her son. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also good, and the scene with him and August playing music together is one of the best moments of the movie. It's such a beautiful scene that's shared between father and son, even though neither of them knew that they were related. The other characters were also amazing, Wizard was really good because at first he seems nice, but then he turns out not be. The little girl that teaches Evan how to play music was such a joy to watch. The last scene of the movie was just so beautiful. It just ended it off so well, instead of making it soppy and predictable. I think it was perfect how in the end, Evan just simply saw his parents and smiled with joy. It would've been ruined, I think, if he had run into his mother's arms or something. I also liked how Louis nodded when he looked at Evan, which leaves the viewer to wonder whether he'd realized that Evan was his son. So all in all, a brilliant movie with beautiful music. It simply took my breath away and inspired me to believe in the power of music, which is truly "a harmonic connection between all human beings."

A Real Tear-Jerker

Author: Andrew Ritter from Niagara Falls, NY
20 February 2011

OK. I'm a guy. But I've got to tell you that I've watched this movie three times and, every time, I cried at the ending. It's nice watching something that has a happy ending because, in life, there are too many unhappy ones. What I really think we're talking about, here, is hope. And there seems to be little enough of that today in the world. The faith and hope this young boy has in the story that some day he will find his parents no matter what others say. I'm sure that running into your father (or son) by accident without knowing it, especially in New York City, is a statistical impossibility, but they do. And they both feel something special about that meeting although they don't know what. And August's mother has this feeling that he's alive, that he's out there somewhere. Twins separated at birth have the feeling that their other twin exists. Sometimes you just need to enjoy a really wonderful movie and not pick it to pieces. This is one of them. Bravo!!!

One of the best...

Author: green0693 from United States
2 May 2010

I came about this film on a rack at Target for $4.99, and, not knowing what it was about, bought it. Later in the day I sat down with my family and watched it... and found out that, surprisingly, it turned out to be one of the best movies I have ever been in. The reason I said 'been in' is because, unlike just about every single other movie, with 'August Rush' you are actually involved in the movie, both with your emotions and your senses. Watching the movie brought me to a completely different place than I had been before, and unlike most modern day afternoons, I did not once check my cell phone or facebook, instead I had my eyes glued to the TV watching what would happen next in this suspenseful yet accessible story. I think, probably, this is THE BEST movie I have ever seen, and I hope that many people are just as touched by it as I was. Some of the themes shown to me through this story taught me lessons I will be sure not to forget.

One Word = Superb! (Thiz Review contains Spoiler)

Author: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com from Indonesia
17 April 2010

When I first went to watch "August Rush", I thought I had to check thiz out just because it's one of the musical movies (Recently, I have seen many and I'm kind of enamored of those musical movies). In the end of the movie, I realize thiz movie is so full-hearted. The story is very simple but strong, I always appreciate simple movie that can express a lot. It's a story about a boy who's eager to find his origin and meaning of his presence. Thiz boy is natural born talent in music, just like his father and mother who are talented musicians. It's all about music. It's told beautifully, the plot has some flashback moments. But don't worry you will not be confused by its method of story-telling. It's directed by woman Director, Kirsten Sheridan. The wonder boy Freddie Highmore performs impressively with his innocent charisma. I think Highmore is definitely lucky to always get involved in some memorable movies. Another Actor who performs a significant role in thiz movie is Jonathan Rhys Myers. He is very lovable, his role as a rock star makes him looks cool. About the ending (Spoiler Alert!), the movie ends with the scene when his father and mother has finally met after many years. And not long after that, they find their boy in a concert stage as well, performs as conductor in an orchestra. The boy doesn't even know his parents have been watching him. And the movie just ends that way. I very much understand that is the perfect ending, that scene describes with beautiful and elegant way. It shows the meaning of hope could be better from now on. It's a very strong description. Superb.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com

Just when your hope is gone.....

Author: Skylightmovies from United Kingdom
23 March 2010

I really wasn't ready for the emotional impact of this magical story.

It happened to combine loss, yearning, romance and music into a touching bittersweet fairytale. But a fairytale that you so want to believe in.

Freddie Highmore drew you into the sensual world of a lonely neglected child desperate to create beautiful things. Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Keri Russell were well suited as sincerely in love lovers and Robin Williams was a surprise portraying the obligatory 'bad guy' alternatively lashing out with cynicism then touching vulnerability.

The fateful coincidences are the kind you dream of when you think your loss is to be born forever.

And as if that wasn't enough, the aural feast was a soundtrack worthy of an Oscar.

This film made me want to try.

Feel the music around you..

Author: Pradhnya from India
19 August 2009

The movie is about a guy and a girl and their lost child, in the end the three find each other in a beautiful way, happy ending. I was expecting a romantic movie. But, this movie was much more..

The beauty of the movie lies in the mysterious way it is presented, with music. How all the three main characters of the movie(child, mother and father) connect with each other and feel the presence of each other through their music..

The visuals of the movie were stunning like the wind blowing in the grass shown from top angle. The soundtracks were perfectly captivating the situations, portrayed in the movie. Freddie Highmore as August Rush(the child), Keri Russell as the mother and Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the father fit perfectly in their roles, making the movie more believable and beautiful.

All in all, a great movie and a must see for anybody who can feel the music. Because even if everything around you falls apart, you can escape and let go in music..