IMDb > "Peppa Pig" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Peppa Pig"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Peppa Pig" More at IMDbPro »

Peppa pig rules!

Author: mt1980 from Cambridge, England
19 January 2009

My kids (5,3 and 1) all love Peppa pig. It is funny, light hearted and captures the innocence of childhood perfectly. I love the fact that there only seems to be Peppa's family and a few friends in the whole world. There are no fences to gardens and the whole world revolves around the family. This is exactly how childhood feels within a stable loving family.

Everything is simple and straightforward with plenty of funny moments added in for good measure. Daddy Pig is a lovely caricature of dads everywhere (including me!) and makes me smile.

Wonderful stuff!

Oddly interesting animation

Author: richardsandson from United Kingdom
19 June 2009

This is one of the few cartoons your kids can watch over and over again without melting your brain. Very catchy and beautifully simple. Its a shame they aren't making any more.

While this show shares the same need to portray morally strong characters as most children shows, it's quirky approach, and the fact that Peppa can be quite bitchy, makes it fresh and bearable.

There are so many bad shows that adults struggle to watch, this one however, allows for a nice break. Great show, and my kids adore it. 10 / 10.

I hope to see some new shows in the future as I am sure they will be well received.

porcine based toddler hilarity

Author: recrea33 from United Kingdom
27 April 2007

peppa pig falls into the category of children's programmes in which the stars are actually the children.

peppa's little brother who rarely has a word to say is the star of the show. his laugh is thoroughly infectious.

peppa pig has the requisite moral centre of course: sharing is good, don't lie, etc etc but it's all done with such an innocent joi de vivre that you don't mind

damn catchy theme tune too.

peppa also has a website where you can play the various snorts like a piano (sort of) (click family)

Absolutely Brilliant

Author: shinyhardware from United Kingdom
2 January 2009

At the time of writing this has a paltry 6.0 out of 10.0 I don't know who's been voting on it but this is the best kids program on telly. In fact I signed up just to comment on this. ( I managed to avoid signing up for the past 3 year despite viewing the site regularly, which shows how serious I am about Peppa Pig's greatness) With 2 out of 3 Children being "Peppa Pig Viewing Age" for the last 4 years, it is the one kids program that I can and have to watch time and time again. Unlike Backyardigans, Teletubbies and Dora, which are annoying and repetitive in different measures, Peppa Pig is a pleasant, light hearted and fun program for kids to watch.

There are several layers of humour and my wife and I often giggle at some of the stupid stuff Daddy pig gets up to, its just a funny little program with no pretension it doesn't ram messages down your kids throat though there are lessons to be learnt.

Well done to everyone involved in making this program, I probably have a year or 2 left of watching the first tier of kids programs and if it wasn't for Peppa Pig the prospect would be a bleak one.

Very funny and cute, one of the better "kids"-oriented shows on now

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
13 April 2011

I wasn't introduced to this show until recently. I confess it didn't interest me before, but while flicking through channels one morning I came across it, and the rest is history. I do wish I didn't let my initial judgement cloud over, as this is a wonderful show that is a refreshing retread from the mediocre and awful cartoons that are airing now(ie. Dora the Explorer). What's more, not only is it perfect for kids, but there is quite a bit for adults to admire too.

The animation has quite an interesting and unique style to it, but all the same it is a colourful and smooth look. Not only do the colours look plentiful and lavish, but the backgrounds don't look cheap and the characters look cute. The music is great as well, the background scoring is good and melodious, but the real revelation is the theme tune which is very catchy and infectious, one of my favourite "kids show" theme tunes along with Shaun the Sheep and Pingu.

What also captivates about Peppa Pig is its charm. The dialogue is always droll and touching, simple it is but simple I like. The stories are very well-paced and easy to understand. What is also special about these stories are the way it incorporates the morals. These morals don't feel forced, shoe-horned in or preachy, instead they are incorporated in a subtle way and they never feel superfluous to its respective story. The characters I can relate to with no problem whatsoever, the characters here are very sweet and likable and that's not just the titular character.

All in all, a very funny and cute show and I cannot wait to see more of it. 10/10 Bethany Cox

Extremely annoying

Author: jediforce10 from United States
28 May 2014

If you want a kids' show that offers next to no morals, have annoying characters, and teach kids to be rude, then Peppa Pig is right up your ally. The idea of a little girl and her family learning life lessons could've been fine, but it turns out to be a complete chore to watch.

If you thought Caillou was bad enough, then Peppa Pig is right up there in terms of being an annoying brat. In almost every episode, Peppa is usually whining about something, being selfish, or being very rude to everyone. She constantly puts down what others, especially around her brother, George. She always acts annoyed with him and doesn't act like a good big sister.

Not only that, but Peppa is really irresponsible and never seems to learn anything. In one episode, she loses her stuffed bear, Teddi, again(Yes, she loses this bear on a regular basis). The mom tells Peppa she must be responsible about her stuff. Not even two seconds after Peppa gets Teddi back, she acts like she did nothing wrong and blames Teddi for getting lost, even though Peppa was at fault.

George, Peppa's little brother, is no better at all. It seems he's always got his mind on dinosaurs and only says dinosaur. He also cries constantly in a wailing voice that's like hearing nails scratching a chalkboard in surround sound.

Mummy is the only decent character, but only because she's the only member of the family who acts like the disciplinary one. She does lecture the kids and her husband about things, but she's also a complete airhead. She often allows her kids to do something like play in the mud, and doesn't do much to punish Peppa or George if they do something completely wrong.

Daddy, I feel sorry for in this show, but at the same time, he is a complete moron too. Everyone seems to always pick on him for no reason. His chair gets taken by Mummy and then he buys it back. Peppa and George act rude around him by interrupting him, calling him fat, or just being disrespectful of him. All the while, he takes this all in stride. However, he's pretty dumb and can't even get the most basic of instructions right. On the other hand, I feel really bad for him since he's always getting picked on by his own family. The fact that he hasn't lost his mind yet is also amazing.

The plots, if you can call them that, are really jumbled and most of the time, they go nowhere. A lot of episodes feel very rushed and don't offer anything to learn at all. The morals themselves, the few there are, are horribly handled or shoehorned in there at the last second. The episodes don't follow any kind of plot, but just some stuff happening and a few tidbits of learning here and there. There's no substance, there's very little stuff to learn, and the learning stuff in each episode is so small, kids won't even pick up on it. Also, the episodes usually end with everyone falling on their backs for some reason and laughing. Why? If these episodes have no point or moral, then what purpose is there to them?

The behavior in this show has got to be probably the worst aspect of this show. Everyone acts so irrational in this show. Peppa is always being rude and demanding to her family and friends and acts like a spoiled brat if things don't go her way. George is always crying over something minor and never stops talking about dinosaurs. The adults never get mad at their kids for being rude or disrespectful, but instead laugh it off. Nobody acts like a normal being and it sends a bad message to kids that being rude won't get you in trouble.

Not to mention the parents allow their kids to do stuff like jumping in mud puddles, eat their food loudly and slurp it all down. None of these parents do anything to correct their kid's behavior.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there is a narrator. And just like in Caillou, the narrator here serves no purpose but to point out the obvious like kids are too stupid not to realize something. When George cries, the narrator has to needlessly point out that George is crying. When Daddy said the dinosaur was lost, the narrator had to repeat that like kids are too stupid to remember something said less than a second ago. This narrator is as useless as the one in Caillou.

The artwork and animation is awful, to say the least. The character designs are so poorly thought out that you'd think none of these artists have ever seen the animals in this show. In fact, most of them look like recolors with different ears. The backgrounds and set designs are even worst. There's no shading at all in the show, no details at all in the background, and it's nothing but green hills with some trees and a few clouds. Everything looks so repetitive, bland, and uninspired.

The animation in general is just as bad. The characters move so weirdly and awkwardly that I've seen snails have more movement than these characters. It's very choppy, the lip syncing is off sometimes, and everyone moves like they have major arthritis or something.

In a sea of never ending bad kids' shows, Peppa Pig is only another example of how bad they've become. Its morals are few and far in between. The characters are not only rude, but they act insane. The plots make no sense most of the time, nor do they go anywhere. It's just another kids' show to add to the list to avoid. So unless you want your kid to learn to be rude, disrespectful, bratty, and whinny, then you'd better put on something else like Curious George.