IMDb > "Peppa Pig" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Peppa Pig" More at IMDbPro »

Peppa pig rules!

Author: mt1980 from Cambridge, England
19 January 2009

My kids (5,3 and 1) all love Peppa pig. It is funny, light hearted and captures the innocence of childhood perfectly. I love the fact that there only seems to be Peppa's family and a few friends in the whole world. There are no fences to gardens and the whole world revolves around the family. This is exactly how childhood feels within a stable loving family.

Everything is simple and straightforward with plenty of funny moments added in for good measure. Daddy Pig is a lovely caricature of dads everywhere (including me!) and makes me smile.

Wonderful stuff!

Absolutely Brilliant

Author: shinyhardware from United Kingdom
2 January 2009

At the time of writing this has a paltry 6.0 out of 10.0 I don't know who's been voting on it but this is the best kids program on telly. In fact I signed up just to comment on this. ( I managed to avoid signing up for the past 3 year despite viewing the site regularly, which shows how serious I am about Peppa Pig's greatness) With 2 out of 3 Children being "Peppa Pig Viewing Age" for the last 4 years, it is the one kids program that I can and have to watch time and time again. Unlike Backyardigans, Teletubbies and Dora, which are annoying and repetitive in different measures, Peppa Pig is a pleasant, light hearted and fun program for kids to watch.

There are several layers of humour and my wife and I often giggle at some of the stupid stuff Daddy pig gets up to, its just a funny little program with no pretension it doesn't ram messages down your kids throat though there are lessons to be learnt.

Well done to everyone involved in making this program, I probably have a year or 2 left of watching the first tier of kids programs and if it wasn't for Peppa Pig the prospect would be a bleak one.

porcine based toddler hilarity

Author: recrea33 from United Kingdom
27 April 2007

peppa pig falls into the category of children's programmes in which the stars are actually the children.

peppa's little brother who rarely has a word to say is the star of the show. his laugh is thoroughly infectious.

peppa pig has the requisite moral centre of course: sharing is good, don't lie, etc etc but it's all done with such an innocent joi de vivre that you don't mind

damn catchy theme tune too.

peppa also has a website where you can play the various snorts like a piano (sort of) (click family)

Please don't show it to kids who are just learning to speak.

Author: Amy Mets from Australia
21 March 2017

This is a show me and my older sister used to watch only when waiting for something else to come on.

It is on netflix now, and I thought when I first saw it there "Oh man, Sebastian should never watch this" he is my almost 2 year old brother.

He asked for it one morning and my Mum played it and I was reminded of how terrible it was. I thought it was at least a little enjoyable, since it is so darn popular, but even my brother had to take breaks from it and would start crying.

The animation is hard for me to look at, the lines overlapping each other infuriate me, and why does everyone have to be colour coded?

All females I have seen wear shades of red, all males I have seen wear shades of blue.

Peppa is rude and a narcissist. She clearly doesn't understand when something is awesome sounding, when going to "windy castle" as I think it was called she said something along the lines of "it sounds like some boring boy thing." Shut up child! It sounds awesome! Since when is a castle a Boy thing?

On very top of the list of various things I do not like about it, because of watching it my brother started saying "ig" instead of "pig " because of Peppa's brother's weird speech. He was perfectly capable of saying it before. Why can't he pronounce P's? I have like, hundreds of cousins who are younger than me, and they all seemed capable of pronouncing P's.

I understand there may be some Kids who cannot pronounce P's, but that doesn't mean you should put it in a show a little toddler will probably watch.

It just really pisses me off when things mess with my brother's pronunciation of things.

Peppa gets me wet

Author: XxIWantToDiexX from Lazytown
28 February 2017

Yes, I may be a 69 year old man, but Peppa Pig is the greatest anime I've ever seen. Being a furry, I get turned on by animals pretty easily. I find George to be very sexy and would love to have a threesome with him and Peppa since I'm a hardcore shipper of the two. Just a week ago, I was fantasizing about it when I started to masturbate to the theme song. Then, my gay lover walked in and beat me with a stick. He told me to stop being such a faggot and I haven't seen him since. He'll be back though since we're both furries and are going to Furry Con together soon. Well, I'm going to masturbate, bye!

It's just plain annoying.

Author: Mr.Pooties
22 June 2016

I don't like picking on kids shows. They're meant for young kids and not me. But this show is just terrible These kids shows can be done right. Like Wallykazam! It's entertaining, and but educational. This travesty airs on Nick Jr, a network that forces these shows to be educational. Peppy Pig teaches........................? That it's OK to call your parents fat? It's OK to cry and throw a fit at every small thing? That it's OK to be an obnoxious brat and expect no punishment or negative attention other then your mom saying your name? Someone has to say it. This show is annoying and terrible. The voice acting sucks, and literally no characters are even remotely likable. How could they? Every character is stupid. Not stupid as in dumb, but stupid as straight up stupid. The only character that can count past 10 is some 4 year old. But apparently kids like it. I'm just looking at this critically, so if you or your kids like it go ahead and watch it.

Oddly interesting animation

Author: richardsandson from United Kingdom
19 June 2009

This is one of the few cartoons your kids can watch over and over again without melting your brain. Very catchy and beautifully simple. Its a shame they aren't making any more.

While this show shares the same need to portray morally strong characters as most children shows, it's quirky approach, and the fact that Peppa can be quite bitchy, makes it fresh and bearable.

There are so many bad shows that adults struggle to watch, this one however, allows for a nice break. Great show, and my kids adore it. 10 / 10.

I hope to see some new shows in the future as I am sure they will be well received.

Adorable

Author: zsofikam
28 June 2016

Peppa Pig is a lovable cheeky little piggy who lives with her little brother George, Mummy Pig, and Daddy Pig. Peppa's favourite things include playing games, dressing up, and jumping in muddy puddles. Her adventures always end happily with snorts of laughter. Peppa Pig (both the show and the character) are so charming and adorable. Peppa is curious and talkative just like any kid her age and George is just plain adorable. Mummy and Daddy Pig also have their moments, especially when Daddy Pig is trying to accomplish something like when he's determined to go through blackberry bushes. I also get a kick out of Peppa's friends such as Susie Sheep, Zoey Zebra, Rebecca Rabbit, Emily Elephant, Danny Dog, and Pedro Pony. The stories themselves are very sweet and innocent, reminding me a bit of my childhood with the things Peppa comes up with. Absolutely darling and the art style is unique and whimsical, with a storybook-like quality reminiscent of Maisy, Oswald, Little Bill, Max And Ruby, Kipper, or Sagwa. The background music is so nice and soothing and I personally enjoy the narrator. He manages to sound simultaneously calm and excited.

My kids LOVE this show

Author: melonthepc from Canada
22 September 2015

This is the only show my daughter will watch now. My 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter always smile and laugh while they watch it. It is cute and funny.

Peppa and George are sister and brother and the show is about them and their family and sometimes their school friends and grandparents. A lot of it is real life things that would happen in a child's life and the characters are always making each other laugh. I really wish the live show would come to Canada (Alberta), because we would definitely see it!

This show is definitely worth a try for young children.

Very funny and cute, one of the better "kids"-oriented shows on now

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
13 April 2011

I wasn't introduced to this show until recently. I confess it didn't interest me before, but while flicking through channels one morning I came across it, and the rest is history. I do wish I didn't let my initial judgement cloud over, as this is a wonderful show that is a refreshing retread from the mediocre and awful cartoons that are airing now(ie. Dora the Explorer). What's more, not only is it perfect for kids, but there is quite a bit for adults to admire too.

The animation has quite an interesting and unique style to it, but all the same it is a colourful and smooth look. Not only do the colours look plentiful and lavish, but the backgrounds don't look cheap and the characters look cute. The music is great as well, the background scoring is good and melodious, but the real revelation is the theme tune which is very catchy and infectious, one of my favourite "kids show" theme tunes along with Shaun the Sheep and Pingu.

What also captivates about Peppa Pig is its charm. The dialogue is always droll and touching, simple it is but simple I like. The stories are very well-paced and easy to understand. What is also special about these stories are the way it incorporates the morals. These morals don't feel forced, shoe-horned in or preachy, instead they are incorporated in a subtle way and they never feel superfluous to its respective story. The characters I can relate to with no problem whatsoever, the characters here are very sweet and likable and that's not just the titular character.

All in all, a very funny and cute show and I cannot wait to see more of it. 10/10 Bethany Cox