IMDb > "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The Funniest Thing To Come From Disney Channel

Author: SylvesterFox007 from United States
15 August 2005

Disney Channel is a guilty pleasure for me. I watch it with my younger brothers, but I think I enjoy it more than they do.

I have laughed loud and long over episodes of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." The show is about two mischievous twins who live in an exclusive hotel, a perk of having a lounge singer for a mother. Yes, this is another twin show, this time starring Cole and Dylan Sprouse rather than Mary Kate and Ashley. The characters of Zack and Cody are easier to keep straight than the Olsen twins' roles ever were. Zack's the obnoxious one. Cody's the smart one.

The twins are no where near as funny as the characters that surround them, though. Phil Lewis is the comically stiff-upper-lipped, but strangely likable, hotel manager. Disney channel veteran Brenda Song is the lovely, Paris Hilton inspired hotel heiress who is conceited and sheltered to comical levels. Brian Stepanek and Adrian R'Mante have supporting roles. Brian Stepanek is the eccentric inventor/handy man Arwin, who is sometimes good for a laugh. Adrian R'Mante, on the other hand, as bell boy Esteban, is consistently hilarious and steals the show whenever he's on screen.

Kim Rhodes, as the twins' mother, is mainly there to deliver the moral of each episode, but she occasionally gets in a good joke or two.

But the main pull for me is 20-year old actress Ashley Tisdale. Her comic timing is perfect. Her delivery is funnier than most other actresses on TV. Her facial expressions are fantastic. And she's gorgeous. If there's any justice in Hollywood, her career will continue long after this show ends.

Finally, kudos to the writers. The problem with most TV comedies is you can see what's coming a mile away. The adventures of Zack, Cody, and company, on the other hand, are hardly ever predictable.

Very Good Show!!!

Author: Cathy Sudworth from United Kingdom
15 May 2005

The suite life is a very good series.It ain't rubbish at all, and if you think they are bad actors there mustn't be good actors at all. They are all good actors especially the twins. All of them have said it is bad and so far have given a really bad comment but i don't think so if you think it is aimed for kids then why are all you lot watching it. If it is about kids then it is normally just for kids so get that in your ed. There is only one good comment not including mine so if you lie comedy things like this then watch it because it is good forget what these people have said it is your own opinion. The suite life of Zack and Cody is a Good programme, if you think they are bad actors then what is good. But i liked it because everyone was good actors in it and there are a lot of good jokes in it and it is funny, for everyone to hate it you lot mustn't like comedy much to say there was a few jokes or maybe too dumb to understand. But all in all it was very, very good.

Actually pretty good

Author: blonde_ambition from United Kingdom
8 May 2005

When I watched this, I was expecting it to be pretty crap. The Sprouse twins lately seem to be Olsen twin wannabes (clothes line, TV show, plot less crappy movies), and for that reason I thought this would be as bad as an Olsen project. But no, The Suite Life is actually pretty entertaining. Judging by only one episode, it has a lot of potential and, if they effort is put in, could become a great show. Once again, because I expected this to be like an Olsen adventure, I wasn't expecting an awful lot from the two leads, Cole and Dylan Sprouse, but they surprised me. They work off each other very well, are great to watch, and have loads of screen energy. And their acting surpasses what I expected from them. The Suite Life definitely has what it takes to liven up Disney, and if nothing else, it's a fun way to pass half an hour. The potential is there, but really it could go either way. With any luck, it will succeed.

Fantastic!

Author: aviatorben from United States
16 October 2005

This is the BEST show to be made by Disney Channel since Boy Meets World! With great acting, an awesome plot line, and a variety of great actors/actresses and hysterical lines this is the best Disney show. Ever! This show features many many INCREDIBLE actors and actresses such as the greatest 12 year old actors, Dylan and Cole Sprouse, the stunningly gorgeous Ashley Tisdale, the aspiring actress, Brenda Song, the awesome actress Kim Rhodes, The HYSTERICAL Phill Lewis and Adrian R'Mante, the infamous, hysterical, awesome Estelle Harris. Every episode has many many hysterical jokes and i often find myself laughing hysterically at some of the lines.

If you have not yet seen this, WATCH IT! I give this show a '10'

Cool, funny kids show

Author: aris6891 from United States
21 August 2005

I was watching this show with my little cousin and it is a very funny kids show. The twins are so adorably cute, Maddie is such a sweetheart, London is kind of clueless but cool, their mother is really funny, and the hotel manager is really funny. The lifeguard is as dumb as anyone I've ever known but he's really adorable at the same time. Kids should watch this show because even though there's always something going on in the hotel, you'll always learn a lesson at the end of each episode. There happens to be something always going wrong but then they make everything right. I love watching this show even though I'm too old to be into it but everyone can enjoy it and relate to it at times. Even adults would find this really hilarious and I mean it! That's so Raven sometimes over exaggerates, Lizzie Mcguire is too good to be true, but Phil of the Future and The suite life are really great television shows. If anyone gets to see this....go right ahead and watch it. So I give it a thumbs up!!!

What a great show!!!

Author: keely-bailey from United States
13 August 2005

This is my favorite show.The acting is great and the jokes are funny! See I never really liked That's so Raven and when I heard about this I was just gonna check it out. I was so glad I did!! I think it's the best Disney Channel Show ever.

To all those who hate it I can't see why. The acting is not horrible at all!! The Sprouse twins did a great job and Brenda Song and Ashley Tisdale were remarkable. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody RULES!!! And I hope it goes on for a long time like Full House and Boy Meets World. Keep up the good work!! Take a look at the Suite Life. Trust me...You won't regret it.

They rock!

Author: shorty_0678 from United States
15 June 2005

All of you that think the show only has potential are crazy, (and that's just my opinion). Firts off they are great actors and are Really cute too. If you think my opinion doesn't matter then fine think what you want to. All i'm saying is that the show attracts a lot of kids to watch it. That's why it is a great show. Also the Disney channel must of brought the show in because they knew people would be watching it whenever it came on! Well i hope my opinion matters, because i think it should. Rock on Dylan and Cole (Zack and Cody Martin)!!! All the characters rock in the show, Maddie, London, the twins mom, Mr. Mosbey, the cleaner named Meriall, a bellhop, and the janitor named Edwin. All of them are good actors and actresses. I hope the show goes on and on. I think it will because everyone that i know loves it a lot!

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody Rules Disney Channel

Author: Taylor_Hicks_Fan from United States
27 December 2005

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody sometimes referred to as "TSL" is the biggest show to come to Disney Channel since Disney Channel's original hit comedy show "That's So Raven" staring Raven Symone. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody stars Cole and Dylan Sprouse, two 12 year old twins living in one of Boston's finest hotels. Cary Martin, Their mother portrayed by Kim Rhodes, has received the best job yet: the hotel's cabaret singer. She and her boys live on the 23rd floor of the hotel. Ashley Tisdale plays Maddie Fitzpatrick, the hotel's "Candy-Counter Girl", who is very smart just like Cody. Brenda Song, London Tipton plays the heiress of the hotel being her father owns it plays more of a "spaced out character. And Phil Lewis plays Mr. Marion Moesby the hotel manager who is always glad when the twins have to leave the hotel because they always cause havoc. This year as of 2005, Dylan and Cole will host Disney's annual New Year's Party. Every year before TSL aired on Disney, That's So Raven has hosted the party. Not this year! Move over Phil of the Future, You better squeeze That's So Raven, because TSL is fitting right in into Disney's top family and tween-teen shows.

One of the worst shows to ever disgrace my television.

Author: sbishop1 from United States
8 July 2006

Huh? I go on here and expect to see a bunch of bad reviews like for the junk that is ChalkZone, and everyone LOVES this show? What?! This show has got to be the lamest thing to ever vomit itself on to my TV since ChalkSlop. However I won't leave it at that, I will also explain why this show is just plain awful.

This crud is about two dorky twins who claim they're 14 but look about 9, yes nine. Anyway these two little dipsticks for some retarded reason live in a hotel. WTF??? Who lives in a freaking hotel?!?! And they go through the most unbelievable things ever, like they pretend to be the Prince of India. That's like the time I tried to pull off being the President. Anyways I gave this show about 10 episodes to become something more than hideous and it really didn't do much at all.

First off, I've got to say, while this junk might not be worse than ChalkSlop, its writing is much worse. The dialogue is freaking lame. In the 10 episodes I struggled through before throwing a shoe at my TV and never watching it again, I did. Not. Laugh. Once. Period. I couldn't believe how many times I heard the same old ha ha ha recording and every single time I thought, "Lyk oMg tHaTs LyK sO fUnNy! IF YOU'RE 3 YEARS OLD!!!" Here's an example. Character A asks: Why are you wearing that? Character B goes: Cause it looks goooood. Cue recording of preschoolers laughing. WTF???

The plots these dorky...wait, what plots?! Let me save you the time of finding out what is so bad about the story, and just tell you myself:

1. Big event happens to our hotel mooching family! OMG!!!

2. But, like,uh-oh! Heehee! Something has gone very wrong!

3. Dipstick 1 and Dipstick 2 think of an idea to fix this 'problem'! Hooray!

4. Uh-oh! Again! Teehee! They've been caught red-handed!

5. But, awwww! They learn some valuable lesson!

Oh, and by the way, every episode I've ever seen, the 'lesson' is always don't lie. Yes, every single time.

That about wraps it up for my review on this heinous show! But one quick last note: This show really doesn't deserve a star, a shiny star is too good for this show, I just gave it that since IMDb doesn't have a rating for -56578.

It's hilarious!

Author: rissbear290 from United States
27 January 2006

This show is a big hit! It is VERY funny and the stuff they say is really unpredictable. There has never been another show like it! Dylan Sprouse's acting and facial expression's are hilarious. Cole Sprouse is adorable. Ashley Tisdale is a great actress and like Dylan, has amazing facial expression's. Brenda Song really looks the part. It really see all these actors and actress's going far. Phill Lewis plays his part great, he's sensational! Kim Rhodes is really fit for the part. The guys that play Arwin and Esteban are what ties the show together. They're really great actors! This show is fun to watch with the whole family, and I promise, you won't go through ANY episode without laughing, I think this is the greatest show Disney Channel has ever had! This show ROCKS!

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]