The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D
Page 11 of 19: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Eh just like Spy Kids 3-D

Author: Freddy Jenkins from United States
1 June 2015

Spoiler Alert!!! OK the only reason I saw this film was because it was new and I was a stupid kid who was constantly bored. I had my parents rent this and my oh my was this film just bad. I'll start off by saying the affects for this film were just poorly unreal but at least captured your attention. The story really was a bit childish but at least it's got some good things about it. One of the things I couldn't stand about this film was George Lopez because he was pretty annoying as the teacher. He was also a rude jerk who I think personally should of got killed at the end. I mean he insulted the kids whenever he could and he didn't want our hero to even try to be friends with his daughter like seriously. I did like him as the villain though seeing as how he just had to be as much of a jerk as his 2nd character was. Overall this film is for little kids only, it's a fantasy film just like Spy Kids films. I give it a 4 out of 10 for it's creativity and some of the humor.

Hahahahha @repoed2

Author: dbrod65 from United States
30 November 2011

I don't really care much for this movie, it wasn't good at all as far as plot and graphics are concerned but something I find ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS is the comment that repoed2 made about this movie a few years ago! (If you scroll down the reviews until you find his, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about)

But basically "repoed2" says that the boy that plays shark-boy is an ugly, little moronic kid. He also says a friend of his knows the boy that plays shark-boy in real life (because they went to the same school). And finally, he finishes with the fact that he's not very popular and gets made fun of a lot.

Well "repoed2" I really hope one day that you come back to this page and see this because as it turns out that boy that played sharkboy is Taylor Lautner who's now one of the most famous, attractive, talented, and successful young Hollywood actors! Hahaha the irony of this situation cracks me up. Yeah we see who's having the last laugh now though

For Kids Only. About As Good As Spy Kids 3-D.

Author: Perry Mercer (Blackace) from Glendale, AZ
16 February 2011

Let me get the story out of the way first. The film is about a boy (Max) who is picked on at school and decides to conjure up his perfect dream world to escape the real world. His world in on the Planet Drool and the superheroes that protect it are Sharkboy (Taylor Lautner) and Lavagirl (Taylor Dooley). When trouble occurs on the planet Drool, the 2 heroes materialize on Earth. They seek out the only person who can save the planet, which is Max. From there the wild adventure begins.

Now, if you have seen the awful SpyKids 3-D, then you have some idea as to how this movie will look. I didn't care for either movie. The story was just badly written and definitely didn't have anything interesting in it to keep adults attention. Whereas movies like Toy Story 3 and Up have enough entertainment to keep both kids and adults glued to their seats, AoS&L will make you want to run out of the theater. There are some nice special effects and some funny moments, but not enough to keep you there for 93mins. I do get what Robert R was trying to do and he does it right if only 4-12yrs old are going to see his film.

Kids 4-12yrs old will probably love this film. It's aim squarely at them just like the movie "Shorts". If you were going to the movies, you'd send your kids in to see this and then you would go and see Robert's Grindhouse (Planet Terror) or Machete flicks instead. I do enjoy most of Robert R. movies. I was a big fan of Grindhouse (Planet Terror), Sin City, El Mariachi, Desperado, Spy Kids 1 & 2, From Dusk Till Dawm and even The Faculty. Movies like Shorts and AoS&L just can't keep my interest. They are just too kiddie for me. I'm hoping Robert and Quentin will give us another Grindhouse film, but have it focused on Horror or Japanese Giant Monsters like Godzilla. I would be interested to see how then would make movies in those genres.

If you are an adult or teen older then 12, don't even waste your time on this flick. Not worth a rent or purchase. If you have kids who are 4-12yrs old, pick up all the Pixar and Disney flicks you can find. That will keep them entertained for a few months.

Score 4 our of 10.

This is AWFUL

Author: jusjery from New York
29 January 2016

Okay now at first when the movie was continuing I thought it was OK but it was kinda boring but when Taylor Luther came to the movie it got worse. The characters : the characters are terrible really we all know that they are terrible of course Taylor Luther was the worst one yet just a terrible actor terrible at everything.

The story : BAD just really come on the story takes place in a dream come on seriously at least spy kids 3d had a better story.

Acting : no one can act I know that they are stupid kids but it is the same thing watching robots dancing cause they act the same way like lazy town characters and it's weird because it is like a parody of lazy town

Script : GARBAGE!!

Again every character sounds or look lazy the biggest disappointment is Taylor Luther and Jacob advice these kids can't act they should be banned from acting they are nothing but just idiots I hate them I hope they quit.

Robert Rodriguez why just why you and your son were bad sorry but it's the truth.

Don't even waste your time because this movie is terrible.

A children's movie that isn't even dumb fun to me...

Author: BlackCharger from United Kingdom
12 November 2015

Ugh, I found it to be a really really stupid movie, I'm sorry but I don't like this movie at all, it's one of my worst. I know a lot of people like it and that's fine, but I hated it. Yes, I know it's for children, but the thing is, it isn't even dumb fun to me, and while I don't expect too much for a kids movie, this is so stupid I feel as if it talks down to them, obviously the director had good intentions which is the only good thing I can say, and the scene with Linus' bad acting in the line "Send him to the principals office and have him expelled". Apart from that, this movie was boring, it had eye straining with bad CGI, stupid story, dull characters, cringing jokes and bad acting. The song dream also sucks, it is so cringing bad and the dancing is a no no, the singing is... oh god...

Okay, with it's horrible CGI visuals, which I know is Roberts trademark style but it's way too gimmicky and it doesn't mean I have to like it, though I liked it on the original Spy Kids, which is a way better movie than this. The colours in this movie hurt my eyes so much and the wacky and awkward movements don't help. The characters do the stupidest things, even though Lavagirl was aware she would burn things she holds the journal and this movie just keeps on continuing... ugh... The burning of Lavagirl is very inconsistent as well. I could point out all the problems I have but this should briefly cover my thoughts on this enough.

I might be nitpicking on this movie at some points and yeah it's a dumb kids movie that doesn't age well for many, but even as a kid, I didn't like this. I loved Spy Kids so much I might have expected too much from this. As I said, if you like it, that's cool, that doesn't mean you're stupid or anything, but for me, I'm putting this movie at #3 or #2 worst in my worst movie list, it's not the most frustrating thing ever and it's more like groaning, but the quality and acting is bad so...

Why this movie was AWESOME!

Author: Dani Potter
12 October 2013

I am 12 years old now, but when I was 7 I had the privilege to go out and see ''The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl'' in theaters. After the movie, I was HOOKED ON IT! Anything that had to do with dreamed up characters interested me....so much that when I bought the DVD with a few pairs of 3D glasses, I set out to watch the movie from beginning to end ALL OVER again. But after this long ride over and over, I began to get sick of it and stopped watching all together....that is until a few days ago, when I was searching for something and I found the DVD of this film, all pairs of glasses still intact inside, despite being a little dusty. I slipped it into my blue-ray player and have been watching it ever since! This movie was, despite what critics say, AWESOME! Taylor Lautner and Taylor Dooley were the BEST Sharkboy and Lavagirl I have ever seen! Only thing I would like to add is this....THIS MOVIE NEEDS A SEQUEL!!!!

Oatmeal has more vibrant colors

Author: Steve Pulaski from United States
6 November 2010

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is a poor 3D film made for kids and by an actual kid. Supposedly, Robert Rodriguez's seven year old son, Racer assisted Rodriguez in writing the screenplay for this film, but that doesn't mean I'll treat like anything less than a movie. Just because a seven year old probably wrote more than half of it, it's still a movie in a wide release. I have full right to nitpick it. While I will say Racer has creative and inventive daydreams, I don't think a movie was entirely necessary; especially in the tiresome, droning 3D.

The 3D dates back to when RealD was never out. The Red/Blue glasses ruled mostly from 2003 - 05. I remember Spy Kids 3D: Game Over and this film being the prime examples and topics for best 3D movie in my school. I disagreed with both films. Both movies' 3D value really sucks. It completely tones down the color scheme and even in 2D the film still has the "Glasses On" thing informing you the upcoming scene will be in 3D. It should read "Colors commencing off in five...four...three...two...one...off.

So the movie's plot is dam sure a seven year olds dream. It reminds me of when some of the classic stories like Alice in Wonderland were written when the author was on drugs. I could almost drag out my bong and make something like this. Max is a loner at school. He's bullied by everyone, but there's much more than meets the eye about him. He carries around "a dream journal" in which he writes down his thoughts and ideas as they stem from his creative head.

We then go into the world of Sharkboy and Lavagirl who magically appear during a tornado when Max is at school. They take him to "Planet Drool" where dreams rule (no pun). The goal is to stop "Planet Drool" from being taken over by Mr. Electric. So the whole movie is the protagonists trying every which way and going through every obstacle trying to achieve what one would assume be an easy goal.

It's another kids film so don't expect much of the plot. The visuals are nice...if the 3D wasn't added. The biggest gripe of the film stems from the 3D as stated before. I dug out the DVD of it and watched it that way and my memories of my assumption of my vision being shot when I watched it all came back. I repeatedly ask my mom if my eyes weren't working because everything looked drab and lifeless. This is the kind of film that has a lot of vibrant visuals and some great shots of water and lava. Don't use 3D which tones down the brightness.

The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl is a failed experiment of a movie. It's an unnecessary, predictable film ruined by it's lackluster 3D scheme. While all three kids are fun loving, adventurous, and likable protagonists and the moral of the story is a good one, I think kids will be too busy taking off their glasses, asking lots of questions, and wondering why the colors look like colored Easter Eggs that were put in the dye for thirty seconds to hear what the moral was.

Starring: Cayden Boyd, Taylor Dooley, Taylor Lautner, David Arquette, Kristin Davis, and George Lopez. Directed by: Robert Rodriguez.

Utter Rubbish......

Author: s-burton101 from United Kingdom
23 April 2010

OK..... I am 13 now. I saw this film when I was 9. I still think its THE worst film I've ever seen PERIOD. Technically, I didn't actually see all of it as me and my family turn it of in 10 minutes through the film because we were so astonished at how bad it was. It's worse the a film called Norbit, and thats saying something. Who the HELL directed this piece of crap? In fact, this movie is so bad, I wouldn't even call it that.

This movie is so bad that the name that it is hasn't been invented yet. I would highly recommend NOT watching this movie if you don't want to waste 90 minutes of your time. I would rate it 0/10 but they can't go that far so for now it will have to be 1/10 stars

Sharkboy was HOTT!

Author: Brooke the Winged Vampire (sound_of_music15) from Alaska
10 March 2008

Taylor did a fantastic job He did that karate and he was amazing I L_O_V_E HIM!

Taylor is going to be in Twilight. Jacob black!

The special effects were alright but I have seen better!!

I hope that all the actors had a good time making it because it looked and was fun to watch.

The 2d version sucks just so all of the people know.

The 3d one was great! The movie really felt like you where there fighting the evil balloon headed guy with them. I really didn't like the whole I am in love with my teacher's daughter thing. I thought that that was just pathetic.

Loved this movie it is awesome!

Author: CrAzY_CaSsIe from United States
26 December 2005

i personally don't see why people DON'T like this movie because it gives children the thought that your dreams can come true (i mean the realistic ones LOL) i'm 13 years old and loved so i do not think that it's just for little kids! and Shark boy (TAylor Lautner) was a really good shark boy he has the athletic ability shark boy needed he is very dramatic which is GOOD uh.... and he is HOT!! Lava Girl (Taylor Dooley) has like the BRIGHTEST smile i've ever seen, she seems really nice. uh... Max (Cayden Boyd) was an OK actor but i'm not real sure about him. Well people who think Shark Boy's cute go to Taylor Lautner and find out more about him, and same thing for all the actors/actresses. Here is my two favorite quotes, "So she's a light BIG deal, the real news is what I am" shark boy "annoying?" lava girl "NO! king of the ocean" shark boy and this is the other one "a banana split? still hungry max? how about a knuckle sandwich!?"