The Andromeda Strain (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a woman lie side-by-side in a truck. The guy starts to 'get down' on her. She asks what he is doing and he answers he is going somewhere no man has ever gone before. A woman talks to her husband over the phone. The man says he is desperate. The woman asks him to explain how desperate he is 'in full details'. Some men and a woman is shown being 'disinfected'. They are all naked but no graphic nudes. The men's chests are shown and the woman's breasts are visible from the side.
Violence & Gore
- Violence and Gore. 5/10 There are very few scenes of violence and little-to-no gore.
- When Andromeda infects humans, their arteries+veins pop out
- Some humans infected with Andromeda have homicidal tendencies (mostly limited to tame gun violence; one person decapitates himself using a chainsaw (very quick and seen through a camera). We see lots of dead bodies. They have veins popping out on their faces. A woman torches herself. Men are shot. People commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head. (none of above is graphic).
- A cop shoots multiple people in a diner then shoots himself in the neck. Blood is shown.
- Violence resembles a PG-13 movie.
- 4 "s" words and other moderate profanity
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Nash is portrayed as a drug addict. At one point we see him snort cocaine offscreen.
- A couple smokes weed.