IMDb > Wishman (1983) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Wishman (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Wishman: The Genetic Wonder

Author: hkwalker
16 May 2005

I have vague memories of Wishman. I believe the project may have been billed as "Wishman: The Genetic Wonder." The plot involves the creation of a small, quasi-human, genetically engineered being. This being is rescued or liberated from a lab by two scientists who then go on the run, trying to establish civil rights and freedom for Wishman.

This may have been a pilot for a proposed series. If so, I suspect that Wishman may have been somewhat disconcerting. The producers were trying to go for "E.T." cuteness, I think, but Wishman is too close to human for comfort. In any event, I have never seen or heard of "Wishman" since it first appeared.

E.T. Hopeful

Author: richard.fuller1
11 November 2012

I always hearken back to this and Automan, with Chuck Wagner and Desi Arnaz Jr. They came out about the same time, I've always been big about superheroes.

Automan has turned up on Scifi channel, or at least it did on marathon days about ten or so years ago.

Wishman, alas, I don't think got far beyond the pilot, maybe a couple of episodes.

It was striving for ET with a blue-eyed dwarf creature with little antlers.

But I never thought there was anything cute about ET, so this thing didn't stand a chance.

Don't really recall what the wishes were, or what it's powers were.

Didn't check the cast. Think that was soap actor John Rubinstein, did I get the name correct, from GH, who was the bad guy here.

It wasn't human, it was created in a lab, so they wanted to kill it.

Joseph Bottoms had to rescue it. He began crying over it and Wishman was supposed to respond or something.

"Wow. It has emotions." "Of course it does," Bottoms replied.

Funny thing is, I don't recall the muppet looking thing changing any expressions.

ET-lite is all it was.