An excellent new chapter. Dramatic, romantic & funny.

Author: Growlyted from England
23 September 2005

I have loyally collected each instalment of this cute animated adventure & this is one of the best. Littlefoot discovers that even a little lie can have dire consequences & the importance of owning up. While heavy on the moral issues at times, this is an exciting story with romance on the side. Friendship is tested to the limits, but there is laughter to balance the tension. The "Tinysauruses" are a colourful bunch who just want to have fun and feed, but are misunderstood by the Great Valley inhabitants. Three of them play essential roles in the drama that unfolds. Plus a tender hearted Threehorn called Tria. Three songs too. This series continues to impress & no doubt there'll be more. I hope so. 9/10

One of my least favourite sequels of the LBT franchise

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
8 June 2010

Most of the sequels haven't been too bad actually, though none of them are as good as the wonderful and poignant original. I am sorry to say this sequel is one of my least favourites of the franchise, my least favourite being Wisdom of Friends. The animation is pretty decent, the voice acting is well done, the film moves quickly, there is some nice messaging and the Tinysauruses are cute. However, this sequel also has an episodic story structure and laboured plot, forgettable music, childish dialogue and the characters are less emphatic here. Ducky is fine but Cera is very bratty here. Overall, it is okay, but it isn't great. 4/10 Bethany Cox

Invasion of the Tinysauruses

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
15 April 2009

The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses, the eleventh installment in The Land Before Time series. After seeing the last Land Before Time movie, The Great Longneck Adventure, it was a terrific movie so I was really looking forward to this sequel. Now still this was a fun movie, had a decent story and the animation was good, just it wasn't as good as I was expecting, but it's a good movie still. This story is one that I'm too familiar with from every sit com in the world, the problem with size, how many kids are either too small or too big and are so concerned with their mega or lack their of ability of growing. But it's always a moral tale that needs a good repeat for the new generation and The Land Before Time now takes it on. But still I loved the animation, the colors are getting brighter and the movement of the characters are more clean. How could you not enjoy these sequels? Littlefoot and his friends are a joy to watch on screen together and the writers added another story of the difficulty of accepting another adult into a child's life, Invasion of the Tinyauruses is a good movie.

Every year, as the warm season approaches, a certain tree in the Great Valley blooms with pink flowers. Since they are so delicious, every dinosaur in the valley wants his/her fair share of it. Littlefoot and his friends Ducky, Petrie and Spike are eagerly waiting to nibble the first treesweets. Ducky tries to take one, but Littlefoot quickly tells her to stop and reminds them all that none may take any treesweets until "Nibbling Day". Meanwhile, Cera's father is visited by an old friend , a female treehorn named Tria, it seems he used to have a crush on her. Cera doesn't take as kindly to her as her father does as she is jealous of her relationship with her father being put on hold because of Tria. Littlefoot, meanwhile, goes off by himself, feeling very down about how "little" he is. As he returns to the treesweet tree, he climbs up the cliff right next to it and tries to reach the treesweets by himself. As he does, he accidentally falls right through the tree and knocks down every single treesweet. He finds himself surrounded by several miniature longnecks. They have eaten all the treesweets and quickly run away once the shocked Littlefoot starts screaming out of fear. Upon noticing that every treesweet is gone, all the dinosaurs in the valley are standing in front of the tree; they all suspect Littlefoot to be the guilty party. Littlefoot, afraid to admit it was his fault that the treesweets fell off the tree, blames everything on the tiny longnecks. Littlefoot falls down a pothole in the ground where, it turns out, the tiny longnecks are hiding in. First being afraid of them, Littlefoot flees deeper into the cave; but soon enough, he finds out that the tiny longnecks are not as bad as he thought and befriends them. Upon hearing how difficult it is for the tinysauruses to find food, he promises to help bring them as many treestars as he can every night. But he's still not sure how to explain their existence to the valley without getting blamed for the treesweets accident.

The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses was a good sequel, not the best but still worth the watch. Littlefoot is getting a little more mature with each story, I loved how he stood up to the valley and defended the little longnecks. The little longnecks were so cute and a great addition to the story. One story I did appreciate was the one between Cera, her father and Tria, a lot of kids have a difficult time when their parents split and start dating again so I think this was a good story to show. So over all The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses is worth the watch, it's a good sequel. So far it seems like the only reason people are complaining about these sequels are just because there are so many of them, my advice is to get over it, I'm glad I got into them. They are fun movies to watch for yourself, the family or your kids. I do recommend Invasion of the Tinysauruses, trust me, I'm always honest with the reviews.

The Movie is stupid

Author: soralloyd from United States
26 January 2007

These sequels are getting VERY annoying. The first land before time was great. Wonderful and original. Now its story is being treated like dirt when Grosvenor decides to make more and more sequels getting worse every time.

The first one is fantastic. The second one is good. So is the third one. Then along came this director and decided to make 9 more! Whats more, there's a TV series! In the first one, Don Bluth was going to make it that they died in it and the Great Valley was heaven. He should have so that there could be no more sequels.

This movie wasn't even good. The movies are becoming the same old plot line every time with nothing worth watching in it.

Please stop Grosvenor

Author: Nova_Scotia from Australia
6 January 2007

This movie wasn't even good. The movies are becoming the same old plot line every time with nothing particually worth watching in it.

My least favourite LBT, what was Grosvenor thinking?

Author: Mightyzebra from Scotland
26 February 2007

Unlike lots of people on planet earth, I am not bothered about them making so many LBTs. I actually like that they make new ones all the time because I am always anxious to find out what happens next. Unfortunately, this one was very disappointing. Why did Littlefoot have to lie? Why did his friends want a special treat so innocent creatures could be killed? Why did Littlefoot's grandparents say he was small? Irriatating questions only the writer can answer.

The film starts when the yearly supply of tree-sweets appears on a tree-sweet tree. Cera and his grandparents ( :( ) say Littlefoot is small. Littlefoot knocks all the tree-sweets off the tree and little longnecks eat them. He lies to all the other dinosaurs when he says that he saw the little longnecks eat the tree-sweets and he didn't have anything to do with it ( :( ).

I think the plot ruins the film. I like the little longnecks and I also like Tria, a friend of Cera's dad who appears in the film as well.

So, if you were expecting something like the original LBTs, then I don't recommend this. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Great movie

Author: ross robinson from england
4 March 2005

Now I have seen all 11 the land before time movies and i still don't get bored or tired of them, they just keep coming in and i think that now they are the worlds animated movie series to hold the most movies than any other animated movie, I thought that an American tail would get far with more animated movies, so far there are only 4 an American tail movies, i want more because i love the movies, but i still prefer the land before time movies, ever since the day i was born, They have started since 1988.

THE LAND BEFORE TIME: 1988 THE LAND BEFORE TIME II: The great valley adventure: 1994 THE LAND BEFORE TIME III: The time of the great giving: 1995 THE LAND BEFORE TIME IV: Journey through the mists: 1996 THE LAND BEFORE TIME V: The mysterious island: 1997 THE LAND BEFORE TIME VI: The secret of saurus rock: 1998 THE LAND BEFORE TIME VII: The stone of cold fire: 2000 THE LAND BEFORE TIME VIII: The big freeze: 2001 THE LAND BEFORE TIME IX: Journey through the mists: 2002 THE LAND BEFORE TIME X: The great longneck migration: 2003 THE LAND BEFORE TIME XI: Invasion of the tinysauruses: 2004

It has been rumoured that THE LAND BEFORE TIME 12 to be titled as:

THE LAND BEFORE TIME XII: The day of the flyers.

I give the land before time xi 10 out of 10

What a Ride

Author: baseballfan49509 from United States
22 October 2006

There may not be a more memorable character in American cinema than Littlefoot. Movie after movie, he and his friends never fail to disappoint me. I've watched them grow up before my eyes; Littlefoot has been with me through it all, my first kiss (I wish), my 11th birthday, everything. This is the eleventh film in this series and for me, it never gets old. Littlefoot and his friends brought me in to their world eight years ago and I have never left. This film showed me something about myself; upon the conclusion, I found myself utterly weeping, weeping for all the dinosaurs who didn't make it. Littlefoot, if you're reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking me along for the ride. It's been fun.

A Bit Childish

Author: shadow_cabbit from United States
22 April 2006

Seems to me as time goes on the plots in these movies seem to be geared towards a younger and younger audience. The first six actually had better plots and were more entertaining for older children. I still enjoy them even after ten years of watching them over and over.

You would think the characters would mature as time goes on. Instead it seems they grow more and more immature with each movie. Cera becomes a brat in this one, as she has gradually regressed to (sadly) about midway through the series. And she was a good character too. She does bring up an interesting point which my sister pointed out back in number six: Littlefoot is very small for his age, especially being a long-neck. But she goes about it in the stupidest way. And the way they squabble over the tree sweets is a bit silly too and just downright childish. All around the plot was a good one, but the dialogue seemed to be geared towards small kids and identifying with them. I don't really like that they keep making the characters seem so childish and yet again they messed up the voice acting with a sucky new voice for Littlefoot. That's about all the qualms I have with this movie. Best suited for the younger kiddies.

On a positive note, it does bring up a good lesson about the consequences of lying and the affects a significant other can have for a single parent/single child family. Cera reacts much as I would expect any child to when faced with the possibility of another person receiving attention once directed to them. And I do think it is hilarious the way Cera's father attempts to hide a possible love interest from his daughter. Another comical point in the movie is when Cera's father finds the Sweet Tree in ruins and screams, and listening to Littlefoot's Grandpa's reaction to it. The songs are really cheesy in this one but one song I really like in this movie is the one about Dads. To me every girl in the world can identify with that song because, hey, Dads CAN be a pain!

The introduction of the Tiny Longnecks is a far shot to some, but to me it's an entirely realistic possibility. I mean, we focus on the big guys in the dinosaur world all the time, and there is evidence of smaller ones. There are possibly many more species yet to be discovered, so it could indeed be possible there were longnecks the size of kittens. I thought they were adorable and were a good addition to the cast.

This is getting silly

Author: Jude Austin (judasfm@writing.com)
13 April 2006

Alright. To be honest, I think all the sequels are let down by the idea of musical numbers; it turns what was originally an animated film for slightly older children into a Disneyfied trip of cavity-inducing irritation. This one has the worst musical numbers in the whole series (some of the others admittedly weren't bad).

My biggest problem with this film was lack of plausibility. Granted that's quite a strange thing to accuse this kind of film of this late in the series, as any paleontologist would tell you, along with everyone jumping down various throats and saying, "Yes, but it's a kids film so accuracy doesn't really matter." Fair enough. I'm not disputing that.

However, the original film and its sequels up to this point were...well, at least believable within the Land Before Time universe. The idea of Littlefoot and pals raising a baby sharptooth or journeying to find a magic flower or having to deal with bullies are fine.

But minuscule longnecks...no! That really does push the boundaries to breaking point! If it had been little creatures, then this could have kept up the passable trend with the other sequels, but just what was the point in these creatures? A fair idea that was let down by a lousy concept. The reason I'm giving it three stars instead of one was that this film does deal well with a fairly sensitive issue; namely that of a single parent finding someone else and how it can affect both children and adults.

Though I could quite happily have lived the rest of my life without finding out that Cera's dad was named Topsy...