IMDb > McBride: Murder Past Midnight (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

McBride: Murder Past Midnight (TV) More at IMDbPro »

pleasant with an interesting cast

Author: blanche-2 from United States
25 February 2005

This Hallmark movie, although it got quite a bit of structure from the "Perry Mason" TV movies, was slow but pleasant, with several plot turns that could be seen coming from a foot away. What it had going for it was its cast, including John LaRoquette, William McNamara, and a totally unrecognizable Daryl Anderson, aka "The Animal" from the old Lou Grant Show. Newcomer singer/actress Jamie Ray Newman (formerly of General Hospital) had a nice role, and long-time character actor Rod McCarron made an appearance. Nicest of all, two women of a certain age, Marta Dubois and Diane Robin, get to flirt shamelessly with LaRoquette. Dubois is a regular in this series and a love interest of McBride's - good to see an age-matched couple. There was some heart, too, as evidenced when McBride inherits Jessie, a client's dog. All in all, it's refreshing to see that these old-fashioned, purely entertaining types of mysteries with recognizable casts have a home on Hallmark. I look forward to another installment.

McBride

Author: sdecrast from United States
15 April 2005

What a wonderful show and Matt Lutz is a great actor. I am anxious to see another series of McBride. We need more of this Matt Lutz!!! Great job, great suspense, great actors.......what more can you ask for???? John Laroquette is really perfect for his role. We need more shows like the old Perry Mason, Barnaby Jones etc. I do believe Matt Lutz had some other roles in movies I have seen recently. I would love to see this series come to prime-time TV, UPN or something other than Hallmark Channel as it is not always available. Keep up the great work, in producing this type of movie or series. Again, Matt Lutz is going to go places.