IMDb > Cold Showers (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Douches froides

Cold Showers More at IMDbPro »Douches froides (original title)

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Small things

Author: Armand from Romania
20 January 2012

Love, friendship, family crisis, judo, ambitions of a young man, desolation, competition and ambiguous end. A French movie about small things of existence , mirror and lesson, without great ambition and little result. Interesting but not memorable, nice but not new,part of a very long series about teenagers, sport or lost relationships.The good part is role of an interesting cinema tradition. All ingredients are at perfect place. The circle of public is large and the end is good occasion to give your solution. Crumbs of nudity or social problems are only special gifts. Bitter solitude of character - seed for memories of love song and new beginning. In fact- nothing special. Only speech. About old small things.

maybe, nice

Author: Kirpianuscus from Romania
30 November 2016

not original. far to be impressive. a correct image of the frustrations of a teenagers and his universe. about love and sport, competition and conflict with parents, love and sexual interest, desires, confusion, angry, joy. a bitter blend of emotions and gestures who are far to be original and who seems be, after the final credits, almost a demonstration of improvisation. because the end is confuse and entire tension goes to nowhere. because the old French recipes of the exploration of emotions as basis of complex characters falls in this case. it remains one of many European films about teenagers. dramatic, seductive in few parts, amusing and nice. and, maybe, only problem remains the lost of direction in the middle of story who impose to reduce at classic clichés a promising theme.

lame excuse for a movie to see teenagers having a threesome

Author: de_xeet from The Netherlands
8 February 2006

It's been a long time since I have been in the art-house theater and I went to see Douches Froides because it has gotten such great reviews in the papers.

The thing is with this movie, is that it has no head or tail, but merely a section in time about the life of the three main characters.

When it started I already knew that it was gonna be a long sit down, but sometimes things can get better, in this case not. There is no real character development or interconnection between the players. You start in the middle of a situation, all of the sudden there's a girlfriend and then there's a guy with whom he needs to be friends with in order to fulfill his sports ambitions, but the way they are put together is quite odd, since they are "just put together", so it seems.

And all of the sudden they have sex with each other, at least one you can see of. The feeling of guilt or jealousy with the other guy is hardly noticeable and really all I could think of during the movie was "when are they gonna have sex again?". And when you think of it, it's quite insane really. Because it basically means there is nothing really worth looking at, but three teens going at it and that, for me at least, makes it a very crappy movie, stay clear from it and save your money (my €7,50 is wasted), there are better art-house movies than this one.

I give three stars for the acting performance, one each.

I hate the cutting room table!

Author: rbbcopper from United States
23 December 2006

I would have gave this movie a 10 without a doubt. However,I hate the cutting room table! I'm sure if this movie was shown without being chopped up it would have been perfect! Don't get me wrong, I like this movie very much. What I hated was the fact I did know how Mickael went from hitting his girlfriend in the face to crying because she didn't want him sexually in store dressing room? I mean what happened from one point to the other? Is it on the cutting room floor? I would like to see this movie without the over cutting. Or see a remake of it with American actors.

Over all the movie is well acted. You can feel the strong friendship between Mickael and Clement. As a matter of fact I'm surprised that the two did not make love with each other without the girl from the way they play together. If anyone ever had, or have a best friend and a lover. And you and the best friend shared your lover; you can fill in the blanks that is missing from this movie. If you never did such a thing you most likely will feel that the situation is unreal.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]