IMDb > Red Eye (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Red Eye

Red Eye More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 67: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

The best thriller movie of Wes Craven!!!

Author: Skirmantas Petraitis from United Kingdom
5 August 2006

Wes Craven has been created a most successful killer-thriller movies of all time. After watching he's movies, you will find your new fears. People don't know, which Wes Craven's thriller movie is the best, because they all different.

In this movie, Lisa is terrorize by fellow-traveler. He coercible her to kill and if she don't do this, Jack will kill her father. Lisa is in the huge mess, because whatever she choose, she will kill.

Acting was unreal. Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy acted unbelievable good. The emotions was in right choose. Idea and script of this movie is great too...

Sometimes it reminds a "Scream", but he definitely better, than both "Screams" sequels together.

And what can I say - this is the best killer-thriller movie in 21's century yet...

Movie Schitzo's Review of "Red Eye"

Author: moviemonster92 from United States
29 July 2006

Rachel McAdams. Cillian Murphy. Wes Craven. The Dream Team. This is one of the best thrillers of 2005. A great plot. A great twist. A great eye candy. This is one of Wes Craven's greatest movies apart from "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street". This could be the best. The plot is one of the best things about the movie and it is very simple. Lisa Reisert (McAdams) a struggling hotel manager, boards a late Red Eye back to LA. Little does she know that she has been followed by Jackson Ripner AKA Jack the Ripper (Murphy). They have a couple of drinks and end up sitting together on the plane. Later he reveals to her that he is an assassin who was sent to kill the Secreteary of Homeland Security who is staying in Lisa's hotel. And what does this have to with Lisa. Well, she would have to move his room to the top suite so they can bomb him, if she doesn't Ripner will murder her father (Brian Cox). The twist and bringing of the story really gives it the extra zing and the side characters and the side jokes really add to it. Overall, definitely one of the best thrillers of 2005. Definitely worth the see.

3 1/2 out of 4 stars

How to escape a bad "seat assignment"

Author: Tim Shaw (teejayniles2345) from USA
15 July 2006

I enjoyed this Wes Craven film on DVD and the accompanying "Making of" Featurettes. It is deliberately "take your brain out" to enjoy the thrills and action sequences but the hero makes amends for the forced help she had to give the "manager"/terrorist. It did distract me a bit that the only Texas people seem to be the maligned "Dr. Phil" (now a longtime syndicated talk show psychologist) and the "reality-TV" celebrity of the second order -Cody of Survivor DOWN UNDER season - is given a thankless part and does that part quite unremarkably. Much better is Rachel McAdams and the villainous Cillian Murphy provides some heart-stopping delivered lines and stunts/action sequences himself. It is amusing to see how the airline "seat assignment" is a kind of hellish torture that in these post-9/11/2001 days would seem to be less inescapable as the screenplay implied. As far as my limited experiences on domestic flights, people overhear and eavesdrop a lot more than anyone does, according to the film's internal logic and "etiquette". Single women should always travel in pairs according to the film since "as a team" they can defeat the worst al Qaeda can throw at young Americans (wishful thinking). I rate it an 8 * feature.

You never get tired of watching this movie.

Author: Christie Cassidy from United States
14 July 2006

This movie is amazing. I have seen it at least 5 times and I still haven't gotten tired of it. I even bought it! Seriously, the acting is amazing, plot outstanding. Wes Craven is at his best in a movie that is just not about blood and gore but about a deeper concept.

It is action packed and full of suspense the whole time so if you haven't seen it yet...what are you waiting for?

The chemistry between Murphy and Adams is perfect. You never see what is coming first time you see this movie. It is a surprising action packed drama with many twists and turns that kept my eyes glued to the screen the entire time.

Totally fun movie from the beginning until the end

Author: Argemaluco from Argentina
25 June 2006

Wes Craven is one of my favorite directors.He made classic and superb films like Nightmare on Elm Street and The Hills Have Eyes(1977).But the last great movie directed by Craven had been the first part of Scream.Then he made a lot of false moves:Scream 2,Music of the Heart,Scream 3 and the atrocious Cursed.But he had a great return with the totally fun thriller Red Eye,that made me back to trust on this great director.Red eye is a great thriller with great action scenes at the almost ending of the film.Almost the entire movie it is two persons on a plane and it never bores.Cillian Murphy is great as the bad guy of the movie.Red eye is a very fun movie I recommend.

If Cillian's eyes don't get you, I don't know what will.

Author: katie-joy from United States
22 June 2006

Red Eye, starring Hollywood's young yet beautiful actress, Rachel McAdams. This thriller isn't as bad as it seems. I actually just saw it the other day and thought it was rather brilliant. McAdams brings the life into a girl named Lisa, who is taking the 'Red Eye' flight, which ties into the title. Lisa meets an uncomfortable man, named Jackson on the flight to Miami, in which threatens to harm somebody in her family, if she doesn't make a phone call. Lisa tries to tell anybody, unnoticiablely, that this man is not a nice man. From writing it in a fellow flight attender's book, to writing it with soap on a mirror in the restroom. She is obviously desperate NOT to do the deed she was forced to. In sake of her beloved family members life, Lisa can only choose to make the dreaded phone call. But you don't know what you have waiting for you, until you see it for yourself.

Very GOOD!!!!!!

Author: Green_Acres from United States
21 June 2006

This movie was awesome even better than the Scream movies (which i loved).This movie had me on the edge of my seat and guessing what would happen .This is not your everyday kind of thriller with a killer stalking people and killing them for whatever reason, and that is why I loved this movie so much.This film was also very exciting.It is about a young woman who meets this guy before boarding a plane.They laugh and flirt a little and then meet each other in the same plane,and they realize that they have to sis next to each other, yet the woman doesn't know that the man is there to try and force her to help him plot assassination to a rich businessman,who she has contact with.This movie is edge of your seat excitement and very entertaining and clever,with thrills throughout.That is the reason this movie is a pure fresh film,and also because Rachel Mcadams and Clian Murphy act wonderfully.

Great Airplane Thriller

Author: moviewizguy from United States
20 June 2006

Lisa is a woman going on the flight, Red Eye, to visit her dad who is divorced to his wife. She meets a nice man, Jack, before going on the flight. They somehow sit next to each other in the flight. Next thing, Jack told Lisa that he is an Assassinator. She doesn't believe him at first but soon finds out he has something to do with her father. He tells her if she doesn't change the suite of a man he has to kill, he'll call his friend, who is outside Lisa's dad house, and tell him to kill the dad. She is forced to follow Jack's plan.

This film is a great thriller. McAdams' and Mruphy's performances are above average. There are some funny scenes here and there. A good thing about this movie is that she finds out ways to ask for help without Jack knowing. But Jack soon finds out and Lisa's plan is destroyed. The way that she asks for help could be done in REAL life instead of in the movie. The end kinda goes over the top over realism but it's a movie.

This is also a really short movie that can be seen so many times that you won't get tired of it. The film starts off to be a romantic comedy but soon turns into a thriller. It ends with the big finale when Jack chases Lisa out of the plane. Almost 75% of the film took place on the plane, which the previews are always on the plane. Flightplan is another airplane thriller that is really good. Wes Craven captures the really terrifying moments in the movie. This is his first thriller he has ever directed and it's a good movie.

This movie will keep you to the edge-of-your-seats. This is a thrilling movie. Just sit back and enjoy the movie as it is.

A hotel manager taken hostage on a plane.

Author: dadyslilray from United States
17 June 2006

At first I was unsure about the movie, because Wes Craven had finally stepped out of his ordinary, but as I watched the film I discovered how well directed it was. Craven did an excellent job on this movie. It is suspenseful but Cillian Murphy pulled it off quite nicely. By the end of the movie I was ready to steal it and never return it to Blochbusters. Red Eye hooked me after the first time I watched it, I replayed it at least three times that day. I just couldn't get enough! The setting of the movie was also very creative, almost like a close to home-it can happen to you kind of thing. I believe that Red Eye was one of the greatest movies filmed in 2005. It is now my personal all time favorite movie.

good movie, terribly unrealistic

Author: jvuno1 from United States
15 June 2006

The movie wasn't really as bad as my rating states, but i cannot get over the fact that the whole situation could have been avoided by

1. Ripping out the phone cord and yelling that the man next to her threatened to kill her father and he can't be allowed to make a phone call. 2. Calling the police, telling them to pick up the guy chiling in the silver car, then tell her dad to leave the house via the back door. 3. Call the hotel and evacuate everyone.

There we go, i just did what it took Rachel McAdams a 80 minutes to do in roughly 40 seconds.

That aside, there was definite tension and the plot was original, but the fact that no one noticed some of the things going on was a bit weird too. The ending was very thrilling, and it was a great element to switch from the suspenseful, psychological thriller of the plane to a "killer in the house" ending, which i enjoyed. Like i said, the only thing keeping this movie back is the absurdity of the main device of the plot, but at least it was original.