IMDb > "This Is Modern Art" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"This Is Modern Art" More at IMDbPro »

modern art explained!!!

Author: pw_14 from Romania
7 July 2008

I am a genius -> part 1; Shock horror -> part 2; Lovely lovely -> part 3; Nothing matters -> part 4; Hollow laughter -> part 5; The shock of the now -> part 6. - Mathew Collings did a wonderful "job", and i couldn't help myself from watching all 6 pieces in one day. It felt like an interesting, witty afternoon conversation. As the title goes, it is about modern art, made in a very educational, school like way, with a twist(hope i can use this line), and Mr. Collins is my favorite teacher. This comment isn't very helpful, i know! but if look to know more, or understand better or just find out about cool musicians (yes! it does have an awesome soundtrack!) go for it!

Modern Art made understandable

Author: paradisetrader from London, UK
2 July 2006

Are Modern artists just a bunch of lazy, self serving con merchants ? Or are they genuinely trying to make us see the world around us in new ways ? If you are perplexed, baffled and offended by the outrageousness of modern art then this is for you. This program is for ordinary people who would like to understand what all the fuss is about.

Matthew Collings fresh, straight-talking review will pull away the many veils before your eyes and will just as happily say how modern art fails in it's aims as well as hits it's target. While challenging, Matthew's easy style will be totally understandable.

This short series of documentary programmes, along with his book of the same title are highly recommended. I want to watch it again myself !