Pearl Diver (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violent content|
Sex & Nudity
- Nothing graphic, sensual or implied. One character often wears tight-fighting tops and occasionally displays cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- The aftermath of a murder is graphically displayed over the course of multiple flashback sequences. A child gets badly maimed by a piece of farm equipment. Though the scene cuts away before the injury occurs, you see the aftermath with lots of blood on the head, table and floor.
- One s-word, a couple "hells" and "damns". The word "God" is used casually and with disregard.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- On a couple of occasions drinking alcohol occurs, though it doesn't figure prominently in the story and nobody is shown drunk. One character speaks of acquiring some bad habits in New York City and also drinks alcohol. One rather distasteful character is shown with a cigarette in his mouth. Nobody uses or discusses illegal drug use.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several flashback sequences are intense and build out part of the story over time. One of them is a chase scene in the dead of night. Another is the murder of a woman. At another point, a character shatters a plate in the midst of a crisis. There is a 10-minute span of time while you wonder if a child will live or die because of a severe injury.