IMDb > Daniel the Wizard (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Daniel der Zauberer

Daniel the Wizard More at IMDbPro »Daniel der Zauberer (original title)

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Worst movie i've ever seen

Author: sebastian DREYER (terunzius) from munich, germany
21 December 2004

A week ago i watched Daniel der Zauberer. I wanted to give it a chance after all the bad reviews it had received. This foolish idea ended up being just a waste of my precious time.THe plot reads as follows: A boy who became famous through a TV show has problems with people who don't like his music. The main character is played by daniel kueblboeck, the new star from Germans pop idol (so Kueblboeck actually plays himself). After all I'm proud i made it through the movie. To be honest i only watched it till the end to write about it. The movie itself is so bad it almost hurts physically. So this is a warning : DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!! DO NOT GIVE IT A CHANCE!( unless you are either a masochist or a küblböck fan). Don't say i didn't want you. This movie should receive a 0 Voting instead of an awful.

German singer Daniel Küblböck plays himself in a dramatic bad art-movie

Author: Florian Rohrweck from Austria
1 March 2005

This is probably the worst movie ever.

Daniel Küblböck shouldn't act. Never. Even it's the end of the world as we know it. Never, never, never.

Some people give this movie 10 points, because they feel compassion for him, but if you are objective, this is the WORST MOVIE EVER MADE.

I know girls like him because of... uhmmm I don't know, but fact is, he isn't an actor, he isn't a real singer. He only passed in the casting show, because he's funny, not because of his "talent".

This kind of art-movie is responsible for 90% of eye cancer victims and mental deceases. DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE (except you are drunk or drugged)

Worst movie I've ever seen ?

Author: Philstor from Germany
11 January 2005

YES, beyond any doubt, this is indeed the worst movie I've ever seen. Even the cheapest action flicks cannot come close to this outrageous offense to the eye. This movie not only is an insult to any person who regards himself even a bit intelligent. No, this movie is one of the reasons you seriously start to doubt, that freedom of thought is a good idea. The acting is nothing more than a bad joke. You might get offended if you watch this movie with even the slightest expectations. I will restrain myself from speaking about the actors themselves because I don't want to use foul language. So please, don't abandon your pride. If you don't vote with a 1 please don't vote at all. This movie has truly deserved nothing better by a sane person.

God, how awful

Author: werrybold from bonn, Germany
5 September 2004

Daniel der Zauberer is probably the worst ... "movie", I've ever seen. And I've seen many, many movies. It's cruel. Save your money or throw it in a trash can, but don't spend any money for that ... "movie". It seems to me, the director didn't find enough real actors for his ..."movie", so he fills the cast with his family and family of Daniel Küblböck. And for all the happy folks out there, who don't have any idea who on earth this Daniel Küblböck is... He's some an former candidate of the German "Pop Idol", who's lack of talent is only matched by his airs and graces.

Don't say, I didn't warn you.

don't even think about it...

Author: secacr from Germany
31 May 2005

What shall I say, seeing the trailer was bad enough, knowing who the lead actor is makes my brain go to standby... Unless you want to get really upset about such a waste of time and resources, which this sorry excuse for a movie is, give the money for the video or whatever to charity. The acting is wooden, the voice of Daniel makes you want to rip your ears of, basically everything about this flick is so unbelievably bad (even the posters, which you can still find in catalogs) are real bad and I cannot imagine who would want to buy them.

All thumbs down.

This is the worst film in the history of mankind yet. All filmmakers will be hard pressed to top (or bottom, in this case) this one.

I lost 80 minutes of my life.

Author: greendark2000 from Germany
25 November 2005

First of all... don't watch this movie without knowing that you are going to have a good movie which will heal your wounds after watching this movie! A 5.5 stars rated film of any genre should do. 6.5 stars might even make your evening if compared with this movie. When I heard of Daniel Der Zauberer being in the bottom Top 100 I decided that it is my duty as an anti-Daniel-fan to watch this movie. By the way, I've seen 'Plan 9 from out of Space' too but for a different reason. This movie was the most horrible experience in my whole life. I almost bit my hand off while listening to the totally senseless dialogue's and the lethal singing of this halfbreed. He can't be from this planet!

The worst scene is Dannyboy sitting there reading his own fan-mail to his entire family and giving comment on every letter written by young girls and old ladies...how can you dare? Then after this first torture he goes jogging and sings the whole time.

I'm very sorry that he managed not to be shot in the neck by his kidnappers. That would be a reason to watch this movie again. I agree with my German friends that this movie is the biggest waste of time and resources. All thumbs down!!!

Only goody: You come to see all his crashes and humiliations from the days in the Jungle Camp!!!

Greetz, Felix

The worst film ever made

Author: dennis12-1 from Germany
2 March 2006

Obviously Ulli Lommel, the creator and director of "Daniel der Zauberer" had some urgent bills to pay back in 2004..

Just a few facts about this movie: - the visual quality is miserable, the whole thing is filmed using a cheap DV camcorder, just like an average holiday movie produced by a nearsighted, shaky retiree .. The kind of stuff nobody would like to watch on the big screen..

- the "actors" are acting .. very bad! Think about the worst performance you have ever seen - and than imagine all the bad actors being drunk, insane, spastic and disabled in many other ways.. Than multiply the resulting "badness" with the number of sand grains laying in the sahara desert and you've got an idea of what "Daniel der Zauberer" is like! The only reason why this movie has left the very justified last place of this Movie Database is because the voting was falsified by organized hordes of "Daniel Fans", it really IS the worst movie ever made..

You are lucky if you never even heard of this film!

Author: macbeet from Germany
17 August 2004

If you get to see this film, you have already made one of your greatest mistakes in your life - I can not remember seeing a worse film - I can not even imagine it. This film WILL be No. 1 at the worst-ever list, once it gets enough votes. When I saw it I had problems to understand the film acoustically because of all the people hooting at the screen.

SOME SPOILERS:

The story is about Daniel K., a German celebrity discovered in a casting show, who deals with the problem that most people do not like his music. A group of goths is trying to kill him - so far for the good part - but he manages to charm them with his magic!

The film is made with a hand camera without any apparent reason, and it does not seem to fit. The acting is actually pathetic, and it was probably not a good idea to include Daniel's family in he cast. The story not worth mentioning and in most scenes the characters act as unlikely as possible. And the singing is awful...

This one is really bad

Author: ChristophAndre from Germany
28 August 2006

In few words: This movie simply sucks. To be frank it's probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

There are huge problems with the concept of the story. Some might argue about the (non existing) abilities of Daniel Kübelbock as an actor. However you could imagine a story with Daniel Kübelbock playing himself in a self ironic way and some kind of trash factor supporting the rest of the story. Now Daniel Kübelblock is actually playing himself and the whole story is trash (if you would look at it from that point of view, actually more points could be given), however the film -I actually searched on several pages on the Internet to confirm this, cause I didn't believe it after I first watched the movie- wants to give its viewers a serious message and is determined to be considered as art. I would call this movie "Entartete Kunst" if the Nazis hadn't already used this term for their evil purposes. Still doing it in spite of this is quite tempting.

Most of the other actors are better than Kübelbock, still they are far below average to say it in a friendly way. Quite amusing are the sociolects (in particular indicating uneducated and unemployed people) and jargons (representing a high consume of the German mass media culture) several actors are using. There are several slips of the tongue as well in some quite simple sentences. It really adds a lot to the already great trash feeling this movie provides.

This is one bad "Musicians who can't act" movie!

Author: Seth Nelson from (Near) D/FW Airport, Texas, USA
10 March 2006

Urrgh!!!!! Now, I know I love the movies with musicians as stars, and that many people disagree with me about this, but this movie, "Daniel - Der Zauberer," is one notable exception! This movie is not good; it's bad, bad, bad!!!!! I mean, we have the German pop idol, Daniel Kubelock (or something like that), a Michael Jackson wannabe, and we have a bunch of assassins trying to kill him! Plus, the whole movie is like watching "behind the scenes" footage! What kind of musical movie is that????? Oh, well. Guess I'll be watching bad musicals like "From Justin to Kelly" and good musicals like "Grease" for the rest of my life! Where's the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" team when we need them?

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]