IMDb > "Silversun" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Silversun" More at IMDbPro »

Not bad, actually

Author: Brad Nicholls (Blood_Washed_Mongoose) from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
21 September 2004

This is on in the middle of the day, and when I first saw it on, I naturally groaned in preparation. Australian-made TV teenage sci-fi's are generally awful, but this one is surprisingly addictive.

The story arcs they're doing are clever in their conception (in particular the one with the clone, C2), and while the actual fleshing out of the plots aren't always amazingly original, they're still refreshingly well done. What gets you in is the fact that the writers actually treat their script with a bit of respect and make it so that those who actually decide to watch it every day are rewarded with a continuing story arc that very engaging.

Keep up the good work!

Old concept but I still watch it

Author: miss_niss from Australia
6 October 2004

When I first saw this show I immediately thought what a rip off it was of the old ABC show "Escape from Jupiter". Set in the future, on a spaceship far from earth and everyone wearing those special suits. And I still think it is.

Nonetheless I find myself running to watch it every day. And enjoying it. It's one of those shows I can enjoy on a very shallow level and I'm ashamed that it keeps hooking me in. But hey it's pretty good for a kid's show, better than that stupid "wicked science" show (Jonathon would have been better off sticking "Pirate Islands" now there was a good show!). Basically this show has everything it needs to be interesting, a far out concept, tolerable special effects, and most importantly, some eye candy, in the form of teenage guys. In this case I like the scientist guy, I think his name is Sheng. Weird names. But anyway I'll probably keep watching, I'm on holidays until exams.

Another Truly Imaginative Aussie Show

Author: glittering_rainbow from Australia
12 November 2005

Silversun, is one of those really creative imaginative children's show's that grabs the imagination of all ages.I'm 23 and came across the show by chance, and instantly loved it.It is a show that i definitely would have watched growing up, with it's colour, humour, lovable character's, and great cast.In response to the last reviewer, I agree that it's "unrealistic", but hey most show's are! it's pure escapism, a show that can be watched by all ages.For children it creates Imagination, creativity and fantasy, for adults, it's reminiscent of the show's we grew up and loved (aka lost in space) so don't knock a really good piece of Aussie creativity, support it! my only complaint would be that the cast are not big enough, a few more adult characters would be great, i give it 8.5/10 good on ya ABC!!

Totally Addictive

Author: crazychick101 from Newcastle, Australia
12 October 2004

Yes I know it is supposed to be a kids show, but I cannot resist sitting down every day to watch this show. It is so good that when I know I am going to miss it, I tape it. The story line is corny yet extremely exhilarating, with you sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for what is going to happen next.

But I must admit, I am a girl, and young girls have a thing for cute guys. And I can guarantee that anyone that watches this will not be disappointed with the scenery. My 13 year old sister also finds the guys cute.

Can't wait till they get us back to date with what they played previously.

Not bad for an Aussie show.

Author: kingjim from Brisbane, QLD, Australia
17 November 2004

Seeing how this show continues on with each episode, technically it makes it a soapie. They were showing 2 half hour episodes Monday to Friday mornings on channel seven, now they are showing one half hour episodes every weekday on the ABC at 5pm. The special effects are "okay". Remember this is a low budget TV show which is not designed for prime time. The special effects are still enjoyable in my opinion. This show is okay if you like science-fiction. I reckon this show is as good as the other Aussie sci-fi shows "Wicked Science" and "Spellbinder". The producers should try to advertise Silversun more. I've got a hunch that not many people are even aware of this show.