IMDb > Death Tunnel (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Death Tunnel

Death Tunnel More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Good but not that good..!

Author: smiley-32 from Luton, England
4 June 2006

The first time I saw this flick.. I slept through it! The second time I watched it all.. but it left with a kind of bad taste in mouth.. and I was scratching my head with utter confusion..!

The good thing about the film was yes! Where the filmmakers were filming.. It was haunted for real..! OK! So this Waverly Hills Sanitarium place is for real.. But what really lacks about the film was the script. I couldn't get into the film.

If the script was written a lot more better.. I would've thought the film would be more better.. But what we've got saving this film was the female cast. (I don't know any of them..!)

Anyway, to sum this one up.. I saw the featurette. It looked interesting.. But the film itself needed more suspense and other stuff.

I know the filmmakers went through a grueling time shooting this movie.. but in they did it. They've experienced what they've seen at the Sanitarium. But all-in-all, this movie didn't live up to its expectations!

Sorry to the director! It's a lowly 2 out of 10!

Ain't all bad

Author: evilwavey from United Kingdom
18 March 2006

Death Tunnel was a pleasant surprise after reading some reviews, yes it basically is a generic story, with generic teens and generic horror in a MTV music video style, but...

...I was captivated by the quality of the editing, it was pretty chaotic at points and you struggled to see what was happening, but it's those moments you see in follow up viewings and tie in with the plot you know already. If a film reveals all in one showing then it becomes quickly disposable.

The use of light and shadow was it's biggest tool, a lot of energy went into it's use to evoke atmosphere and emotional content, and did it well. There was a lot of post production and it showed attention to detail fused with a passion. The composition of most shots was well thought out, each frame a photo which tells a story in it own right.

It ain't going down in cinema history as a milestone, but it is a visual treat.

Author: wololo1500 from Chile
22 February 2006

Predictable movie. It tries to be "interesting" in the way to show the story, but it's very confusing. Also the movie distorts the real story of the Hospital, the sickness wasn't what they say.

The girls are the typical in the horror movies, the black woman, the unknown, the playboy, the good friend and the blonde girl. And obviusly, the good man who can save their lifes. It uses a lot the images to make a chilling atmosphere, but It doesn't work.

Horrible, one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The best: it's funny to see how you can predict all the deaths. The worst: everything.

worst movie ever

Author: toregon from United States
4 October 2009

This movie was the worst movie I've ever seen. I couldn't even watch it to the end.

The story is that 5 dumb girls are put into a haunted sanitorium as a prank but then there are also these 5 ghosts and something happens. It's impossible to tell what happened because the whole movie was composed of 5 minute scenes that are all mixed up.

It also seems that they picked random people to play the main characters because the acting was horrible. All the lines were made up of high pitched screaming that makes your ears bleed, and your typical scary movie dumb blonde clichés. Not to mention that the characters do have the intelligence of a 3 year old. Every character will say to themselves "where am I", then they will call out to someone, see a ghost, ignore it at first, something jumps out of the shadows, and finally the girls scream for 10 minutes and run around.

This movie has it all! Bad editing, bad lighting (everything has a stupid tint to it), bad acting, bad script, nonexistent plot, and a large amount of breathing and shouting.

Do not see this movie, do not rent this movie, do not make eye contact with this movie. I cannot stress this enough. This movie gets a 1 out of 10 for FAILURE.

impossible to like this

Author: ealgumby from United States
22 March 2009

Update: 5 years later, I still HATE this movie ...

I know it's dated and the Simpsons stopped mattering a long time ago but, Worst ... Movie ... Ever! Seriously, I have logged in here, like twice, maybe 3 times ever, and 2 of those were to expound on how much this movie will rot your brain. Ugh, it is truly that awful ... 5 years later, and the scars have not healed. WORST MOVIE EVER.

Flashback: 1983, my college roommate and I wander off to a midnight movie showing of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." This movie is already old hat as 'so horribly bad, it's good' among those who know, but neither of us have seen it. We shift and squirm in our seats, waiting for the moment that could possibly make this pathetic pile of sh!t worth sitting through ... and then it comes. Wow. High concept to the extreme; a feature length film with one punch line, the giant tomato wearing ear muffs, wow. You know what though? AOTKT has THAT over this steaming pile of cr@p! There is NO high concept here, not even one freaking almost-saving-grace punch line ... nada. It is just painful and stupid and mind-numbing and aarrggh, it makes me shudder to think about it - mommy?

I would rather have a fire hydrant pounded up my behind than be forced to sit through this movie again. Yes, FIVE YEARS later and I still feel that strongly about how terrible this film is! The people responsible should be beyond ashamed. I am dead serious.

Anyone who says they like this movie is lying ... and possibly getting paid off by the production staff. BTW, who the hell is bankrolling these idiots? How the hell did they manage to get funding for another film after this "makes me want to blow my brains out rather than watch another minute" pile of crap? Not just for another film, but several more? Simply boggles the mind ... they must have a rich uncle willing to waste his fortune funding these buffoons.

Just watched this on SciFi channel this morning ... if I hadn't been so hung-over I might have found the energy to change the channel, but figured it just had to get better ... WRONG! I have never commented here before, but simply felt compelled to after suffering through that viewing ... you want to be afraid, then watch this, but not "afraid" for the reason you'd want. Seriously, I am left trembling with anger and resentment for having watched this, and will probably be emotionally scarred for life after being subjected to this brainless/pointless ... no, that's being too fair, that implies lack of positive value, but does not reinforce just how painfully negative an experience this is ... OMG, this film will make you scared that humanity is capable of producing something so horrible. Last time I felt this way was after visiting the Holocaust Museum in DC ... really, I'm not joking at all ... this movie is disturbing in a "how can anyone who produced this be allowed to live?" kind of way, it is that dehumanizing. Even for the Sci Fi channel, with its notoriously bad low-budget films, this reached an all-time rock-bottom low!

Just in case you're missing my point ... I don't mean "horrible" in a "too much violence/sex/gore" kind of way, cause I'm sure many people out there might find that an enjoyable challenge ... NO, I mean "horrible" in a "this is nothing but a continuous nonsensical stream of cliché movie clips acted by people who could not make the cast of the local repertory production of Cats" kind of way. If you have a brain, you will be confused by the lack of sense behind this movie to such an extent it'll make your nose bleed ... this is not "intelligent" bending of sensibility either, ala Surrealist art ... this ain't no "Andalusian Dog" ... just a dog ... of the flea-bitten, rabid, junkyard variety. It could ALMOST be funny if presented with just a glimmer of self-aware parody, yet clearly the producers/director take this seriously, and that's the final infuriating nail pounded between the eyes! Damn, these guys must've really done some serious drugs to have impaired their sense of reality to the point that they think this has any merit ... it does not. By that I mean it does not have ANY merit ... zero ... there is nothing positive about this movie ... at all.

If anyone out there really did like this, then there must be something very wrong with you.

I think the U.N would have to object if Gitmo prisoners were forced to watch this ... that whole "no torture" thing, you know.

Compared to this, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "Plan Nine from Outer Space" are high art ... really, it is THAT bad.

My remote broke.

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
10 September 2008

I was flipping through the channels one night and I was really tired when I stopped to take a laugh at this movie. I was going to turn it when my remote broke. I kept pushing and pushing and the thing must have needed new batteries. Since I was so tired I was forced to watch this horrible pile of cookie cutter trash. There are these girls and they are so typical of horror movie girls. Then they are tortured and have things over their heads. They get all gooey too and the acting is really bad. What does anyone expect from this channel? All of these movies are exactly the same and some are funny but most are just dreadful. It's just my luck that my remote broke just right at this channel. It's a same old teen slasher movie and it's on Sci Fi so it's got to be good, right?

cool setting, awful film

Author: shyroque
25 May 2008

seriously, don't watch it. the acting is almost 100% terrible, the Kentucky accents are nearly incomprehensible, there's zip for characterization. the flashbacks come so fast and furiously that you don't know where you ARE in the movie's timeline until about halfway through. the one character who has the potential of being creepy, the doctor guy, isn't used with any worthwhile effect at all. the naturally scary setting is marred by the placement of bizarre, incongruous props (random severed body parts and bones everywhere are NOT scary). the worst part is that they don't even use the hospital to any advantage. I was expecting to at least see a nice abandoned Silent Hill-like setting that I could enjoy if the movie itself were bad. instead, they show the same parts of the hospital over and over again, usually poorly lit or in staticky, Saw-like videoscreens and quick-cuts.

instead of watching this, see the documentary, "Spooked: The Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium." at least that way you'll get to see the hospital properly. (although the ghost stories are trumped up and often ridiculous. only in Kentucky do ghosts throw drywall at you.)

It had its good points. But it was mostly bad.

Author: Straph from Singapore
19 December 2007

I sat down one night, determined to watch a horror film, and I picked out Death Tunnel amongst many, many others.

It looked promising; a genuinely creepy setting and a creepy plot. The movie started out well. And then it slowly began a downward spiral.

Many others has commented about how confusing it was. I agree, although I did manage to piece the bits together before the end of the film.

The actors and actresses were good looking, and the graphics looked great. They had a good cameraman. However, I noticed the overuse of clichéd effects and traditional scream scares.

It failed to scare me.

The characters in the movie were really unrealistic, especially the blonde, bi***y one (I forgot her name). She was the most annoying. Even when the fact was established that it was not a game anymore, she was more worried about getting the attention of the boy than staying alive. At then, I was, what the heck? I was actually happy when she got electrocuted a few seconds later. And even then, I still prayed and prayed that a big twist will come and the movie will end up good. But nothing came. It's funny how the teenage kids think that they cannot outrun a freaky (He was the only character in the movie that was actually even slightly creepy) gas mask guy pushing a trolley who cannot even walk properly. The boy didn't even look scared when his grandfather's ghost was talking right in front of him.

Overall, it had potential, but it was ruined utterly by a bad script, two dimensional characters, and overused effects. 2/10, because it had a nice atmosphere. I want that 90 minutes of my life back.

Waste of time

Author: Peter Bonser ( from United Kingdom
21 October 2007

Death Tunnel had an amazing write-up on the back of the DVD, but it was amazingly disappointing.

There was no set-up at the beginning, the story jumped about so much that it was hard to follow the story, and the film overall seemed to have very little point to it.

There wasn't any goriness to speak of, and the bit of bloodshed which was in the film was far too "subtle".

Some of the film appeared to be trying to copy the feel of the "Saw" films, with little effect.There was no mood, the camera work was tedious and the characters weren't likable (although they were quite attractive.)

In all, rubbish. I wasted 97 minutes of my life watching this.

have to check out this place

Author: kai ringler from United States
25 August 2007

i kinda really enjoyed this movie once it got going, trouble is it took a little while to get going but once it did , i was satisfied, i thought it was better than average, probably because it was based on a true story, although i felt they could have done it a little differently, the idea of teen and 20 something girls running around half naked and getting killed was good. the real place is supposed to be located somewhere near louisville, kentucky, which i went through earlier this year. anyways, i think that the flashbacks were very good here, it is a little campy in some ways but hey what can you expect, one thing that i did like was the death mask, and the tunnel at the end of the movie, i would watch it again though.