IMDb > Your Heart in My Head (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Your Heart in My Head More at IMDbPro »Dein Herz in meinem Hirn (original title)

pretty sick

Author: paultjiam from Netherlands
5 February 2006

When people think of German cinema, they think of Lola Rennt, Das experiment, the Edukators, etc. Intens movies with heavy music, fast montage and young actors. Dein Herz in meinem Hirn is totally different. Only two actors are in this movie: two male adults who, besides their own role as depressive males with sick ideas also play the mother of one of the lead character, the ex-wife and a female friend of the mother. The movie is shot in TV-documentary-style. That makes the whole movie looks quite realistic. The story is based on a real event, which was widely spread in the European media two years ago. A man asked another man to kill and eat him. And that's what also happened in this movie. Some scenes are disgusting, but the first part of the movie shows the audience two pity full men. Two men who are desperately lonely and longing for attention and compassion. They don't have a job, a wife or friends. The ultimate cry for attention and to give their life a meaning is to be eaten by the other. So that the two are always together and are brave enough to face the world. If you are a non-vegetarian and not in a depressed mood, you should watch this movie. It is interesting, not entertaining. I've warned you.

Spoilers

Author: Candice Robertson from Canada
7 August 2006

****SPOILERS*****

All right I have read the other comments for this movie and I do think you are being a little biased about this movie. I believe people should be able to do what they want with their lovers and have a good out view on whatever they do. As in this movies case about Cannibalism and the sacrifice this man gave for his lover's fantasy and his own lust.

I don't think that it was all lust that they experienced well at first it was the lust to have the fantasy fulfilled. But it seems the main character Martin Molitor was feeling regret after the penis dinner. When he had brought him up into the bath to bleed out he started to feel regret you could see it in the way he huddled against the wall. I believe it was the regret of killing Martin Ontrop that had made him cry not fear. They had gotten along so nicely and he realized that now he was gone never to hear his voice or his gentle touches or playful antics. He had lost the one man that understood him that was his lover and friend. He sacrificed the only one to love and understand him to fulfill a fantasy and now he was left with nothing but the proteins in his body.

I give this a 10/10 for its fear factor, romance, psychos, and excellent music to run the moods through. I think that it should have been released internationally and not just in Germany but perhaps most Canadians can not handle this type of deals yet. They kept the Armin Meiwes case out of Canada and now they are keeping out the movies to follow. I think international news should be international and include Canada. And for this movie should be viewed in Canada and the America.

If you have any comments my e-mail is… farfels@hotmail.com I would love some other views on this movie so please bring them on.

Low Budget Art-house Gore with a Little Class

Author: wells303 from New York NY
3 June 2006

This is a cinematic rendition the relationship between two men which ultimately resulted in the murder and cannibalism of one by the other, supposedly voluntarily by the victim. The story made sensational news in December 2002 when the cannibal was arrested.

The names of the characters and the town of the actual occurrence have been changed.

As mentioned before the movie is made with an ensemble duo cast who play not only the two main protagonists but also several other minor characters in the drama.

There is plenty of outlandish gore for those who aim to see the movie for this reason, however also there is a serious attempt to plumb the depths of the psychological background between the two men and their aberrant fantasy life which lead to the ultimate act.

Not to be confused as documentaric

Author: v_zanthia from Sweden
19 April 2006

Actually, the 'plot outline' above should really be changed, this film is only loosely based on the case of Brandes and Meiwes. So loosely that Rosa von Praunheim did not need Meiwes permission to make the film. It is made to look somewhat like a documentary, but it isn't one. The relationship described in it is a lot longer and more uncertain than it seems it was in the real case, and the different layers Rosa puts into it is probably a lot more interesting. It's scarily original and realistic to the effect that you never know what to expect, or quite whose viewpoint you're seeing things from. It keeps you thinking. And it has its gore, but only briefly, because it's not the central subject. Rosa likes to believe that people don't become cannibals randomly, just for the fun of it, but wants to explore what creates such a psyche. I would like to agree with him.