IMDb > Transformers (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transformers

Transformers More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 176: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Number 1 in my top 10 ( though I haven't seen Iron Man yet)

Author: Michael Ruiz from United States
27 May 2008

Okay, so I haven't seen any other Bay movie yet, so my vote might not count as much. But after this movie, I'll see all of his. This movie is easily the best movie I have seen in my life, although I haven't seen Iron Man yet. Just the beginning got me hooked, and I wasn't paying attention. The movie's beginning runs like this:

We start out with an intro from our friend Optimus Prime. He lays out how they got there. Then, we are introduced to Captain Lennox, a military man who just had a baby girl. As night falls, a strange helicopter lands in the military base. Then...

Okay, so I won't spill too much on the plot, but these are some of my thoughts on the movie.

Shia LeBouf is a very good actor. He will grow up to be a great actor.

The subplots were slid into the main plot perfectly. Well done.

Megatron has just the right amount of evil, and has one heck of a voice.

Lastly, having Jazz die was a great idea. Again, well done.

One thing I didn't like was how Optimus Prime acted so wise.

All in all, a superb movie. A recommend anyone over 11 to see it

Again With The Love

Author: moviecyborg from United States
17 July 2010

I can't fit all the pros on this review so i'll tell you that this movie is awesome due to great visuals, great acting, and great sound. The cgi looks real and I can't think of a movie with better visuals than this one. The sound is perfect and the acting is mediocre. Now for cons: too much drama and too much attention is put on the love story...especially a movie based on a story about war! One example that bothered me was Sam and Makala holding hands and talking in the middle of crossfire! They are trying to stay alive and not die. What was Michal Bay thinking? That is so unreal. Love in the middle of a battle when Brawl is bombarding soldiers. Wow! Anyway these cons shouldn't stop you from watching it. So remember I am giving it a nine out of ten.

Explosively good!

Author: Sameh Hameedi from Karachi, Pakistan
5 June 2010

I must admit I had never seen the actual series growing up and didn't really want to watch the movie, thinking it to be childish...

But it was far from it! The story flows effortlessly from start to finish, never dragging at any point. The action sequences are nothing short of epic, and the final battle is stunning. The effects are much better that I expected and actually are extremely good. Though the acting is okay, but it really doesn't matter. It is as good as the story requires and Shia LaBeouf's energetic, quirky and amusing style helps. Though Megan Fox's only purpose is to show herself, I'm not complaining.

Transformers is an action packed, thrill ride. It defines what the term blockbuster is. It doesn't really have any flaws, and so if you haven't seen it, which I highly doubt, you should. And do prepare to be blown away...

a BREATH-TAKING movie

Author: lovestarvedwriter from United States
30 July 2007

The graphics are AMAZING. Even having NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER with the transformer comics, I still loved and found it a cinch to understand. The actual actors weren't all that impressive, but the movie is not called, the ACTORS right. Shia LaBeouf is subtly great, because he acts like most of us would in the that situation. It is the typical good verses evil, self sacrifice, the fate of the world is in your hands plot. But it still detaches itself from all the movies we've already seen (e.g. War of Worlds, Lord of the Rings)

The transformers, the alien machines, seem the most human characters in the movie. Each has their own personality. And it is so easy to fall in love with them. (Spoiler: yes, the black robot dies at the end) A cutesy love story is weaved throughout, as expected.

Amazing. Go see it!

Get ready to transform your self !!

Author: ALLY HIRA from CANADA
5 December 2010

First when i saw the teaser of this movie... i found out to be usual sci-fiction movie. Saw the movie in 2008. was feeling too bored so thought let try to watch transformers. The result thrilled, enjoyed watching it. The movie has a got a strong plot along with screenplay. The previous Michael Bay movie i saw as The Island. Liked it thou..but Transformers has a strong impact on me. The Charactisation of the movie is perfect.. all the characters play the roles brilliantly.

Autobots.. the good robots shared a good presence on screen... my personal fav are bumble bee, optimus & ironhide.. & looks perfect when they transforms.. iron hide looks strong as his name makes you feel it. In short Autobots are the coolest robots ever hit the history of Hollywood cinema. Decepticons mmmm perfect for the role of evil mean robots... Megatron... the best with his henchmen Starscream.. loved this chase when Bonecrusher & Optimus prime fight on the highway. the second best the when one of the Decepticons transform in front of Sam..

Megan fox looks too hot & sexy. She shared the important role screen presence in the movie. The movie has got some humour & its upto the limit in the movie. The movie is gonna blow you away....

Its a highly recommended movie.... finally a good blockbuster of sci-fiction movie after terminator ! my rating 10/10

What a waste of great actors

Author: (alex-2273) from Frankfurt, Germany
16 December 2007

I like fantastic movies. I like funny movies. I love war movies.I like unrealistic movies. I even like stupid, tasteless crazy movies just for the fun of watching them.

But this...+5 points for funny dialogues and a great cast, +10 points for cutting edge breathtaking visual effects, -99 for the silliest plot ever. Mixing dying US soldiers in the desert with utter nonsense in terms of warfare, technology, command procedures, and most of all, respect and realism, without being ironic or attempting to carry any message is even an outrage (and I'm not even American). Hell, I loved the funny stereotypes of "True Lies", enjoyed the nonsense way of fighting in "starship troopers", I stood up and cheered when the president lead the F18 attack in the patriotic overkill of independence day, I fought with infantry (and cavalry) in "war of the worlds", I ducked ricochets in the streets of Mogadishu when our black hawk went down and even cried like a baby when gandalf arrived with the rohirrim at helm's clam. I love xmen, I adore nearly any marvel movie made.

Even for kids, this can never be a classic. Top Gun is a classic movie, and it's silly, unrealistic and even stupid. But we love it. TrAnsformers...will not be remembered by anyone in 5 years...why? It lacks any form of consistent atmosphere and treats the audience like toddlers.

But to be honest, for the cast, this is the best movie I've ever aborted after watching it for 30 painful minutes.

Why do people like this movie?

Author: Pr1ceisright from United States
27 November 2007

This movie was almost as bad as Spider-Man 3. What a disappointing summer for movies (besides Borne 3) While watching this movie i was confused, was it suppose to be an action film? Cause the action was difficult to follow when they were in the city. The "humor" was uncalled for when it was presented. The whole government agency was alright at first then they turned into a bunch of idiots that had t-shirts made. That what my high school sports team did. The love story was the worst i've seen since Star Wars episode 2, simply dreadful. The rest of the dialog was bad, the movie also featured horrible lines that just highlighted the lack of acting talent Michael bay picked.

The worst part was the blatant ads through out the movie, cars, cellphones, clothes, and drinks were thrown in your face the entire time. The shot would start out on the GM symbol then after 30 secs span out to see the cars only to focus of the Chevy symbol next. I would have walked out and gotten my money back but my friend drove me so i had no where to go....

...Michael Bay is making the sequel, both should be stopped from ever seeing the light of day

Transformers Review

Author: DVDMAN 9000 from United Kingdom
23 November 2007

I first heard about this movie last year when it was being filmed, it would be the big Hollywood action summer film of 2007. This made me very excited and I also enjoyed the original teaser trailer. Then I finally saw this film in some old cinema during a holiday, I entered the theatre with a expectation. So, what did I get? I got a trashy, painfully written, horribly directed piece of garbage.

So basically, all the familiar Robots from the old series are back, but that does not help this awful movie. First of all, it is directed by Michael Bay, Who couldn't have done an even worse job on this film. He hasn't brought anything original back to the screen and, instead, has decided to rely on extremely poor editing and CGI to give us the action scenes. This could be his worse movie to date.

Performances on this film are not good, but that is the least of this film's issues. I mostly blame the film's script which is worth 30 minutes of a short movie into a 2 hour film making it very stretched. But thats okay! Mr. Bay has relied on senseless editing to make this film out of control. As a result, I almost fell asleep at an action scene (something that I have never done before).

Unlike some decent action flicks, the storyline to this film is incredibly unintelligent, and left me unimpressed. If there is one positive thing I could say about this film, it is that it has some good CGI effects, but is that all? Now this film has been rated PG-13, however that doesn't stop my 9-year old cousin from watching it. Now personally, I have no problem with this, but when it came to a extensive scene with sexual humour, I was caught completely off guard. I see absolutely no reason why this is this is in the finished cut, and to have that type of joke in a film that is based upon a huge kid-friendly franchise, this is extremely inappropriate. However if there is a age level which would appreciate this the most, it would be teenagers. Now judging by the story's sub-plot, this is kind of a teen action film, rather than a sensible family film, so with that said, this movie fails yet again.

Now I thought that The Simpsons Movie would disappoint me and that this movie would blow me away, amazingly, it did the complete opposite. Now unless you praise the film with good CGI, I can see absolutely no reason why anyone could enjoy this film, otherwise you have been brainwashed by cheesy Hollywood tripe. After the longest 2 hours of my life, my buttocks were ruined, my ears were bleeding and I had witnessed a film that was just unbelievably bad. Just bad! This film succeeded to disappoint me in every way. All I can say is if this film was made a decade back, and with a different film crew, this movie would be good. But I'm sorry, but they left this movie last, all the good action movies have been made, and only a good director could bring the old magic to life again. Now I have run out of words to say, so I will give you a simple overall: This film is too fast, yet too slow.

Saw the movie and liked it but...

Author: ninjacatprincess from United States
21 July 2007

There are a few plot holes (which is okay for a mindless piece of fluff for the Summer...I know it's not supposed to be Shakespeare)! In addition, the transformers transformed so fast...I couldn't see what was happening. I could not get a clear picture of them. There were only a few times in the movie where you could see the features of the Transformers clearly.

It's my understanding there will be a part 2 and part 3. Hopefully, the Transformers will be a little clearer in the sequels (From what I understand there were budget issues so there were a few glimpses of the Transformers but not well-detailed shots throughout the movie).

Absolutely one of the best summer blockbusters ever!

Author: leslielintner from United States
7 July 2007

This movie does not disappoint! Bravo Michael Bay...another masterpiece. We waited a long time for a new Independence Day! I was sitting on the edge of my seat completely swept away by the spectacle and awe of the magical special effects.

This movie is appropriate for all age groups young and old. No sex and the violence is acceptable considering the save the world theme. If you liked Independence Day than definitely go an see this. It is even better! If you are a special effects junkie, you will want a Hasbro Transformer after seeking this movie!

I will see it again!