IMDb > Transformers (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transformers

Transformers More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 180: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Number 1 in my top 10 ( though I haven't seen Iron Man yet)

Author: Michael Ruiz from United States
27 May 2008

Okay, so I haven't seen any other Bay movie yet, so my vote might not count as much. But after this movie, I'll see all of his. This movie is easily the best movie I have seen in my life, although I haven't seen Iron Man yet. Just the beginning got me hooked, and I wasn't paying attention. The movie's beginning runs like this:

We start out with an intro from our friend Optimus Prime. He lays out how they got there. Then, we are introduced to Captain Lennox, a military man who just had a baby girl. As night falls, a strange helicopter lands in the military base. Then...

Okay, so I won't spill too much on the plot, but these are some of my thoughts on the movie.

Shia LeBouf is a very good actor. He will grow up to be a great actor.

The subplots were slid into the main plot perfectly. Well done.

Megatron has just the right amount of evil, and has one heck of a voice.

Lastly, having Jazz die was a great idea. Again, well done.

One thing I didn't like was how Optimus Prime acted so wise.

All in all, a superb movie. A recommend anyone over 11 to see it

Explosively good!

Author: Sameh Hameedi from Karachi, Pakistan
5 June 2010

I must admit I had never seen the actual series growing up and didn't really want to watch the movie, thinking it to be childish...

But it was far from it! The story flows effortlessly from start to finish, never dragging at any point. The action sequences are nothing short of epic, and the final battle is stunning. The effects are much better that I expected and actually are extremely good. Though the acting is okay, but it really doesn't matter. It is as good as the story requires and Shia LaBeouf's energetic, quirky and amusing style helps. Though Megan Fox's only purpose is to show herself, I'm not complaining.

Transformers is an action packed, thrill ride. It defines what the term blockbuster is. It doesn't really have any flaws, and so if you haven't seen it, which I highly doubt, you should. And do prepare to be blown away...

a BREATH-TAKING movie

Author: lovestarvedwriter from United States
30 July 2007

The graphics are AMAZING. Even having NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER with the transformer comics, I still loved and found it a cinch to understand. The actual actors weren't all that impressive, but the movie is not called, the ACTORS right. Shia LaBeouf is subtly great, because he acts like most of us would in the that situation. It is the typical good verses evil, self sacrifice, the fate of the world is in your hands plot. But it still detaches itself from all the movies we've already seen (e.g. War of Worlds, Lord of the Rings)

The transformers, the alien machines, seem the most human characters in the movie. Each has their own personality. And it is so easy to fall in love with them. (Spoiler: yes, the black robot dies at the end) A cutesy love story is weaved throughout, as expected.

Amazing. Go see it!

Robots in berserker blockbuster disguise.

Author: Spikeopath from United Kingdom
16 November 2010

Transformers is directed by Michael Bay and written by John Rogers, Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. Based on the Transformers toy line the plot sees Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky, a teenager who gets involved in a war between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, two factions of alien robots who can disguise themselves by transforming into everyday machinery. Also involved in the carnage are Megan Fox, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Peter Cullen, Hugo Weaving, John Voight & Mark Ryan.

With a production budget of around $150 million, Transformers went on to make almost $710 million worldwide. That is some hefty figures, almost as hefty as the mighty Transformer robots that dazzle and wreak mayhem up on the screen. The plot of course is bonkers, but is anyone seriously watching this expecting high end literacy? The out-shot ultimately is Good Robots Versus Bad Robots, with humans either in the way or aiding the Autobots to save mankind. There's been plenty written about the film, both good and bad. From the quite brilliant transforming sequences to the rather staid dialogue; to the wry observations on the world we now find ourselves in, Transformers has got plenty for the critics and film watchers to ponder. As popcorn summer blockbusters go, it's one of the most fun in recent times; and the box office figures tell you that it found a considerably large and appreciative audience. Great "brain checked at the door" entertainment it is, then. But crucially, it's not just for the kids to enjoy, it happens to be a fully rounded family treat. Go bots! 8/10

Absolutely one of the best summer blockbusters ever!

Author: leslielintner from United States
7 July 2007

This movie does not disappoint! Bravo Michael Bay...another masterpiece. We waited a long time for a new Independence Day! I was sitting on the edge of my seat completely swept away by the spectacle and awe of the magical special effects.

This movie is appropriate for all age groups young and old. No sex and the violence is acceptable considering the save the world theme. If you liked Independence Day than definitely go an see this. It is even better! If you are a special effects junkie, you will want a Hasbro Transformer after seeking this movie!

I will see it again!

Much more than meets the eye!!!

Author: nuwan_wel from Australia
14 January 2008

If you want Transformers then this movie delivers in spades.

The CGI, the story, the human characters and of course the robots.

If you're a fan of the original cartoon series then you will be a fan of the movie. Some elements from the original story have been changed but that in no way detracts from the movies excitement.

From the opening helicopter attack at the airforce base to the final battle in the city the action is unrelentless.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who has a love for good old fashioned rumbles. Even the transformation are spectacular. The highlight would have to be Optimus Primes transformation when he is squaring off against Megatron.

Shia Lebouf puts heart and soul into his role and makes it believable for the audience. Megan Fox is good eye candy but also had a good role. Anthony Anderson was a little wasted as far as comic relief. John Turturro does a far better job in that department.

Overall, I know that many people don't like Michael Bay and what he does with his movies but here, in this movie, his style of direction fits the bill to a tee! Bring on the sequel!

Good film for the average viewer, but fans shouldn't expect much.

Author: Michael M. from United States
3 August 2007

I came into the film from a background that involved viewing the wonderful seasons of Beast Wars and some of the original seasons shown on TV. The original animated movie I had seen before and liked it (enough to get it on DVD). So, from this, when I heard of a Transformers non-animated film, I was a bit excited. There is so much lore to work with in the Transformers universe (even if there wasn't 20 years ago) that it's an incredibly viable Sci-Fi world filled with excellent possibilities.

I saw it the day it came out, a while back, but enough time to digest what was truly offered. Instead of going to length in paragraph form, I'll just try to break it down right-quick.

Tantalizing:

-The visual effects are stunning. The CG is incredibly well done (this coming form a discerning eye) and I considered going to see it again just to gaze.

-Basic storyline. The initial premise of the story holds up, if not always done to perfection.

-Some good comedy. There are some bright spots (the cell-phone creature at the lab made me giggle), but most of it is drawn right from Nickelodeon TV shows it seems.

-A decent story and film without exceeding amounts of violence, swearing, or over-the-top sexual intonations (aside from our Heroinness).

-Built for the beginner Transformer fan.

-Action scenes were well done.

Terrible:

-All the humans. This was probably the most disappointing. As much as there needs to be a background story involved, the majority of the movie centers around the cliché romance story between the awkward High-school goof getting the girl. For the Sci-Fi fan like myself who's already vested in the series, I was hoping for the main characters to actually be the Transformers themselves, instead of them acting as side-characters. Some of them were just means to an ends it seems, and some (like Jazz) were so incredibly short lived that I stood in disbelief.

-Too much comedy. At least for my tastes. Granted, I am probably biased from the previous relationship with the series, but when they were pulling bland jokes near the very end I found myself more annoyed than chuckling. There's merit in introducing some to break the tension, but when it's happening every 5 minutes the Sci-Fi punch loses its power.

-The lore. Nothing was done with it. I can honestly say I felt like the Allspark premise has merit, but at the same time it was never developed into anything. It's there, they want it, and in the end it's gone. This is the thing that started their entire civilization, something that offers ultimate power, and we see all of 30 seconds of Cybertron with a brief explanation of the war. It just wasn't enough for me.

-The ending of Megatron was hollow. It was Prime's duel, and making the leader of the Decepticons (which was almost omitted, it seems) fall to such an cheesy tactic made me feel cheated.

I'm not saying it's a poor movie. It has comedy, some action, and fulfills its purpose: to bring the next generation into the franchise.

But for those like myself, who wanted more substance out of the film, I left the theatre feeling a bit empty. I was always waiting for the part where the humans disappear and the Transformers to finally take control of their own movie. I wanted to see fights in space, Cybertron, and I wanted to see depth added to the characters I've come to enjoy along with an engaging storyline for the reasons behind so many unanswered questions left by the movie. What I got was an action film centered around an episode of Even Stevens or Boy Meets World that featured the Transformers.

A good film for the younger kids in the audience, but I only hope that any sequel made will actually be about the Transformers, and not some class clown from the suburbs and his dream-date.

I Enjoyed this Movie So Much

Author: xtinao from United States
11 November 2008

Coming from a girls point of view, I fell in love with the movie Transformers. I could probably list on one hand the amount of actions movies I have seen in my life and the only one I can truly say I enjoyed was transformers. Director Michael Bay did such a wonderful job of making sure the audience felt like they were right there in the action in each of the scenes.

I am a huge fan of Shia LaBeouf's and felt like he did an outstanding job of bringing comedy to an action-based movie. Because I enjoyed the movie so much I have actually now started having an interest in the comics involving Transformers. I have to admit, I watch the movie almost once a month and will never stop enjoying it.

It had everything!

Author: 2g from Sweden
19 January 2008

I remember sitting on my couch as the Transformers trailer came on during the commercial break. At that time, I had nor expectations on the movie. Now I knew what Transformers was because a friend of mine told me to watch the cartoon series many years ago. I didn't like it and thereby I had no big expectations for this movie.. I hadn't even planned watching it, even though the same friend told me it was going to be good.

But then I watched it, and I was amazed! It simply had everything a movie should have. It had humor, action, and it was simply a movie you would not forget for a long time!

It has without doubt become one of my favorite movie titles!

Btw, hats off to the studio behind the animation, because I'm pretty sure that I wasn't alone being amazed of the details and great animation the Autobots had!

Disappointment.... not here!

Author: Graham Reed from United Kingdom
31 July 2007

Growing up watching the original cartoons and loving them more than almost anything else, I was really really REALLY hoping not to come out wanting to hit someone, like I did with that waste of time money and hype that was Thunderbirds.... GRRRRRRR... and I can gratefully say I wasn't.

Although there was a moment or two where I was very worried that I was... It does take a little while to get going... but once it does ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy!!!! This is a typical Bay film, lots of shaky cam work, which is a bit of a shame really (especially as I was stuck 3 rows from the front!), and some of the acting was a little duff (Mr Leboef was good though I have since decided!), but lets be fair that isn't the reason we went to see it, we went to see some kick ass transformers fighting to take us back to our childhood.... and we got it alright! Prime is awesome and looks great, updated for 2007 but still has the style of days gone by. In fact every one of the transformers is very well done in the same way (Megatron is not as good but still a solid character). And their interactions with each other, with the humans and their enemies is spot on. My advice would be to watch the original film just before you go and see this, or as much of the original series's as you can cram in! The only reason I can't give this 10 out of 10 is that the film, like SOOOOOO many other remakes for the 2000's, is the inclusion of kids again... Leboef was good I'll give him that, but still.... if they had 2hrs of transformers fighting with no storyline (and NO KIDS) I would watch every time! But still a brilliant film, came out bouncing like a 5 yr old and that is the sign of a good film in my books!!!