IMDb > 7 Seconds (2005) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
7 Seconds

7 Seconds (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

More Direct-To-Video Fun With Snipes.

Author: Comeuppance Reviews from United States Minor Outlying Islands
24 June 2005

"7 Seconds" was a goofy film. Of course it's full of clichés and stupid one-liners, but there's a lot of action and charm to spare. It's way better than "Unstoppable". Wesley Snipes plays Jack Tulliver, a thief who inadvertently steals an expensive Van Gogh painting. Now tons of gangsters are after him: dead or alive. Wesley Snipes was great as usual as the wise-cracking hero. The first car chase was a ton of fun and the action-packed climax was very cool. I'm surprised this went DTV. Wesley is too good for that fate. If he does another drama in the vein of "Disappearing Acts" and lay low on the action films, he can be on top again.

For more insanity, please visit: comeuppancereviews.com

Waste of your time

Author: jantomoertimoerman from Netherlands
28 June 2005

Awful movie, car chase sucks. Ty, have you seen "Ronin", now thát's a car chase. This movie has nothing to do with that. Cars are driving around doing 20 mph and you call that "a ton of fun"? This action-packed climax has over 20 Opel Calibra's chasing around Bukarest and every time Wesley hits a police car, I don't know, he gains extra credits or something. He hits a police car and voilá, out of nowhere he has his front bumper back again in pristine condition. Editing is even worse. The end is way to sudden, and so not believable. Dialogs are the worst. I have no words for that. Just don't bother. Waste of your time.

Sorry Wesley, I like you, but this is killing your career. STOP IT!!

Blade was a masterpiece compared to this

Author: Vlad_Bedazzled from Romania
19 August 2005

This is clearly the worst Wesley Snipes movie I have ever seen. And I have to say I was sorry that they didn't do better because it was shot in my country and I was looking forward to what they had done. It was also disappointing that in the car chase they took advantage of the fact that most people in this world don't know how Bucharest looks like and they had no continuity in the route they used. Every street or boulevard was in a different part of the city, even though the scene looked like the streets came one after another. The only thing I liked was that they used "Club Twice" (the club of one of the characters) in the movie, and that is one of my favorite clubs. If you're from Bucharest and you want to see how they used the place watch it. If you're not from Bucharest but still want to see how they used the place watch it. Otherwise don't waste you're time. P.S.: At least they didn't put vampires in the movie. It would have been to much, even for Romania.

7 seconds is all this film deserves in your time !!

Author: Mark Solanki from London, England
6 August 2005

On my, oh my, where has the promising career of Wesley Snipes gone, he mixed it up with Stallone in demolition man, played alongside Sean Connery in Rising Sun, even had his own comic book trilogy of movies, and now he's decided to muscle in on Seagal, Van Damme & Lungren territory - the straight to video market ! This film sucks in most departments, the only reason I gave it 3 stars is a few of the action scenes were decent and the ending was OK, in the sense it woke me from my comatose state that the rest of the movie put me in ! The script is so bad that actors have absolutely nothing to work with, for a 90 minute movie it drags unbelievably from one scene to the next. just when you think the storyline is going to pick up they start showing you flashbacks of scenes earlier in the movie which you've already scene a thousand times !!, Tamzin Outhwaite does OK with the little characterization she is given, apart from spitting out some cheesy cockney lines god knows where they picked up from and looking pretty she isn't asked to do much else. Wesley also does a credible job if you can call it that with this scrip, though I use the term credible lightly because he should have his head read for choosing this script ! the story line is so full of holes, and pointless narrative its a waste of time me even writing about it, as a snipes fan I watched this, and recently with the likes of Zig Zag, Undisputed and then Unstoppable coming from Wesley I was hoping for an upturn in quality, but yet again he failed me with this film, so poor I can't believe I wrote this much about it !!

Very bad

Author: ctomvelu from usa
16 July 2005

A sloppy, poor STV actioner with an aging Wesley Snipes as a disgraced Special Ops turned armored car robber. He ends up with more than he bargained for after his latest heist, a briefcase containing a $65 million Van Gogh painting that may or may not be real. But it is real enough to its owner, who wants it back at any cost. Filmed in Romania on the cheap with an "international" cast, the film looks good and has a terrific stunt car sequence at the beginning that really needed to be closer to the end, as nothing else that exciting happens anywhere else in the flick. Snipes is the only name actor. Badly edited, with lots of characters we don't really get to know or care for.

If your desperate for an action film, see this one.

Author: giddythief from New Zealand
8 July 2005

This film was really let down by bad direction. As well as all the inconsistencies; the car appearing less damaged the more it was hit, the pitiful attempt to add gunfire sound effects to Wesley's gun, etc. I thought also that the director was getting a little too experimental. After the first car chase the camera inverts for no reason i can guess at. Lots of cut-scenes toward the beginning of the film didn't really serve a purpose. When I see a film advertised with actors of Wesley Snipes calibre i expect good quality direction. The director of this film should leave his experimenting for film school, or at least for before the movie is filmed. Romania is a place I am interested in, a little different, maybe a bit exotic. The setting here never really developed. I didn't see anything in this film to suggest that it wasn't filmed in a studio, apart from a short clip of the city at night. If you want action and don't plan to be too sober, give it a go. If you want a film with soul, forget it. Nothing to get your teeth into here.

Skip this one....

Author: hortonsbks from United States
21 August 2005

I bought this on Pay-per-View thinking that if Wesley Snipes was in it, I'd probably like it. I was wrong. First of all, I'm glad I was at home, because some of the actors mumbled so badly I had to keep adjusting the volume. It took me half the movie to even understand who was who and what exactly the plot was. But, the worst were these super annoying flashbacks, as though even the director realized that we couldn't figure out what was going on without help. The ending is totally implausible. The sound stinks. The car chase in the second half looks just like the one in the first half. The English girl says, "Didn't we do this before?" I thought...exactly! In fact, the car goes from damaged to not damaged to damaged. I don't know why they bothered to film this in Bucharest unless it is super cheap to do so. They showed us almost nothing of the place. Might as well have filmed it on a back lot somewhere. In fact, better yet if they hadn't filmed it at all. What a mess!

Awful and Deceptive Screenplay

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
20 January 2006

The awful screenplay of "7 Seconds", which looks like a Steven Seagal movie, is so absurd and full of clichés, and has many huge holes, beginning with the selection of Wesley Snipes for the lead role. I have never been in Romania, but I believe that there are not much Afro-Americans living and circulating in Bucharest. Therefore, it would not be difficult to find Jack Tuliver in the middle of the locals. Another interesting point is the attraction of beautiful white women for his character, probably with the intention to show that Romanian and British women are not racist. In the bus station, he fights with two guys and there is no policeman in the area. There are lots of characters coming and going without any previous development or later appearance. The stupid character of the dyed Kelly Anders is ridiculous, as well as most of the dialogs along the story. The predictable plot point is very weak. Last but not the least, when an action movie does not have much story to show, usually there are lots of cars chase in the script, for the pride and joy of the stunts (there are exceptions, of course, like "Ronin", "The Blues Brothers", "The Transporter " and others). My vote is four.

Title (Brazil): "7 Segundos" ("7 Seconds")

very bad

Author: neilhughes1965 from United Kingdom
3 October 2005

i would like to comment about 7 seconds with Wesley Snipes .It is an extremely poor film with no storyline a cast who have serious trouble acting. They have obviously used Wesley Snipes to push the film .He looks bored in this film and has none of his usual spark .Tamzin Outhwaite should stick to telly work she is so wooden . THe two men who play the American soldiers are truly pathetic all in all this is a film that should never have been made .I only hope Wesleys next film is better than this.Do not bother to watch this film you will only be disappointed . The film has no proper storyline and a bunch of characters who are just there for no apparent reason

I'm surprised Wesley agreed to this.

Author: Simplyawesomek from United Kingdom
25 March 2006

Out of all the great films I've seen Wesley Snipes do, I decided to take a shot on Seven seconds and hope for the best. I shouldn't of bothered, I spent about 8 pounds sterling UK, so I guess I didn't do that badly, but lets get down to the review.

The storyline was weak, the acting quite poor and the action, lacking. When you compare 7 seconds to other great films Wesley has done, such as most notably " Blade " or " Passenger 57 ", my personal favourite " The Money Train " or " White men can't jump ", you have to wonder why he'd enter into doing something in which plot and ending was so weak.

The main part of the film, was based around am attempted crime gone wrong, something that all in all, made little to no real impact on the film. You'd expect the main storyline to be what grabs you and if that lacks, the action/acting to be at least half decent. This failed, the ending especially, weak, the usage of British Actors, if I don't say so myself was poor and if I were you, I'd stay away from this film, because if you don't and have any personal thoughts of appreciation of how great Wesley Snipes is and how he can make most films look amazing, this may just damper that.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]