Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero, Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge vs Kane vs Christian vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton vs... See full summary »
The Rated-R Superstar Edge attempts to do the unthinkable by becoming the first man to ever defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania. For the second year in a row, Undertaker is looking to ... See full summary »
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
World Heavyweight Title (Elimination Chamber match): Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Booker T. vs. Rob Van Dam, WWE Title: Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show, WWE Tag ... See full summary »
WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES - Kane and Big Show (c) vs Carlito and Chris Masters. MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Rob Vam Dam vs Finlay vs Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley.... See full summary »
Your opinion about this PPV will largely depend on your opinion about the Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H match, since it takes up almost a third (!) of the total running time. Seven matches are presented:
1) La Resistance vs. Edge and Chris Benoit (for the tag-team title). A regular tag-team match, Edge gets it most of the time, Benoit comes to his rescue...and then Kane enters the scene and attacks them both, interrupting the match. No ending, thus no rating.
2) Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Tomko (with Trish Stratus). Mediocre match with a lame finish: Tomko has the advantage, but he accidentally runs into Trish and Jericho knocks him out with a kick. **
3) Shelton Benjamin vs. Randy Orton (for the intercontinental title). A very long match, incorporating many different styles of combat (ground wrestling, acrobatic moves, even boxing). Some crucial interferences by Ric Flair (what a surprise!). **1/2
4) Trish Stratus vs. Gail Kim vs. Victoria vs. Lita (for the women's title). The "sudden death, fatal 4-way" concept doesn't work. Each woman gets only one or two opportunities to shine, and the action is hard-to-follow. Gail Kim, in particular, deserved better (by the way, they had a woman who looks AND wrestles like that and they let her go? What were they thinking?). **
5) Eugene vs. Jonathan Coachman. I expected this to be garbage, and I was right. A disgrace. 1/2
6) Chris Benoit vs. Kane (for the heavyweight title). I agree that THIS should have been the main event. Kane is awesome here; he's like a comic-book creation. The match is pretty slow, but the sheer physical power (Kane) and technique (Benoit) on display make it worth your while. ***
7) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. "Hell in a cell" match. This one is a matter of taste. If you like them bloody, brutal and exhausting, you'll have a field day. If not, you'll probably find it (after a while) boring and interminable (it goes on for almost 50 minutes!). **1/2
0 of 0 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?