IMDb > Portal: The Movie (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Portal: The Movie More at IMDbPro »

Hilarious

Author: allencurl-1 from United States
5 March 2006

I saw this short a few years ago at the San Antonio Film Fest. Most of the movies were not that great but this short, and a few other films, made the time I wasted watching the other garbage suddenly all seem meaningful. This movie is definitely not for those who do not enjoy some good crude humor (not any of the sexual nature, but more of the toilet nature). This movie is such a well though-out, clever movie. I think this is one of the best short films I have ever seen. If you have not seen this short, please try to get it. Even if you are not into the odd humor, it is so creative, and so original that one absolutely has to appreciate this film for that, at the very least.

Toilet Humor to a new level

Author: BigRed78 from Texas, United States
31 December 2004

With a little indigestion and a toilet, Bill Sebastian has created one of the funniest, oddest comedies around. On a dare, John swallows a couple of drops of devilish hot sauce only to open a portal to Hell the next day. All is well until he unleashes a demon from his toilet. The plumber can't help, and, despite the efforts of a drug-selling best friend and his local priest, nothing will make the demon return to his "home". The worst part is that John's girlfriend will be home soon. Won't she be angry if her bathroom is a doorway to Hades?! There are some great characters (Mooney especially) that must have resulted from on-the-set improvisation. If you like this you should check out the website for Intentional Films where you can sample other treats from the mind of Bill Sebastian. Funny, witty, and profane, _Portal_ allows us to see toilets as funny in a mature way.