IMDb > "Unfabulous" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Unfabulous"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Unfabulous" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Its cool

Author: vzdeadman from United States
13 June 2005

This show is pretty cool, Its just like Lizzie Mcguire without the whole preppy-blonde thing. Teenagers can really relate to this show because Addie Singer goes though pretty much the same stuff teenagers go through at school(teachers, parents..etc). Also, I watched this show before I knew the lead role was played by a girl related to Julia Roberts, so kplz people, chill.

All of the characters fit and the people who play them are really good at acting. I don't think you should watch it constantly and call it crap later, get a life kthnx.

This show has this new singing thing that I haven't seen on many teen-comedies. She can sing like a NORMAL teen, She's not supposed to be some rock-star. What they're trying to show is that she can sing out her feelings and be happy with herself, singing's one of the good things she has.

Unfabulous rocks my flip flops!

Author: Mick_molly from United States
28 May 2005

I saw the very first episode of Unfabulous, and I got hooked!!! It is way better than Lizzie McGuire ever hoped or dreamed to be! On a scale of one to ten, I would give it a nine. It's about a seventh grade girl who goes through life trying to fit in but learns life lessons along the way. She soon realizes that if she ignores the popular kids in school she will be much more happy and she will maybe someday become popular. She sings songs and hopes that someday she will become rich and famous for her clever, well-thought out songs. Her mom is a realistate saleswoman, her dad is a little obsessive, and her brother is perfect. I give this show five stars.

Great for girls

Author: user-316 from United Kingdom
22 January 2006

i love this TV show, well actually there are some episodes i don't like but they're few and far between. This show is based on a thirteen year old girl called Addie and her everyday life in middle school. She gets rid of her anger by writing songs and playing them on her guitar. This is also were she gets some of her great ideas. This show is aimed at only a few types of people. 1 girls 2 teens/pre-teens. Its a great show if you like this sort of thing. Other things you might like if you like this: Zoey 101 and Lizzie Mguire. I love both these shows, but again they are mainly for girls! I hope this review has helped and i hope you enjoy watching unfabulous!

Pathetic

Author: rosannamariastead from United Kingdom
26 June 2006

OMG! I am so surprised looking at so many of these reviews, this is a totally predictable show with absolutely no potential to be anything more that a kids TV show. Yes I am aware that it is just a TV kids show but what self-respecting actor ever made it big after a kids show? the plot lines are unrealistic and give young teenagers false hope that you will get the boy you want and everything will turn out OK at the end of it. And also, that girl may be related to Julia Roberts but it is obvious that the acting gene has not passed itself down to Miss Emma, and sorry to say it, but she can't sing a tune either. I'm giving it a 3/10 and the only reason it gets a 3 is because it seems to entertain some kids, however, it is poorly acted, not funny, badly written and over the top. Its totally pathetic!

okay.

Author: from Hong Kong
12 April 2005

I think Unfabulous is okay.It's certainly a good start for Emma Roberts' acting career.Her singing is somewhat annoying but I admit,I like her voice.Her friends are also great actors.The bad part about this show is it's unrealistic.It's not like people can just think of songs automatically in their heads although I'm not exactly a guitarist or a singer.Also most episodes can be predictable like when the principle was saying all the things Addie and her friends were looking forward to were canceled.When Gina asked about Spring Fling and the Ski Trip and the principle said the were all canceled right after was really predictable.Besides, it's not like the principle would cancel all their events just because of last year.There are also those girls Maris and Cranberry.I hate them so much!Seriously,they need to get their own lives and not spend it everyday on making one girl's life miserable.But each episode has a good moral at the end and a happy ending.My overall rating 6/10.

Great show!!

Author: scarfyblue from Ireland
31 July 2007

Im 17 years old and I love this show! Its probably one of the best shows on TV for young teens at the moment! The new series has just started on British TV and I cant wait to see more of it! The acting is good for the age of the cast and the plot is quite easy to relate to if you're a young teenage girl. It deals with the problems that girls have to experience- boys, school, friendship and family. It also contains all the necessary ingredients for a great show: A strong lead, 2 supporting best friends, 2 mean bullies, the hot older brother and crushes for the lead part. I prefer it to Zoey 101. The plot is a little more believable. Basically, Its a great show and well worth checking out!!!

Omg none of them can act!!!!!!!

Author: Death-Walk from Singapore
3 March 2006

The summary pretty much spells out some of my feelings on this show. None of them can act their way out of bags, they may as well have their scripts while filming (it may even be better...). Jeez, the show's rubbish...Addie practically stalks Jake Bahairi or whatever his name is. In this one episode, she loses her CD of 50 something songs about her love for Jake. It gets into Jake's CD player and she grabs it and breaks it!! Then Jake hand's the CD to her and says that it was very nice but he was seeing someone! Now when will that happen in real life? If someone did that to me, about the CD I wouldn't say something lie "ARGH! YOU BROKE MY CD PLAYER AND YOU'RE STALKING ME STAY AWAY YOU FREAK!" but I'd be really angry if someone yanked my CD player and smashed it.

I mean if the acting is alright but the story lines and authenticity of the show is so unbelievably terrible you just want to scream, or vice versa, I can't enjoy it.

I give it a 1 because there is no vote for a negative fifty million.

Great Great show

Author: nshine from United States
5 January 2008

you know, I actually really like this show.

This is what the show is about, a thirteen year old girl named Addie Singer starts middle school with only her two best friends, Zach and Geena. She has a mom, a dad, and an annoying older brother and a dog. she starts off the series by having a crush on Jake Behari, the ultimate popular, hot guy. She finds out soon though that Jake doesn't like her like that, so she decides to date Randy Klein, even though she doesn't like him. But Jake ends up liking her too in the third season. It's a pretty good show but I have a few issues with it. 1) Addie is so completely selfish, it's not even funny. In the third season, when Zach and Genna got together, she didn't even care! It was just all about her! And whenever somebody in her family is having a problem, she doesn't care, she only cares about her! It's completely annoying. 2) Addie is so clumsy and dramatic. It annoys me a lot. if you watch the show, she falls down a lot or does other embarrassing things. And when Jake told her that he loved her in the third season, she was all mad off at him! That's something else that annoys me about this show. Other than those two things, this is a great show for middle school girls who are trying to find themselves. I don't think older people will like it, but girls in middle school definitely will. I recommend it.

Why is everyone being so picky?

Author: Elisha
25 November 2006

Shows on Nick are made to have fun, not so they would really show you the life of teenagers in Middle School. For god sakes, don't pick on every little thing you see wrong with the show. It's about three friends and about their ups and downs at school. I'm not saying that I completely love the show, because some episodes weren't that good, but I'm not saying I don't like it either.

Again, Nick has shows that are just made for fun. Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Zoey 101, Unfabulous, & Drake and Josh are for those people who want to have fun watching a show about a imaginary place. If it showed really was middle school was like.. well then it'd be boring and uncreative.

cute, funny, good clothes

Author: proud_dancer_freek34
28 January 2007

Emma Roberts is actually a very good singer. She just sounds bad for the show.

Anyway, I like this show. It portrays a realistic view of middle school, but it is stretched just enough for Nickelodeon viewers to get some laughs out of it. The characters aren't "deep" of anything, but that's why it's good. Addie - the main character, has to go through the trials and tribulations of middle school. I am in middle school, and I really do thing this show portrays it in a realistic and funny way. Plus the clothes that Addie wears are very cute. I also like how the plot isn't confusing at all, and you get all the characters - the popular older brother you have to look up to, the cooler than you best friend, the cute popular guy, the, well, guyish guy best friend, and, of course the embarrassing parents. This show is much better than some other shows out there like Drake and Josh. The jokes in the show are cute, the episodes are easy to follow, and Addie is a talented, yet so unfabulous 13 year old girl.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]