IMDb > "Jake in Progress" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Jake in Progress" More at IMDbPro »

Nice and tasteful

Author: Pieter050 from Kenya
9 July 2006

Series one just aired in the Netherlands (june 2006) and to start of with a great plus: no canned laughter on this show -and I am very pleased about that! Well played and presented humor (I do find that the writing has similarities with Gilmore Girls) brought with a great pace.

John Stamos seems to enjoy playing Jake Phillips very much indeed. He's looking very good at 42 but I find his character a bit too much into women -and as he's not twenty anymore it's a bit over the top. The scenes have common, day-to-day subjects and are therefore believable.

Ian Gomez (Adrian) and Rick Hoffman (Patrick) play their characters very well indeed but the series would not be lost without them. Stamos is a strong enough actor on his own to make this sitcom work. Wendie Malick (Naomi) is nice as always and feeds Stamos' character. So after five episodes: a seven.

Pieter

Revamp worked

Author: KRican from United States
10 January 2006

They just brought the show back after a few month long hiatus. It seems like the producers surveyed the show and what was wrong with it and suddenly it is enjoyable and entertaining. Stamos has a great comedic timing, I just wish they would go for stronger comedy writing than relying on forced quick banter. Wendie Malick is great as usual. Ian Gomez is fun. I could live without Rick Hoffman as Patrick. The character is supposed to be annoying to Jake but lovable to us (?). He's not; He's just annoying.

At least this time around, Stamos appears in a tank top and barefoot (hot upper body and perfect feet!)often enough to make for eye candy worthy of watching!