Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) Poster

Greatest satire in film history
ccman24 February 2018
You're crazy if you don't love comedy movies or at least one of them but perhaps the most misunderstood sub section of comedy is satire. Satires are hard to execute, work and flow right, and bring to the big screen. Will Ferrell's acting and Adam McKay's directing just made the greatest satire movie ever. It fits the bill and hits the checklist in every category. It makes you laugh, the dialogue is extremely quotable, the scenes are memorable, and the stereotypes are just oh so perfect. NASCAR, which is arguably the most joked about sport in the world, was the perfect way to root a satire movie and this movie nailed it. Even a NASCAR fan myself, I couldn't stop laughing throughout most of the movie. You gotta watch it if you love funny stories or if you're a race fan.
This is AMAZING
austinripp30 October 2017
I love NASCAR, so ever since I found this movie in one of my dad's moving boxes, I've been watching it every year. You don't even have to know anything about NASCAR to watch. Hilarious and entertaining. Never gets old.

I I (--)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Awful movie making fun of people in the south and NASCAR fans
spiritpresent1 July 2017
Will Ferrell's worst movie he has ever made. Comedic timing is awful, almost as much as the plot as the movie. You keep hoping he dies throughout the movie, but are disappointed when he lives. All the movie is about them making fun of southern people and NASCAR fans. All it is basically is portraying southerners as unintelligent morons, and the vast majority of the jokes revolve around that.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I hope you both have sons.......
FlashCallahan5 April 2017
NASCAR stock car racer Ricky Bobby is a national hero because of his win at all costs approach.

He and his loyal racing partner Cal Naughton Jr, are a fearless duo, known as "Shake" and "Bake" by their fans for their ability to finish so many races in first and second positions, with Cal always in second place.

When flamboyant French Formula One driver Jean Girard challenges them for the supremacy of NASCAR, Ricky Bobby must face his own demons and fight Girard for the right to be known as racing's top driver......

Here's the thing about Will Ferrell, It seems that whenever he appears in a sports based comedy, they tend to be very poor, and not very funny at all. Kicking And Screaming, Semi-Pro, Blades Of Glory were really poor comedies, and appeared to be mocking the fans of the actual sport.

This is the best of a very bad bunch, but that's really faint praise, because again, it appears that McKay is doing nothing more than mocking the sports fans and the people who partake.

Ferrell is fine, basically playing the king fool in a ship of fools.

It's far too long, and although Cole is the best thing in the film, they really stretch out the training aspect of the film.

If you like your films with foul mouthed children, idle threats to vulnerable people, and choc full of xenophobia and homophobia, be my guest.

I think I laughed once, and that scene was in the trailer.
Talladega Nights
jfischer-2532717 May 2016
Jack Fischer

Talladega Nights Movie Review "If you ain't first you're last." (Ricky Bobby) Ricky Bobby, Will Ferrell,comedy genius to perfection" (Jamie Russell Rotten Tomatoes), becomes the best NASCAR driver, then loses everything when Jean Girard, Sacha Baron Cohen aka Ali G, steals the win from him, leading Ricky to not win for awhile. Then Ricky, makes a comeback when Ricky and Girard crash, leading to a running race to the finish line. In Talladega Nights, Adam McKay creates a comedy using a North Carolinian stereotype through Ricky Bobby. Two parts of the movie were similar to real life situations. First, the costumes were close copies to actual driver suits. The movie used real NASCAR suits that made it more realistic. Additionally, the cars were authentically represented as they had sponsors and logos on the side of the cars. According to Tom Neven, a movie critic, "there has never been any good NASCAR movies, but Will Ferrell ended that streak" (Tom Neven Plugged In) to depict a real life situation.While the director Adam McKay made a spoof of the racing world, NASCAR lovers still found it realistic and amusing. People who watch NASCAR were not offended with the movie. They thought it was a realistic movie about a driver that loves to win races. The special effects in Talladega Nights were not too impressive, however, the movie was not designed for that purpose. In the movie the special effects were fine that I could notice. In Talladega Nights the special effects were not the greatest in the eyes of a movie critic, but to an average person they were realistic, for example when Ricky Bobby thinks he on fire after he crashes. The special effects were not supposed to be Academy Award winning, but was just supposed to be a spoof of NASCAR. Talladega Nights was an appealing movie because the directors used authentic costumes and cars to make it believable. Additionally the special effects were not fantastic but convincing. I highly recommend this movie to people that enjoy comedy movies.
A hit-or-miss ballad
Mr-Fusion26 April 2016
"Talladega Nights" is ad-lib city - as the end credits gag reel will attest - but you can still see these actors running wild with their dialogue throughout the actual movie. I tend to think this is why, as Will Ferrell movies go, I don't take to it like I do "Anchorman" or "Step Brothers". Some of it works, some of it falls flat. To its credit, it functions pretty well as a NASCAR parody, and does infuse the drive-in-a-circle sport with energy.

That said, Gary Cole easily walks away with this movie - which that guy has a knack for doing, but it's still fun to watch. Then again, it is a full-length movie built on Will Ferrell's Dubya impression.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Hits a few bumps from time to time, but in the main it's pretty funny
jimbo-53-18651110 February 2016
Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) and Cal Naughton Junior (John C Reilly) are life long friends and teammates on the NASCAR circuit. They are both the best drivers on the circuit and regularly finish first and second - this is down to their Shake and Bake method that they employ in order to take out the lead racer. Cal selflessly allows Ricky to win every time meaning that Ricky is dubbed the hero and is the one that hogs the limelight. However, their reign at the top is threatened by the arrival of ace French driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen).

Adam McKay has dabbled in satire previously with the original Anchorman film and its more recent sequel. These films were mostly successful in this respect as well as being reasonably funny. For me, McKay has been less successful when he's dabbled in other genres - his buddy cop film The Other Guys was beyond awful. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is McKay's satirical look at the sport of speedway which thankfully does work fairly well...

For me, Will Ferrell is a frustrating actor as I find that he can either be really irritating or fairly amusing. His performance very much depends on the material that he's given and the director that he works with. McKay seemed to allow Ferrell to be more natural in both Anchorman and Talladega Nights resulting in Ferrell being allowed to be funny and sort of endearing rather than being outright annoying likes he's been in other films. Sacha Baron Cohen is also excellent here in what can be described as fairly comfortable territory for him - he's essentially playing another quirky character with a ridiculous accent and most importantly entertains the audience whilst doing it. Baron Cohen plays a gay character here, but actually manages to make his character funny without being nauseating or over-the top (like he was in Bruno). Leslie Bibb plays the stock clichéd empty-headed shallow trophy-wife in such an over-the-top way that she's actually quite fun to watch. McKay's characterisation here is spot on and what they lack in depth they do make up for by just being fun to watch.

McKay takes some risks here by casting a character that's gay and actually making fun of the character for being gay but I found many of the jokes to be relatively inoffensive and many jokes here lean to being more suggestive or being used by way of double-entendre (which are arguably smarter ways to gain laughs). Ricky's foul-mouthed kids do grate a bit from time to time, but McKay does address this issue when the kids met their grandmother and she gives them some much needed discipline.

The film does lose some momentum in the second half when things start to fall apart for Ricky and we see him trying to re-build some of the remnants of his shattered life and career, but thankfully there are still plenty of amusing scenes (his dad coaching him and his scenes as a pizza delivery guy were funny and still helped to keep things moving).

All in all, Talladega nights may not keep the laughs consistently coming and at close to two hours it is a little on the long side, but despite the generous running time the film still moved along relatively smoothly and I still found plenty to enjoy here.
Not funny.Remotely.
johnrgreen-1263123 November 2015
A jarringly unfunny film that shames all of the great Hollywood comedies.The acting,script,and everything else is terrible. A send-up of red-neck habits and a whole roster of unfathomable American cultural in-jokes that fails to amuse on any level.

Will Farrell is obviously an acquired taste and he and the film strain at being funny and it shows. The lines are delivered so clunkyly badly and with no pace that it is as though the actors aren't reacting to each other.All the French stuff is of course insulting and of course he's gay and has a husband.let's all laugh at the funny French man! Quite who it is aimed at I don't know but obviously not my age group(over 60).
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great movie
joefitz-1679719 November 2015
I remember seeing this movie when it came out in theaters. I chose this movie because it was a good movie. The main charter Ricky bobby played as Will Ferral is a good actor in general in my opinion in other movies he played in. I like this movie because of the plot of it was interesting. Ricky bobby was a pit crew member until one day he got into the car during a race and did great. He got noticed and started driving Nascar for a company and he was number one in the races. His friend Cal always helped him in the races and came in second or third and asked why cant he be first for once. He realized he was being used and his Ricky crashed one race and he lost everything. His sponsorship, house and his wife married Cal and he was living with his mother delivering pizzas. Then slowly he got his old pit crew back and they built a car. His competition came from France to race him which also made him lose his spot in racing. There were a lot of shots in the movie a during the races it was face paced but enjoyable to watch
Celebrate Those Nights.
Python Hyena11 August 2015
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006): Dir: Adam McKay / Cast: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Gary Cole, Sacha Baron Cohen, Leslie Bibb: Another superb comedy from director Adam McKay although not the masterpiece that Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is. Title regards Ricky Bobby's carefree existence through life. He was born in a car in fast motion and grew to dominate the race tracks until an accident costs him his reputation, his wife, his best friend, and his team. Director Adam McKay is smart enough to detail the screenplay and deliver an intriguing conclusion. Will Ferrell plays Ricky whose reckless racing parallels his life. He goes through a hilarious transition believing to be paralyzed then his father re-enters his life to assist him in the predicted outcome. John C. Reilly steals scenes as his naïve best friend who goes from second place to the new husband of Bobby's wife. The result of this is twisted but somewhat endearing. Leslie Bibb plays Ricky's wife who ends up playing the field too close to home. Gary Cole is superb as Ricky's irresponsible father who goes from failure to becoming a pivotal element in his comeback. His methods are hilariously dangerous but we know where it is headed. Sacha Baron Cohen counters a standard subplot as a rival driver by swaying our concluding expectations. Funny attack on the world of Nascar. Score: 8 / 10
Another Will Ferrell Film
Michael Radny28 July 2015
If you love Will you will like this film. Just Will back to his crazy over-the-top acting antics again. Pretty funny film, pretty new idea and a good concept. These films get spewed out every year and some to varying success, this one scrapes in as one of the good ones, but you can't help thinking it's the same thing being rehashed. Not a serious film, not a clever film but somewhere down the line it becomes entertaining enough to warrant a decent rating on my part.

Good decent film. Nothing special, watchability is strong but nothing you probably haven't seen before. Keep going with these films Will and people will keep turning up. Hopefully he doesn't slip as he has a couple of times before.
Great comedy
bbewnylorac23 February 2015
The excellent cast go all-out to be as silly as possible in this great Will Ferrell vehicle (excuse the pun). Ferrell plays his usual outrageously spoiled man-child (as in Anchorman) who is forced to grow up when his hi jinks catch up with him and he's cast out of his successful world. For me, though, the funniest character is the French racing star played by Sacha Baron-Cohen - a hysterical portrait of a pompous snob who reads Camus and sips coffee in his car while casually overtaking the Nascar field, and who freaks out everyone in the bigoted, good old boys racing scene with his gay lifestyle. But like Anchorman, there are so many great scenes, such as when Ricky Bobby's bimbo wife switches to his best friend (John C. Reilly) when Ricky is losing; any scenes Jane Lynch is in, as Ferrell's mother; or the way Ricky unashamedly advertises everything from cake mix to tampons. The movie is just full of steady, reliable laughs.
Excellent Parody
RbDeraj21 January 2015
This was an excellent parody of the world of NASCAR with their corporate sponsorships, endorsements, beer, and trophy wives. It also takes big blows at middle class Americans, homosexuals and has a heavy emphasis on The South. Though this is in the spirit of fun, the critiquing of beliefs is definitely shown, especially being completely irreverent and blasphemous towards religion specifically the Christian population of the United States. The acting was good for the most part, and I was especially expressed with the child actors in the film. The storyline seemed reminiscent of another Will Ferrell movie Elf, with his shaky mental state and "daddy issues." "With all due respect" it is somewhat cheesy, and some of the jokes get old like 'Shake and Bake' or are simply not funny like the scene with the long argument about crepes. It also seemed obvious even while watching all of the cutting in the film. This was definitely a negative, but overall the film was entertaining.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The fastest got paid and laid!!!!!
rajatdahiyax8 September 2014
When America's number one NASCAR speed-demon is issued a direct challenge from a gay, French Formula One racer with a hunger for the top spot and a mean talent for tight-cornering, the race is on to become the number one man in all of NASCAR in a full throttle comedy starring Will Ferrell and directed by Anchorman cohort Adam McKay. Ricky Bobby (Ferrell) is a national hero with a "smokin' hot" trophy wife, pair of borderline-abusively precocious sons, and an endless line of endorsement deals filling his mansion with toys and driveway with sports cars and Hummers. His racing partner and lifelong friend Cal Naughton, Jr. (John C. Reilly), never fails to provide him with a hand on the racetrack, frequently performing their trademark "slingshot" maneuver to shoot Ricky into first place, leaving Cal in second. While the public loves these buddies (popularly known by the meaningless childhood nicknames they find so exceedingly cool: "Shake and Bake"), a wedge comes between the two, as Ricky Bobby's longstanding winning-streak is broken by flamboyant French Formula One driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen), robbing Ricky of everything in an instant as the trauma leaves him unable to drive. Ricky's wife takes his fortunes while Cal takes his wife, and now he's back with his mother (Jane Lynch) and long-estranged father (Gary Cole). Things look bad for Ricky, but his father was once a race car driver himself, and now with the help of a training montage, a live cougar, and the courage to drive without his gleaming white Wonder Bread endorsement, Ricky might be ready to face the track again.
So wrong yet so right.
Kyle Cohen22 July 2014
I usually have a problem with an unlikable central character, but I just can't resist Ricky Bobby's ridiculously funny character! He is very fun to watch run around, especially when on fake fire. Now, when watching this film don't except any breathtaking stories. Because this story is a very bumpy ride. The first 20 minutes is all obvious exposition and some plot points are honesty too stupid for my taste. The "Shake and Bake" joke got old quickly and the ending is a little messy. (keeping this spoiler-free) They wanted to wrap everything up in a nice little bow but it just doesn't work in my opinion. Mistakes should have consequences and I despise when someone doesn't get what he deserved for his choices. However, the story does have some surprising strong points. Watching Ricky Bobby lose his racing touch was done very well and was interesting to watch. That surprised me. And despite my previously mentioned problems this is an extremely funny film. I haven't this hard in a film in a long time! Sasha Baron Cohen provides some awesomely ridiculous laughs as well. This isn't the ballad expected based off of the title, but this is fun ride with laughs all the way to the finish line.
Crazy outrageous insane characters
SnoopyStyle13 May 2014
Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) grew up wanting to go fast. His absentee dad returns one day at school. He leaves with parting words "If you ain't first, you're last." He grows up to be the best NASCAR driver around who either wins or crashes. He marries hot groupie Carley (Leslie Bibb). His best friend is Cal Naughton Jr. (John C. Reilly) who always helps Ricky but never gets any help in return. Their boss Larry Dennit Jr. (Greg Germann) inherited the team and hates Ricky. He hires new super gay French driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) from Formula 1 and he's really good. After a crash, he has a mental breakdown while Jean has taken over. Meanwhile he can't seem to get his speed back.

Everybody is a wild and crazy character. It needs a straight man for the team. It's completely insane. It's funny at first but the craziness does get tiresome. Without a straight man, this doesn't take a break or allow the audience to see the jokes reacted to. Even Ron Burgundy has Veronica Corningstone. There are some truly hilarious laughs like Ricky stabbing himself in the leg. I smiled for much of the movie. I just didn't have enough big gut busting laughs.
shake and bake
Kudos Tube17 March 2014
TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY by Kudos 1st a disclaimer: 99.9% of American comedy is not funny in my opinion, Simpson's, Sledgehammer and My Name is Earl are the only shows that spring to mind and cant think of a funny American film.

So I wasn't optimistic about this, add in I am not a Will Ferrell fan, I am surprised this made it into the DVD player But what a joy, proper belly laugh and clever humour from start to finish and by all the cast which is rare, some of the best laughs come from the minor roles, the team owners wife orgasm had me roaring. The material mocking some American ideals worked very well, the grace scene with the baby Jesus and the gay kiss must have a hit a few American nerves.

So as a comedy it suited my British sense of humour and if you are not a motorsport fan then don't worry the film stands on its comedy value alone.

IF you are a motorsport fan you are in for a treat, the access they must have got to NASCAR is unbelievable, the racing and crashes makes "Days of thunder" look like "Driving miss daisy" and some great in jokes about motorsport ie cutting to the ads during a crucial moment of the race. The last racing sequence was better than anything I saw in "Rush" Just thought of a funny American film "Airplane" and it is the same style of humour.

Don't turn off straight away, out take reel is worth a watch WWW.KUDOSFILMCLUBREVIEWS.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK
Horrible Movie
blueridgesafety13 March 2014
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby has to be one of the stupidest so-called comedies it has ever been my displeasure to watch. I don't like Will Farrell in the first place, but I like NASCAR even less, so when I saw that the film was supposedly a parody of NASCAR, I just had to watch. The trouble is, the movie is not funny; it is simply stupid. The scenes that the writers tried to make comical were not because those scenes reminded me of real people that I know who would actually try the scene in real life. No kidding, I know some NASCAR fanatics who would not only identify with the character Ricky Bobby, but would actually love to be him. Don't waste your time watching this sad, stupid movie.
The Best Comedy Film Of Will Ferrel Ever Made Till Date
M MALIK19 January 2014
Will Ferrell is one funny guy in Hollywood that no one can match after Jim Carey i believe hes made a lot of comedy films but this is totally the best of his career for me at least i saw this in 2006 or 2007 i guess now again i saw this recently its still one of the best comedy film ever made,yes it include a lot of racism,disrespecting other people,cultures and all sorts of nonsense that is going on in the world this film just tried to highlight this and its also a eye opener for one to see why these things are happening,apart from this the dialogs in this films are awesome lines like shake & bake,slingshot,you sound like a dog with a peanut butter in your mouth,if you ain't first you're last and many more,to talk about funny scenes it will take forever to discuss but one of my favorites are when Ricky Bobby feels he is on the fire and strips on the racing track,another one is the train scene where a guy insults him for talking about problems third one is where Ricky stabs himself with a knife,this movie is filled with hilarious stuff i wonder why there is not a sequel to this Will Ferrel Should make it,got nice racing scenes as well specially the ending crash sequence is well shot by director Adam Mckay.

The Plot:Ricky Bobby Is A Nascar Driver He always wins at number one position with his friend until a man from France jean Girard challenges him Ricky;s life becomes a living nightmare after getting defeated by Girard,he looses his job,wife dumps him and hes got another rival hes got to watch out for his former best friend turned enemy Cal Naughton Jr.

the cast:aside from Will Ferrel he looked awesome and got great comic timing he was very powerful here in the role,Sacha Baron Cochen was nice to see,John C Reilly as a great side hero, Lisle Bibb appears as a sexy hot lady but out of them all what was Amy Adams doing here i though she does got some humor in her it shows here.

this film came in 2006 its got a theatrical version and an uncut version i saw the rated r version the first time i think i lost that one but this film does need a uncut version again with a lot of deleted scenes are more for fans to enjoy as i did,the theatrical edited version is a mess so beware of that and don't buy it only get unrated version.

Over All Talladega Nights:The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby 2006 is a great film to watch its one of the most amazing comedy film ever made from the last decade i totally enjoyed it you will too just don't look at critic reviews please My Rating Is 10/10 Must See.Recommended
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An absorbing comedy that seizes you.
Michael Barton15 November 2013
First and foremost, I am not one to spend a hour on my review nor do I think that's important in any way shape or form. I don't get paid for my review, so this is it: This movie starts off slow; with some one liners that aren't funny and a plot that is as foreseeable as a weather forecast. But, where I think a lot of people go wrong, is cutting this movie short. Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) isn't likable at first, but halfway through the movie, you start to connect to the hardships that he experiences and the failures that sometimes swallow success. The real joy is connecting to the characters and laughing at their portrayals. This comedy isn't paid laughter, but rather, free enjoyment.

If you're into shallow laughter then that is fine. Different strokes for different folks; however, if you want to enjoy an entertaining comedy that has great character development and execution, then you may like Talladega Nights.

Give it a shot.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Farrell and Company Strike gold again
Gideon2422 July 2013
Will Ferrell and his growing rep company provide some of their biggest laughs ever in TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE LEGEND OF RICKY BOBBY, another of Ferrell's sports-oriented comedies that takes a popular American sport and turns it on its ears.

Ferrell plays the title character, an arrogant and dim-witted stock car driver, whose winning philosophy was based on something his father said to him as a child, whose life is altered forever when he has a serious accident and after a lengthy rehab, tries to resume his life and learns that his best friend has moved in with his wife and kids, taken over his career, and has to depend on his long lost father to take his life back. Ferrell and Adam McKay have concocted one of the smartest and funniest screenplays in comedy history which takes effective pot shots at the stock car driving industry as well as the advertising industry as well. McKay's energized direction is also a big plus, but its Ferrell and his winning cast that really make this one shine.

Ferrell is hysterical, as always, and gets solid comic support from the always reliable John C. Reilly as Cal Naughton, Ricky's best friend who finally takes advantage of his chance to move out of Ricky's shadow, Leslie Bibb as Ricky's gold-digging wife, David Keocher and Michael Clarke Duncan as members of Ricky's pit crew, Jane Lynch as Ricky's mom, and in a performance that comes as close as I have seen anyone to steal a movie from Will Ferrell, Gary Cole as Ricky's derelict Dad, whose training sessions to get Ricky back on the track are hysterical. Sasha Baron Cohen provides some giggles as well in a sexually androgynous variation of his BORAT character.

The film provides solid laughs from beginning to end, especially for Ferrell fans. Check out this comic gem.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not for everyone (though Will Ferrell fans will love it)
darthchris1913 March 2013
Like Tarantino movies, Will Ferrell movies people either love or hate. It is a specific type of comedy that you either like or do not. I personally am a big fan of Ferrell and his works. In this movie he plays a nascar driver who is obsessed with winning. He a lot of screen time with John C. Reilly who plays his best friend. With every victory his ego rises and his skills are tested when he is beaten by a french F1 racer who is played by none other than Sascha Baron Cohen. The comedy in this movie is pure Will Ferrell. There are many scenes you will laugh out loud but of course only if you liked his previous works. I have watched this movie with different people and the ones who liked Ferrell laughed others did not. But even if we discount the humor the movie still has some depth to it. There is an actually character development on Ricky Bobby's side which I found surprisingly well done. The acting is top notch in generally, the star being of course Will Ferrell. Reilly and Sascha Baron Cohen also deliver an excellent performance, especially the latter whose character is very funny.

I definitely recommend this movie to all Will Ferrell Fans!

Funny
movietime126 February 2013
I am finally getting around to watching some of the old Will Ferrell movies that I missed in my high school and college years, and for movie #1 for me in this series, I was not disappointed. Ricky Bobby and all of his cohorts were very funny, especially his youngest red-headed boy. I wonder if the movie could as funny if it were a little less crude? I don't know, just a thought, and maybe the crudeness actually helps sales and likability of the movie; it's just an idea/thought.

It is hard to explain, but how they captured and capitalized on the satire of the south (and this coming from someone born and raised in the south) was just hilarious; each of the characters, their attitudes, their accents, everything. Definitely a funny, brain-dead movie.
Talladega Nights — Wacky testosterone charged car racing comedy
Avid Climber9 January 2013
Talladega Nights is a typical Will Ferrell movie. It features him, and his usual antics, but with a more straight face attitude appropriate to Nascar. This time, it's all about driving, good old fashion American testosterone, and dealing with your past.

You can't take this flick seriously, if you do, you're missing the point. That being said, I'll have to contradict myself and talk about the French guy. The "pépé le pew" stereotype is over the top, even for this movie. The actor, maybe at the demand of the director, really went overboard with the accent, without even bringing in anything new. At least, when they mocked American bravado in the crepe scene, they didn't make Will more brave, they fed him counter points by having all the other characters defecting, even himself and his best friends who still told him not to concede the point.

Alright, that was too long.

The movie is an excellent laugh, and the twist really funny, especially the instant take over of the family, the cougar, and the taming of the young ones.

If you love Nascar or Will Ferrell or want to see a wacky movie, it's for you.
Mixed
Chris L20 November 2012
All of the Adam McKay-Will Ferrel collaborations seem to follow the same path. The first part is good, dynamic and compelling. Then, once you reach the half of the movie, the script becomes a heavy mess with no clear direction until the final outcome. Talladega Night is no exception to the rule.

It's infuriating because every time, the story has potential and the duo manages to create a unique and special universe with crazier characters. But everything is unfortunately badly or under developed, leaving mixed feelings and a certain frustration.

Let's note that the best aspect of the movie is Jean Girard character played by an excellent Baron Cohen.