IMDb > Final Destination 3 (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Final Destination 3

Final Destination 3 More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 57:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

I thought i was in for a disappointment. I was wrong .........

Author: Merklin from United Kingdom
14 February 2006

I'm not gonna lie to ya, i wasn't looking forward to final destination 3.Just seeing a roller coaster full of screaming people on the poster made me roll my eyes and assume that this franchise has run out of steam .

So you can imagine my surprise to find that final destination 3 is a entertaining , funny and shocking thriller that proves that horror sequels can be pretty darn good if handled properly .

Directed by james wong with style and a pace that hits the ground running ,the film is very much like a roller coaster in its self - fast,packed full of laughs and most importantly full of frights .

The film is essentially a remake of the first film only with a different cast, gorier deaths and a higher level of self awareness.But this is a rare case in which copying the original isn't a bad thing- it keeps that sense of inventiveness and wit that made the first one great. It may be a clone , but its a very good one !

Final destination 3 is gory ,homourous and clever fun that will make me think twice about my horror sequel prejudice....

Excellent

Author: Deagy from United Kingdom
12 February 2006

I've always been a huge fan of the Final Destination series, mainly because it got me to look at the world in a whole new light. Granted, a slightly paranoid light, but a new light all the same. Any film capable of doing this deserves some recognition! The first and second were 2 gory, brash and trashy films, and didn't attempt to pretend they weren't, and the third followed the same route.

The plot in itself was pretty thin, and the characters were really just people on a hit list, no strong characterisation, but then, it wasn't needed! This is a no brainer snuff movie and it rocks. Some gratuitous amounts of gore, and a little nudity here and there and you have the perfect film to waste away the boredom welling up inside you after sitting through Harry Potter. The actors all do fine jobs, and the special effects are pretty much top-notch (when they're not CGI) and the pace just moves along nicely.

The 2 major bad points are : The CGI - It was pretty noticeable, and it did take away some of the magic of the Roller-coaster scene,in my opinion anyway, and secondly, it was way too short and there weren't enough deaths in it! That sounds a little demented, I know, but I actually found myself yearning for just a little more... but no. Excellent ending though, it surprised me, I have to say.

A good strong film altogether, a perfect date movie, but you'll never EVER look at a Tanning Bed (or a picture for that matter) the same way again.

GO SEE IT!

If you enjoyed the prevous two then you should dig this.

Author: (themoviemark@themoviemark.com) from http://www.themoviemark.com
17 February 2006

Poor Death. The guy can't seem to catch a break. He's got a job to do, and now for a third time he's being kept from doing it. What's worse is he's being foiled by a bunch of high school kids! That can't be good for the ego. Within that context you can't really blame the guy for trying to finish the job. Heck, if I were Death I'd totally relish taking some of these brats out. Particularly the guy who calls himself Frankie Cheeks. Sheesh, if that guy were any more annoying then his name would most likely be Chris Kattan.

Anyway, this is a movie that's very easy to review. Did you like the first two entries in the "Final Destination" franchise? Do you like to watch irritating characters meet unseemly demises? If so then you'll love it. If not then save your money. I don't want to hear any complaining.

Personally, I morbidly enjoyed it. The movie starts off with a cringe-inducing roller coaster disaster, one that will likely make you think twice about setting foot in an amusement park again, and it rarely slows down for a breather. The filmmakers set out to ensure that the viewer, like a child at Neverland Ranch, is never at ease, and that goal is accomplished as each scene leaves the viewer nervously anticipating who is going to die next.

Yeah, yeah, Wendy and Kevin are desperately trying to save their peers from Death's cruel hand, but come on. We all know somebody's head is about to be turned into ground beef or somebody will be on the receiving end of a dismemberment soon. We wait ... wait ... wait ... and then BAM! Gory kill. I should probably feel guilty for laughing out loud at some of these fatalities, but since these are silly little characters that didn't die in real life I've decided not to let it weigh on my conscience.

A new element to the franchise is that clues are being left as to how the characters will die. Using her nifty digital camera, Wendy was busy taking pictures for the yearbook on that fateful night. After the accident, she begins examining the pictures and realizes that she has taken at least one picture of each survivor. A little more studying reveals that she might be able to use the photos to help the characters escape Death. Is this a case of Death playing a sadistic game with Wendy and Kevin, or is there some sort of benevolent life force that's trying to help them save their friends? The filmmakers leave it up to the viewer to decide.

This is a nice touch that keeps the viewer actively involved in the cinematic proceedings. It gives us the chance to try to interpret the clues and guess who might be Death's next victim and how they'll be violently killed. Perhaps that's not exactly an activity you want to participate in so keep it in mind before laying your money down.

One thing that really gauges whether a movie connects with its target audience is the crowd's reaction, and I have to say that "Final Destination 3" got the loudest, most involved reaction I've witnessed in quite a while. While the deaths were being thrown at us fast and hard, the audience was oohing and ahhing with every single one. During one particularly brutal scene a girl behind me let out a high-pitched shriek so loud that I had to turn around and make sure Chris Tucker hadn't wandered into the theater.

No one goes to see a "Final Destination" movie with the expectation of great acting and high brow art. They just want to be scared or freaked out. Love it or hate it, there's no denying that "Final Destination 3" at least forces you to have an opinion about it. It'll make you cringe, it'll make you turn your head in disgust, but at least it's original and creative enough to make you feel something other than absolute boredom like some other so-called horror movies out there COUGHwhenastrangercallsHACK.

If just one person decides not to ride a roller coaster the next time they're at an amusement park then the filmmakers have done their job.

Very Interesting

Author: crazy_chick0000 from United States
17 February 2006

I'd just have to say that this movie was a grand slam. OK so it wasn't all that good, but its good enough to hold your attention. If you have seen the 1st 2, the 3rd is a charm. It just makes you wonder how can you beat death this time. There is much more action and effects in this one. It is guaranteed to make you jump out your seat. For all you people out there who can't hold their stomach, this movie is NOT for you. The way it ended, I don't think there will be another one. Movies don't have a 4 or 5 do they? Unless you are Wes Craven. LOL! This is one of the coolest trilogies that are out there,besides Scream. I give this movie a thumbs up without a doubt.

Same story, just more creative ways to die.

Author: Davyd420 from Ohio
30 March 2006

Once you've seen Final Destination there's not much more of the story to tell, or twist, or reveal. All three films could actually be compiled together to make one long film, in other words, the story is told and the scene is set in part one, the two that follow just get more creative with how messy, bloody, and bazaar each person is slaughtered. And thats why I love these films.

Final Destination 3 is really no different than the two before it, except the creepy bald morgue guy who seemed to have a fetish for death does not make an appearance in this one. There's not much to say, if I told you how each person were sliced, diced, smashed, crushed, impaled...you get the point, then I would be revealing the only reason any of us purchased a ticket. There is no denying those who seen this one in theaters were there just to see how bad death could be dealt. Let me tell ya, "There's some really sick and twisted ways these people die." Anyway, for those who enjoy gross and disturbing this one is worth checking out. Enjoy!

FD 3 not bad for 3rd in the series!

Author: batpickle from United States
2 March 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by the 3rd installment of the FINAL DESTINATION series! The worst part of the movie is the beginning and the whole roller-coaster accident, the CGI was so obvious and not real good. The first death scene was lacking any imagination and not particularly gory so it was a let down, but after that it took it up a couple notches and really won me over!! Let's face the facts we go see these types of movies for the gore factor! These types of movies aren't scary so the gore better be good and this one was! If you go in expecting great gore below average acting and a so-so story line then you won't be disappointed! I loved it for what it is supposed to be! I would recommend seeing it, buying it and showing it to your friends if you are all fans of this genre!!!

Surprisingly good

Author: etsis from United States
2 February 2006

Just got back from the world premiere of Final Destination 3 at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and I must say that this film was surprisingly good. Definitely one of the gorier films that I have seen in quite some time, but very well put together and quite suspenseful. In fact, about half way through the film (during one particularly gory scene) about five audience members had to excuse themselves from the theatre. I have not seen either of the first two movies but was still able to enjoy this film so I'm sure I missed out on soem references that would have likely enhanced the experience. Still, I was quite pleased (especially because I expected the movie to be stupid) that Final Destination 3 was enjoyable for those who were not familiar with the original story. I also had the opportunity to speak with director James Wong to congratulate him a job well-done. He seems like a very nice guy.

Excellent Trilogy Ending!!

Author: traviskathyg from United States
27 March 2006

I am a Final Destination fan, and could not wait till this movie came out, and it was NOT a let down. Excellent scenes, excellent storyline, and new and unusual ways to die makes this an excellent addition to the first two. I gave this a 9 star rating because I felt they could have focused a little more on the premonition side of the story, (it was made so important in the first two), and I almost expected to see our two survivors from the 2nd movie in this one, **I think that would have been a great addition**, on the other hand, I was extremely pleased and say it is definitely a must see for any Final Destination fan, or anyone who enjoys a great trilogy that keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what might happen next!!

Simply Amazing

Author: bag48192
8 February 2006

I just got back from the sneak preview screening. I went into the movie not expecting much of a sequel. For some reason the trailer made it seem to be kinda cheesy. However, i could not have been more wrong. As soon as the roller coaster crash occurs its intense all the way to the end. It just seemed like the deaths kept coming and coming non stop. The deaths i thought were very creative and many came to be a surprise. The ending i thought was great and surprising. The acting in the movie i thought was better then in any of the other films. The only complaint i had was that it was only 90 minutes long. Anyone that is even considering seeing this go see it as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed.

abounds with awesome deaths

Author: manicman84 from Poland
11 August 2006

To be honest, I hadn't expected too much from "Final Destination 3" as the 2nd installment disappointed me. While the 1st part was refreshing and suspenseful, the following one was repetitive and went over the top. What about "Final Destination 3"? It's a some kind of combination of two previous installments. In the film seriousness coexists with comedy, while the latter is more frequent than the first. Comedy, most of all, stems from characters with very low IQ. One of them shouts with superiority something like "death will never defeat me" and then dies in most ridiculous way. Thus, the film is intentionally laughable at times. What's more, the flick abounds with awesome deaths and these quality gore scenes are probably the biggest virtues of this horror movie. Besides, the script is rather superficial and repetitive. I only liked an idea of photos depicting how victims will die. That's it. Other feature ideas were taken from previous parts. To sum up, this flick is worth watching especially with your mates.

Page 1 of 57:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]