Decent promotional short

29 August 2010

This merely adequate promo documentary offers a fairly interesting behind-the-scenes glimpse at the making of the third "Dirty Harry" movie "The Enforcer." We see director James Fargo in action, Clint Eastwood directly involved in how all the scenes should be played, assorted crew members doing their jobs, and find out that Eastwood often performs his own usually strenuous and occasionally pretty dangerous stunts. Moreover, we watch as both the liquor store robbery sequence and a scene at a hospital are being filmed. Alas, at only six minutes this documentary proves to be way too short and thus provides a strictly cursory depiction of the whole filmmaking process. A longer running time and interviews with various cast and crew members would have certainly helped make this regrettably slight featurette more worthwhile and informative. Instead all we get is a narrator basically plugging the movie. As it is, it's okay, but overall nothing more than an acceptable piece of promo fluff.