IMDb > "Veronica Mars" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Veronica Mars"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Veronica Mars" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 32: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Veronica Mars is great television.

Author: adri278 from United States
12 June 2006

This show has given new meaning to good television. The first season of Veronica Mars is something that only a few television shows in history can compete with. The characters are witty and entertaining, the dialogue is snappy and intelligent, the music is great, the story lines are intriguing, and the premise is refreshing.

Veronica Mars is a show about a teenage girl who goes to school while also helping her dad out in his Private Investigation business.

Kristen Bell is truly a wonderful addition to primetime television actors. She brings life to the main character that I have rarely seen in other shows. Her range of emotions is vast. She can make you laugh and she can make you cry. Veronica's wry wit is one of my favorite things about this show, and Ms. Bell just does is so well.

I also have to mention Jason Dohring. Say hello to a television actor who has added layers to his character that probably didn't even exist when the part was written. His character Logan Echolls starts off in the show as someone most viewers can't stand, and then little by little you start to see why he is the way he is and why he does the things he does. Dohring has helped make Logan into one of the most intriguing characters I've ever seen on television.

Enrico Colantoni plays Veronica's father, and he brings something to the part that just makes you believe he is this girl's dad. Keith Mars is loving and protecting, but he knows that his daughter is a smart girl and he lets her do her thing as long as her thing doesn't put her in too much danger. The dynamic between Colantoni and Bell is very nice. The arguments, banter and discussions feel very real when they are on screen together.

I love this show. I have watched it since the very first episode. I wish more people knew about it, because it is truly one of the best shows on television today. So if you haven't watched it; I recommend that you give it a chance. You will most likely be pleasantly surprised!

Smart show

Author: lola186 from United States
27 July 2006

I LOVE this show! And the main reason for my love is that it is smart. The characters are smart and the dialog is not "dumbed down" for the audience. I hate when that happens. But Rob Thomas and his crew don't do that and they manage to keep it smart, which to me is the best thing about the show. The dialog is perfect for the teenagers that the cast is supposed to portray. It's using words that everyone uses in their everyday life. The writers aren't trying to show off their skill with a thesaurus or anything like that. That acting is solid by everyone, not just Kristen. Yes, she is the main focus, but everyone really pulls their weight every week, and doesn't try to "phone it in". It really is the best show that hardly anyone watches!

I love it...Why don't you?

Author: Serin_19 from Texas
22 February 2007

I love this show. I have been watching it since the beginning and I have purchased every season so far. The sad fact it that I'm almost 30. Another sad fact is that TV shows are meant to entertain. I'm entertained. I don't look for hidden meanings or realism where there shouldn't be, in fact I'm usually mad when I watch a show that has realism in it. I watch TV to escape life not find it in my boob tube. So watch the show without expectations you will be entertained. Give Veronica Mars a chance. I laugh every week and that what I like about it. I laugh. Laugh with me. I'm entertained be entertained with me. I enjoy...enjoy it with me.

To all those who have disregarded Veronica Mars:

Author: squamousepithelium from United Kingdom
8 October 2006

Veronica Mars is a great show. Many comments on this site have said how it is failing to be 'hip' and 'real' and is unrealistic. May I remind you this is a TV PROGRAMME! Just because its audience is predominantly the youth does not mean it has to reflect that group realistically.

Do you really think 'The West Wing' shows how life is in the Whitehouse? Is '24' in anyway plausible? Can life in New York really be depicted by 'Friends'? No. No. No. But this doesn't mean these are bad shows.

Enjoy Veronica Mars for what it is. Yes! It can be OTT and Yes! Real school life isn't like this and Yes! You could nitpick about certain aspects of a 17 year old girl being a detective, but COME ON! Grow up! This is television as it should be. Pure escapism.

As for bad acting. You only have to watch Kristen Bell for a few minutes to realise this just isn't true.

Also, I am living proof that people don't just get sucked into the hype of critics that rave over the show. I live in England and Veronica Mars is pretty much unheard of here. I watched the show with no preconceptions of it being a quality show. I came to that conclusion on my own.

I can only come to think that many of you who have disregarded the show must have come in at a bad time. I think it is a hard show to 'get into' unless you watch from the start. I urge any prospective viewers to watch at least 4 episodes, get a good handle on the show, and enjoy the brilliance that is Veronica Mars.

Relish in this sassy drama, with clever quips, enjoyable characters and plots that excite. This show totally deserves its renewal into its third season and I for one hopes it stays on air for a long time to come.

One of the best shows on television!

Author: irin_kaplan from United States
16 May 2008

Over the past few years, television shows have managed to depress me greatly, what with soap opera galore and reality television trends...Until I found Veronica Mars.

I started watching the show during third season and immediately fell in love. Consequently, I bought all three seasons on DVD and devoured each one within a few days.

Absolutely hilarious and brilliant writing, some of the best acting I've ever seen (courtesy of Kristen Bell as Veronica, Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls, Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars), and neo-noir film elements to boot.

Many people wonder why it received low-ratings, and I think the lack of network exposure can be partially to blame. I hadn't even heard of Veronica Mars until it was on the CW. In fact, many people claim that they discovered the show through word-of-mouth most often.

Trust me; the ratings may have been low but Veronica Mars has one of the most loyal and obsessed followings you will ever encounter. I wish with all my heart it was still on. Give it a chance and you'll fall in love too.

Brilliant

Author: keyholder21 from United States
26 July 2008

All the good reviews of this show exist for a reason: it is brilliant. Veronica Mars is a witty, intelligent, strong-willed woman that doesn't use her obvious beauty to thrust herself forward in life. Instead, she relies on her afore mentioned intelligence and wit, as well as her above-average detective skills.

The show is good on several levels: the snappy writing, excellent cast, and superb cinematography. It is rare to find such a gem on television. Rarer still is the relationship Veronica has with her father, a healthy one that doesn't stray too far into the protective dad, nor too far into the "fathers & daughters can't relate" dad. Rarest, is the show's steadfast commitment to it's original idea: Veronica's detective work. Instead of "sexing it up" none of the women bare themselves to draw viewers (with exception to the trophy wives).

Veronica Mars is a student detective who can be your best friend and worst enemy.

Author: Elizabeth from Chicago
19 April 2008

When this show first aired I was immediately hooked, I mean couldn't miss an episode hooked. Could you imagine a teenage detective that could solve all your problems. She charmed her way into our life and we grew to love her. We felt when she was heartbroken, happy and most of all in love.

Slowly over the first season Veronica formulated a romantic interest in Logan, quite ironic I know, since he made it clear that he disliked her for her sticking to her Dad's claim that the Kane's had something to deal with Lily's murder. Still They bonded over her same job as a detective. I grew to love Logan and Veronica over the seasons. That was what made up the show, how they closely formed a friendship and fell in love. Besides all the butt-kicking and manipulated and betrayal, Veronica still proved to be human with teenage problems like anyone of us in the world. We relate to her loving her dad as a single parent and loving the one guy you would expect her to love. It is Veronica's caring and kind heart towards her friends that made us love this show.

I thought the series ended suddenly, it left us open minded to a reconnection between her an Logan, though we were unsure what would become of her father. Every time I think about this series I smile and it always makes me sad that it ended to begin with. I still wanted some flame or spark to light up between her and Logan a bit more. You realized how much Logan changed because of her. It's just something to think about. Veronica Mars would live on forever. A beautiful series.

Best Kept Secret on TV

Author: imdb-7832 from United States
31 July 2006

A forum I frequent was discussion which shows people had come to late, and Veronica Mars made a surprising number of lists. Now it's on mine! I quickly caught up on Season one and Season two was the first thing to vanish off my TiVo every week. Now I'm re-watching s2 in reruns and it's still the first to go.

We meet Veronica as a HS Junior. Her father is a private investigator and she both assists him on cases and solves mysteries of her own. But it's so much more than a Nancy Drew knock-off! The best of Buffy's wise cracks and Sydney's disguises, in a much more realistic package. Both BTVS and Alias have more of a fantasy vibe, where this is more of a noir drama.

VM is by far the best thing to cross my screen since Buffy, and possibly even better! Joss Whedon & Kevin Smith have given the show their stamps of approval and have even appeared in episodes. Season three will start in October on the new CW network.

A very good mystery series with a lot of heart.

Author: trunksan2@hotmail.com from A surprisingly addictive show
6 April 2008

I had always been interested in this show. Typically I don't watch too much television until the season DVD releases. Such was the case with VM. Admittedly, the first thing I had noticed was the appeal of Kristen Bell. Beyond that I'm glad I went with my intuition on buying the first season. I was completely hooked. The writing is (for the most part) clever, sarcastic, and very quick-witted. The layers of mysteries that Veronica and her PI dad undertake are always interesting, and the writers do a very good job of tying in clues and factoids about the bigger mystery that's going on.

That's another one of the better aspects of the show. Without spoiling anything, each season has one huge case that they are perpetually trying to solve throughout the entire season (Sort of in the vein of 24), but in the mean time, Veronica and her dad (Keith Mars) take side jobs, that oftentimes have some sort of tie to the main case. Overall, they do a very good job of stacking mysteries and uncovering clues at the right time.

As with anything good, there are one or two negative points as well. I won't touch upon all of them, but the biggest is that sometimes the show's a little too in love with all the teenage high school drama. It's interesting to a degree sometimes, but it can be a little overdone, too.

In summary, the show has a great headlining cast, an awesome supporting cast, and the writing and wit can't be denied. Forget the haters, if you've ever been curious about watching, jump in. You won't be disappointed.

Now, here's hoping they make a fourth season.

A Show Too Good for the CW

Author: no thanks from United States
2 April 2008

Let's be real here. CW is back at its regular standards of rerunning episodes of lame 'Try way too hard' gossip girl and 'Who wants to walk around half naked dancing?' Girlicious. (Don't even get me started on ANTM) Veronica mars is breathtakingly real. It's funny, witty, and intelligent. The characters are so well thought out and funny, you can hardly think twice about placing them in a small Neptune town on Earth.

This show went off the air because it was advertised as a kids/teens show. I know 30-50 year olds that watch this. It's that good. (People with all kinds of ages can enjoy it).

I could go on and no about this show.. Just watch it