IMDb > "Veronica Mars" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Veronica Mars"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Veronica Mars" More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 32: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Best Show iv watched in a long time

Author: chloe_matson from United Kingdom
22 September 2009

Not in a long time have i got so caught up in a show.

I can honestly say that i did not find one episode boring.

I am truly shocked at the comments saying it the worse show on TV, i watch a lot of TV shows, i pick the ones i like the look of and watch them all. This is the first time in a long long time have i loved a show so much, i love the way its written its clever and witty. The characters are all lovable in their own way and its just great fun to watch anyone who thinks this show is boring must have the attention span of a Nat because although its not the most serious or realistic show out there it definitely has a magical quality that TV shows lack these days.

Im truly disappointed that the show no longer runs and i really do wish they would bring it back or make a film because I'm really going to miss my V mars fix ill have to stick to reruns on e4 :(

Peace out

The best show ever on television

Author: trose-lake from United States
30 May 2008

We just got done watching all three seasons for Veronica Mars on DVD- and when we started watching we always had to tear ourselves away from the screen. In our opinion this was one of the best TV shows ever created. The characters and plots are great, the dialog is amazing, and each show had something new going on. In the world of OC,and other stupid teen shows that seem to keep on playing, this one never should have been cancelled. I think the problem was the station and time it was on. I would watch this over Grey Anatomy any day. Kristen Bell was amazing, and I am SO bummed that this was cancelled. I think it would've been a favorite for years.

A perfect mix of smarts and heart

Author: lauren-71 from Seattle, WA
19 August 2006

Veronica Mars is an incredibly clever and exciting show. It really keeps the viewer thinking, both about the episodic plots and the intricate story arcs that progress throughout the season. As the title character, Kristen Bell shows her formidable acting abilities; Veronica's inner struggles and relationships with the people in her life are poignantly played out. Especially wonderful is Veronica's bond with her father, Keith. There has never been such a cool and loving father-daughter team portrayed on TV. But let's not forget that Veronica is one tough cookie. Viewers will not find strictly teen girl fare here, but rather a strong noir influence and a ton of smart, snarky dialogue.

This is a gem of a show, and easily the best thing on television right now.

Not bad but also not excellent.

Author: lois-lane33 from Montreal
14 October 2014

Maybe a better show than most people think it is but still not really classifiable as 'excellence.' There are plenty of swirls and movements of the shows plot, enough to keep most viewers satisfied. The only thing about it that made me give it a seven and not a higher mark was that the main character has what I think is a bit of a too close relationship with her father. I don't think that is representational of real life so much. I mean its a good thing that the character gets along with her Dad but she also works with him which is pretty non ordinary especially given that her father works as a private detective. Good character interplay but lacking in many of the identifiers that define the differences between 'youth' and 'adults.' Veronica Mars doesn't have a favorite band or favorite type of music and her character has a car and thats played as 'just the normal thing to have.' In that respect its typical of many shows that are in this genre depicting what is basically conspicuous consumerism as in its depicted as normal to have a car when you are sixteen type of thing when in actuality very few sixteen year old types have their own car never mind using one to drive to school in each day as if gas and maintenance of a car was 'pennies a day.' Then there is what it costs to get insurance when you are a young driver-when I was young it was still thousands of dollars and I think that hasn't changed much and remains the primary reason why most young people can't be bothered with cars and use public transportation as long as possible. You can always use a cab.This show paints that thinking as passé. I give it s seven for effort, not necessarily for realism.

i wish i had caught it this when it was on the air

Author: skywolf-2 from United States
20 September 2009

My sister picked up the first season DVD up on a whim and she fell in love with it. I didn't see what was so great about another detective show but she kept badgering me until i caved and watched the first episode. I was hooked from the first word. I don't know why people are bashing this show, I see nothing wrong with it. The writing is witty and the cast is great, what more could i ask for from a show. The story lines are different from what I have seen from other teenage detective shows. I also love how every season had a different big mystery that Veronica needed to solve. I wish there was a Veronica Mars at my old High School, that would have been nice. If only I had started watching the show before it was canceled. Those ratings don't know what they are talking about.

It is a great show

Author: rachel_giannikouris from Australia
5 August 2009

I found veronica Mars a great show, it had humour, suspense, mystery and at times some action it is a fun TV series to watch. It never had just the one plot but many. I highly recommend this show. I do not see what the other reviews that down this show saw. The only thing I have to say is that the ending left you hanging especially for a finale season there needs to be either a movie made for it or another season just to tie up all the loose ends it left. All my friends enjoy this show we always get together and watch our favourite episodes it is a good show to watch when all your friends are around. So please vote to save Veronica Mars to give it the ending the show deserves.

Veronica Mars Should Have Never Been Canceled

Author: vancebb from United States
29 June 2008

Veronica Mars is a smart, sassy, brilliantly written show that should have never been canceled. The weekly and season long mysteries are always full of twists and turns. I defy you to find a show with wittier dialogue. I am re-watching all 3 seasons on DVD and they are as good if not better the second time around. The CW network execs should be ashamed of themselves for taking such a great show off the air. Veronica Mars has a little something for everyone. I urge anyone who hasn't seen the first season to rent or buy it immediately. You will be hooked forever. And for all you Buffy fans, Joss Whedon says and I quote, "Verocia Mars. Best. Show Ever!"

people will watch anything

Author: cassidyorme from Vegas
2 September 2015

The show started off good, and then its like everyone was fired and they hired a bunch of soap opera writers to save money.. its nothing but drama and not even good drama.. everyone lies and cheats and fights each other but in the next episode they are all friends again.. this show could have been great if the stupid writers didn't keep it confined to just the students at the school.. its just so unbelievable its hard to watch.. and most of the actors are terrible, and the good actors shine a spot light on the bad ones making them that much worse.. no wonder the show was canceled.. i bet if they moved it to day time drama hour it would flourish.. honestly so much drama and not much of anything else.. maybe a laugh once a season.. and i can't say i cared enough about any of the characters to ever get sad they die.. you can tell this show was made on a budget, i guess that should be taken into account when watching..

Sanctimonious not Sardonic

Author: morlvera from United States
9 April 2010

I never could get into this series, largely because of the over-whelming self-righteousness of the main protagonist.

Veronica seems to spend her life invading the space of everyone around her, planting bugs on her boyfriend's car (when not tracking his cell phone) and selfishly imposing her demands on others while never forgetting to be moralizing and nauseatingly judgmental on every voice-over. My sympathies were always with those around her, even the faintly pallid villains.

That aside, the acting wasn't too bad – just way too much hugging and learning at the denouement.

Too cool for high school

Author: summer-goldberg from United Kingdom
17 April 2011

Veronica Mars was billed as an out of the ordinary teen drama, something smart and boundary-pushing. Oh, and "neo noir".

It isn't.

There are just too many clichés, too many plot holes, too much exaggeration and far too many occasions when this show asks the viewer to suspend disbelief in favour of plot development or resolution.

Does TV drama have to be realistic? Of course not. But surely a good drama must at least be internally consistent. Veronica Mars doesn't manage that.

Let's look at the premise: Veronica is a popular and innocent teenage girl living the high school dream, until her best friend, daughter of a billionaire is brutally murdered. Veronica's dad, the local sheriff, suspects the billionaire of involvement in the murder because he somehow falsified his alibi. Sheriff loses job, credibility and Veronica stops being part of the in-crowd at her school.

And said school is polarised between uber-rich millionaires' children and the very poor. Suspend that disbelief!

Cut to a year later, and Veronica has transformed her personality from a shy, follower of others to a bad-ass rebel. Also, she's friendless. She's not part of the millionaire-set anymore - something a voice-over constantly reminds us - but in that year has not made a single friend among the less glamorous kids.

Still, she's making money by helping her dad with his new PI shop. Veronica and dad are apparently poor, but not so much that Veronica can't steal her dad's very expensive equipment like GPS trackers and software, which she runs on her smart Mac laptop, to track her classmates for mini-mysteries. Suspend more disbelief.

Having smart teenagers can be an interesting element to a good show, but Veronica Mars just tries too hard, so that it's no longer believable. Veronica concocts devious plots to steal evidence (or gets others to steal it for her). She does this in the city's only police station, under the noses of the cops (they are all comically stupid, so it's not surprising that Lilly's murder didn't get solved). She conveniently dates one cop (though she's only 17)! Plus, she's so smart she even manages to sneak in and use a police station phone and pretend to be a cop to get evidence from another station. Clever.

In Season 2, Veronica even manages to transform an ordinary iPod into a time-lapse camera by taking it apart, adding the lens and other camera parts, all while ensuring it still works as an iPod. But then, in Season 2, Veronica also fools the FBI. So, OK. Consider our disbelief well and truly suspended.

What makes the show watchable is lead actress Kristen Bell, who is rather talented.