IMDb > "Second Time Around" (2004/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Second Time Around" More at IMDbPro »

Liked it more than I thought I would

Author: VichusSmith from New York
27 September 2004

Second Time around stars a real-life couple (Nicole Parker and Boris Kodjoe) playing a married-divorced-married couple who are- and here comes the wackiness- people who are exactly opposite from each other! As soon as I picked up that little Dharma and Greg plot point, I was starting to shy away from watching this show. And to top it off, I didn't think that actors I had really never seen before could be any interesting comically.

I was wrong. I enjoyed watching it and I think that it makes a good addition to the UPN lineup, which has seemed to find the right mix of shows that work well. OK, except for Eve. That show stinks.

Anyway, I think the only other feature of this show that kept me watching is Danielle Nicolet, a diminutive actress who plays the enemy/friend of the group, and the girlfriend of the male lead's character. I don't think I've seen someone that tiny on a UPN sitcom before.

Don't quote me, but I think that this show will stay on for at least two seasons.

I agree

Author: jenkidellic from Atlanta, GA
5 October 2004

Second time around is a good show, and I think it will get better in time. Like Half and Half did.

Danielle Nicolet is the BEST thing on the show! I have seen her in a bunch of other stuff, but never knew she was so funny and beautiful! She's not all that tiny though, it just looks like it be cause Boris is sooo tall. He's like 6'5!

Paula is clearly the best character on the show. It's so great to hear such mean stuff come out of such a pretty face. I also really like Coco. I used to watch her on One on One, and it's cool to see her on her own show. Melisssa has been in a bunch of good movies too.

I'm gonna keep watching, and I agree it will be on for a while.

Uhmm...what happened?

Author: durable_dog from United States
21 February 2005

Uh..what happened to the show? It was on and now all of a sudden it went off when that new show "Cuts" came on last week (which it's pretty funny and plus Marques Houston is fine)..anyway I'm thinking it might have gotton cancelled. I hope not cuz that show was the king as with all the other UPN shows, especially "Girlfriends" plus Nicole Parker, Boris Kodjoe, and Brian White are good actors who also look hella good. Actually everyone on the show are good actors and look good. I remember Boris and Nicole from "Soul Food" as Damon Carter and Terri Joseph. And no I'm not some psycho fan. But anyway yea...back to what I was sayin before I got side-tracked there, what happened to the show?