IMDb > "Complete Savages" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

can't believe it....

Author: Blake from New Zealand
18 June 2005

do all you people work on this show or something? i think this show is the phoniest, most pop-polyester show around. I suppose it's biggest downfall is that it tells its story in the slimiest, marketable, PC way... in using a dare-to-be-risqué-in-a-faux-rebellious tactic... and that oozes from every pore... the characters are as cardboard cut-out as the acting effort put into them. It's like, we can understand you want to give a moral or message each episode... but do you have to insult our intelligence by thinking we believe people are really like that?

and for people to be surprised at Mel's involvement, i have to say that i am not. I like him, but you have to admit that as he has been getting older and been focusing more on his religion that you can see his outlook has seen a definite path. he's made some amazing stuff, but i suppose has suffered where most artists do... in that REAL people are only really interested in what you say when you are struggling (take eminem for example, good early stuff, but once he got more successful and rich - there is a lot less stuff you can complain about that us peasants will appreciate)...

The more i watch it, the more i don't like it

Author: lloydkristmas04 from United States
19 June 2005

This show is pretty cliché and unoriginal in almost every regard, but my family and I always had a fun time watching it. I agree with the other reviewer who said that the 2 youngest boys don't contribute anything to the show. The father and the oldest son (I don't even remember their names now) are the only ones with even a hint of acting talent or interesting character...the others are just too over played and don't add much to the show, same with the uncle jimmy guy.

I think that the funniest part of the show was the safety videos that the father would show the kids. They were so lame (intentionally) and obvious spoofs of those cop shows that lecture on safety. I found myself looking forward to the part in each episode where the dad would show the videos to the kids. After like the first 6 or 8 episodes, there were no more of these videos, which i thought greatly detracted from the show.

All in all, its a poorly written and poorly acted show, but one thats proves to be entertaining (sometimes its just lame) regardless of the cheesiness of it all. Just watch it for fun and don't expect too much, and you wont be too disappointed.

Terrible

Author: Ontarionica from Chicago
9 January 2005

It's so awful that I can't believe that Mel would allow his name to be attached to this project.Hasn't this story line already been used for decades? Beginning long ago with "My Three Sons?" Can't Hollywood be more creative? The one young man (I'll be kind and not state his name.) is obviously getting jobs based upon his resume and or his looks. He couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. The story lines are predictable and boring. The actors are...I cant find the word...(horrible?)No wonder "reality Television" is taking over the networks!In a nutshell: bad casting, bad acting, bad writing= BAD T.V. If you've never seen it...don't waste your time.

Complete Savages is Complete Crap

Author: DieHard2k4 from USA
20 September 2004

A shameless "Quintuplets" rip-off, telling the story of the lives of a man living with five boys. The jokes are dry, the humor is almost non-existent. The acting is bad, and almost everything about this show is a disgrace to all sit-coms. The lines about underwear, and armpits are not funny, they are simply stupid. I hope that not many people watch this poor excuse for a show. Shows like this are the reason that actual good shows, such as, "Andy Richter Controls The Universe" get cancelled, because the networks want new material... Please make it stop. If you want a good show about quintuplets, then watch "Quintuplets", not this rip-off. I hope with all of my heart that this show does not last very long.

Worst show in TGIF history

Author: Jared Rasmussen from Wisconsin, USA
22 October 2004

This show centers around the stereotypical male-clustered and single-parented (as all sitcoms are) Savage family. The kids are annoying, kind of like sores on the inside of your mouth, you feel it with your tongue to see if it still hurts.

Mel Gibson really dropped the ball on this one. He is a creator and producer, and also a human being who makes mistakes... which is obvious by this annoying show.

Now let's go to the TGIF history books... Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, You Wish, Family Matters... this show is not the family show that it disguises itself as. It has no place in TGIF, past, present, or future.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]