IMDb > A Uniform Used to Mean Something... (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Seinfeld and superman ultimate comedic duo

Author: shanedainsane from Australia
12 March 2005

I tell you if everyone put as much effort into there commercials as this, I'd be flat broke in a couple of hours, as soon as I saw this I immediately went out and got a American express card, in other words i liked the film.

As you may or may not know Jerry Seinfeld is Supermans number 1 fan, he was mentioned in about every second episode of Jerry's hit sitcom Seinfeld, the thing that shocked me most about a uniform used to mean something was that they got Barry levinson to do this project I mean Barry from films to commercials its a big thing for a guy like him to be doing a project like this, but anyway i was really impressed by this commercial it carries on the true Seinfeld humour with a fresh new cast on a whole new adventure, if they did a spin off for Seinfeld - other then curb your enthusiasm (starring Larry David co- creator of Seinfeld)which is kind of a grey area... well if they did a spin off this would be it, if you like Seinfeld or curb your enthusiasm, then watch this...

Oh Yes... Why, I'm not gonna ruin the joke

Author: dpehr from New York
24 May 2004

Silly Puddy Fuscilli Jerry team up to do nothing, tackle some crime and tout American Express. Fun to watch him again, but if you want the essence of the show, Seinfeld, watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. This five minute hybrid is still fun to watch. Their is another short, which is subpar to the first, but with a five minute running length and a joke, which will have you laughing whether or not you are a fan of Seinfeld. This is a better investment of time than surfing the net. Also, if you like Superman and everything he stands for, you will possibly be outraged. This is a sly, arrogant Superman for the slacker generation. This is a Superman who would fly around for leisure or for spectacle. Hopefully they will develop more of these, because their is certainly potential, and their is one joke which carries over the two shorts which will bring a smile to anyone's face.

Good to see Jerry back and treating comedy like AOL!

Author: scottys2004 from Nashville
22 May 2004

Jerry and Superman hit the streets of New York like two old College buddies. This short is well written by Jerry Seinfeld. It has hints of the interaction of Seinfeld, only with an animated Superman (of course anyone who watched Seinfeld knows the connection). Jerry really captures what it would probably be like to be friends with someone as "super" as the man of steel. That's the good... now for the bad.

Okay, it has been long enough since we've seen Jerry Seinfeld that as fans of the show we can almost forgive the fact that he sold us out. This program was a long form commercial disguised as a short film/show. I mean there were a couple of funny "Seinfeld" type moments, but you really just felt like a sucker when he whipped out the American Express card. Don't get me wrong. I still think Seinfeld is great, but roping us into what we think is sitcom style short film and then smacking us in the face with an ad is low. I mean it was like having an account with AOL!