IMDb > "North Shore" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"North Shore"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"North Shore" More at IMDbPro »

Watched this GREAT, refreshing summer series & couldn't wait for it's return this Fall.

Author: koolgirlie from Milwaukee, WI
7 September 2004

9-7-04 Finally a series I can really like & relate to & look fwd to seeing ea week.

Matter of fact, I actually tape it and watch over again in case I missed anything. The whole cast is fantastic, exactly as they have been chosen for their respective roles. First, I LOVE Kristoffer Polaha as Jason. The role he portrays is that of an honest, kind, respectful, ambitious, helpful integrity-keeping guy who is his own person and can't be dissuaded or bought off. How refreshing to see such qualities portrayed and these qualities actually seem to reflect Kris's personal life as well, as I look over his biography. Brook Burns is PERFECT as Nicole although she sure took her time going back to Jason. How could she hold out sooo long (groan moan). Really challenged him, no wonder he keeps pursuing her. James Remar as Vincent too is perfect. He is such a great character actor and great in this spot. I look for good things from him. Jason (another Jason, ha) is so cute, don't pay any attention to mom, I KNOW you have ambition. My mom always pressed my buttons too, but now I am self-employed and now I too am my own person like Jason Mathews. I loved the way Jason stood up to Nicole's father, although THAT seems to have cost him dearly. Walter Booth is such a control freak. And Tessa I already hate (which really proves what a great actress she is to invoke such feelings in us). The little waitress is as cute as a bug and very lovable. I really do look forward to seeing North Shore ea Monday here in Milwaukee and I do hope they keep it around for awhile. I'm so sick of cop shows, law & order; am now into the lighter side of entertainment. Real life is tense enough for me. I tune in on Mondays to get the feel of sand, surf and romance. Northshore delivers all these and Jason Mathews is MY idea of a refreshing, gorgeous, hunky and and I wish he wasn't married kinda guy who I love to fantasize about. I loved when Jason said to Vincent "I'm not a kid, and you'd better watch YOUR back or Walter Booth will take away everything you love". Couldn't a said it better myself. He kisses like a dream, lucky Tessa and Sept. 6 Nicole herself. Can't wait to see more of the romantic adventures as they progress. And by the way, Walter Booth isn't the ONLY guy out there who won't let go and that kinda thing can get pretty scary when it happens to you personally. I sure hope the ratings go thru the roof. I also intend to send a letter to Fox 6 Theatricals thru the mail, having cared enough to get their mailing address.

Best wishes North Shore.

Nice scenery...

Author: buiger from Monaco
18 June 2007

Dynasty Revisited in Hawaii... Full of clichés, highly predictable, unrealistic and sometimes even stupid. If you have nothing better to do however, it does provide 40 minutes of simple, unpretensive entertainment, endless looks at great male and female muscles and very good photography of the spectacular Hawaiian scenery. On the other hand, If you are looking for anything more than that, stay away...

Oh, and by the way, if you have ever worked in a Hotel or know anything about running one, you have two options: 1. You will feel sick every two minutes at the sheer stupidity and silliness of how the show presents Hotel Business or, 2. Look at it as science fiction comedy as I did, lie back, relax, and laugh about it!

The Juciest Series Ever.

Author: Mr_Sensitive from THAILAND, BANGKOK
7 June 2006

I'm sure this is a show no one is that familiar of and might not think good of it; after all it is almost close to Baywatch Hawaii. With the cast, the location, style of the directing and its publicity – shows women walking around on the beach and all that. No wonder people have misconception and decide not to watch it.

It was wrong of them to do that. Cause after I decide to watch the show, there are actually more thing going on, real juicy story and conflict, turn out to be really exciting to watch and pretty much – addictive.

The story of the hotel clerks, the manager, the owner and their complicated love life. Also enter the troublesome hotel's visitor and powerful man trying to steal the hotel. It actually more exciting than it sounds here.

I won't deny that the acting suck but it ain't that bad that you'll look away. The story is not so consistence but good enough. The soundtrack is fitting pretty well with the scenario and the action is all the time. I took me couple of episode before there is actually anything happen solidly so be patience.

Recommendation: I Really Do Enjoy Watching This. Zillion Times Better Than Expected.

Rating: 7.5/10 (Grade: B)

Please Rate My Review After Reading It, Thanks.

Author: amj-16 from United States
8 August 2006

The only show I have watched since 90210! Why did they discontinue it? It was the only show that captured the essence of Hawaii and made you feel like you are a part of it all! The least they should do is release it on DVD!

I checked out similar shows, but nothing has come close. The cast had incredible chemistry and I looked forward to each episode with much anticipation.

They made a big mistake by pulling that show. If anyone has any info regarding where I can obtain a DVD of North Shore please post a few lines here. Thanks! Aloha!

About the show

Author: krikliuvi from Bulgaria
18 March 2006

I have seen this show and I can assure all of you that it is the best TV serial movie ever along with las Vegas.It must have more series.All the images appearing in the show are great except Kristoffer Polaha which i think is not enough sexy and handsome for the other crew,common we have Brooke Burns hear.More likely you should put Josh Duhamel hear.Another thing I want to say is that 21 seies are not enough not really.You just get to love it and it ends.Tessa,Nicole,Frankie,Gabriel,all great personalities not to forget MJ and Chris .Thats all i have to say and please play some more series its the best show that has ever appeared on the screen.

I liked the show and would like to see it back on the air.

Author: jem-star from United States
28 January 2006

The above comment is correct. I looked at the show as a typical Evening Soap Opera. BUT I LIKED IT VERY MUCH. The characters were all very good actors and the scenery was very nice. I'm sorry that it didn't last. Though it was as typical as O.C./90210/all those other ones, I miss the characters and the story lines. I can't help but notice that whenever a show isn't doing good they bring on Shanon Doherty to kill it off completely. She's very territorial like a dog, she doesn't waste any time finding personal problems with the other actresses. On 90210 I believe it was Jennie Garth. On Charmed it was Alyssa Milano. And on North Shore it was Brooke Burns. Is anyone paying attention to this. Anyway I liked the show.

Off to a great start

Author: Christopher Smith
26 June 2004

Although only two episodes of "North Shore" has aired so far, I think it is fair to say that they have been the best two episodes of any show that has aired so far this summer. The pilot episode has certainly been the better of the two episodes that have aired. Pilot episodes for television series are usually kind of lame since the writers have to spend the whole episode establishing the characters and the story of the show, but with "North Shore", the writers couldn't care less about story and character, leaving plenty of room for chicks in bikinis and campy dialogue. I can't wait until next week's episode. Let's hope that Fox doesn't cancel the show before the end of the summer.

North Shore - Wunderbar

Author: moralex50 from United Kingdom
26 October 2005

I think the movie was very refreshing. I can understand when some people say that a movie was plastic. That is because these people are either from US and know the area and very well or just jealous people who cannot afford by nature or their finances to be beautiful. But this is the idea and job of actors. And don't forget there is other audience on this planet unless your planet is USA. Let's stop living like critics and live a dream. I have watched 14 episodes and enjoyed them all. I had to pause writing my dissertation in order to see everything. And I am going to buy all the episodes. It is like being on holidays each time I see North Shore!

Author: ahmt_ca_cm from United States
19 July 2005

I loved North Shore. I am so sad that it will not be coming back on. I think everybody who loved the show should write to fox.com and ask them to put it back on the air or at least play re-runs on a late night. The whole setting of North Shore was appealing. I loved how the set was in Hawaii. The cast was beautiful, exciting, and fun. I was a little upset when they added Shannon to the cast. I think they added her at the wrong time. All in all it was one of the best shows aired in along time. They should put North Shore back on instead of having all these reality t.v. shows. If North Shore did come back on they should keep the same cast and reconsider "alexandra Hudson's" part on the show. Definitely keep "Jason Matthews" he was why I watched it in the first place.

Author: celiachung2 from Canada
17 March 2005

Many people missed out on this show. The thing is that critics analyst everything. It's entertainment.. and really in the end.. that's more than enough. It had a HOT CAST. Have you seen the people in it. Some include Brooke Burns, Amanda Righetti, Corey Sevier, Jay k. Johnson. It's set in Hawaii and the scenes are just amazing. It's very clear and it just feels so good to look at. One of my favorite shows including Fastlane and Skin.

Check out the theme song... Home in Paradise-- Unwritten Law Another hot song... Slide Along Side--Shifty.

Any questions.. i'll be more than happy to help.. hit me up celiachung2@hotmail.com