Out of the eleven terrorists of Black September, six of the targets are killed and one replacement. As shown in the film:
1) In Rome, Wael Zwaiter is shot to death by Avner and Robert as he's going to his apartment, after they ask for his name.
2) In Paris, Mahmoud Hamshari is killed by a bomb hidden in his telephone after Robert detonates it. He first heads to the hospital as he's still alive, but dies because of his serious injuries later on.
3) In Cyprus, Hussein al-Chir has a bomb strapped under his bed. Avner rents a room next to him to give his team the signal to detonate it. His signal is after he sees Hussein lay on his bed, he turns off the lamp in his room and Robert then detonates it. After he does so, Hussein is thrown up and killed, but the bomb is so powerful, it nearly kills Avner.
4) In Beirut, Lebanon, Avner and his team gather Israeli soldiers disguised as women who kill all the guards protecting the apartment where the three targets are hiding. Abu Youseff is first killed when a bomb pushes him against the ground and the soldiers lift the door and shoot him to death.
5) Kamal Adwan is shot to death in his own bedroom after the Israeli soldiers take his wife away.
6) Kamal Nasser is shot to death along with his wife after he shoots an Israeli soldier. After the targets are killed, the remaining army fight with more Palestinians, but Avner and his team escape.
7) Avner learns that Hussein al-Chir has been replaced by Ziad Muchasi, who is not one of their targets. They travel to Greece and rent a safehouse. Robert and Hans go into Muchasi's room and plant a bomb in his television. As the team wait in a car, Robert presses the remote, but the bomb doesn't activate. Hans grabs a hand grenade and heads to Zaid's apartment. He breaks in, throws the grenade under the TV which causes the bomb to demolish the apartment and kill Muchasi. Hans makes it out of the apartment and back to his team's car after the team engage in a gunfight, during which they kill a Russian and an Arab.
8) The team travel to London to kill Salameh, the leader of Black September, but Avner gets in a fight with drunken CIA agents during which the assassination is aborted. The team go to find a hotel to rest, the bar in which Avner meets an attractive woman. She signals her willingness to sleep with him which Avner declines and leaves the bar meeting Carl who is entering who he warns 'beware the local honeytrap'. The team find Carl dead the next day and suspect the woman. Avner, Steve, and Hans find her home and kill her. After Robert and Hans are killed, Avner and Steve go to Spain to eliminate Salameh, but they fail after a teenage boy notices them and is shot in the head, after which they escape. By the end of the film, It shows that 9 of the 11 targets were killed, including Salameh in 1979. The remaining targets who dont die in the film are Wadie Haddad, Abu Daoud, Dr. Basil al-Kubaisi, Mohammed Boudia, and Ali Hassan Salameh.
In real life however, Wadie Haddad was killed in 1978, when Mossad sent him chocolates with poison that slowly killed him after a month later. Abu Daoud died of kidney failure in 2010. Dr. Basil al-Kubaisi was shot by two gunmen (possibly Mossad) in 1973. Mohammed Boudia was killed in 1973 when Mossad agents pressure-activated a mine under his car seat. Ali Hassan Salameh, after five assassination attempts, was killed by a car bomb in 1979 along with his bodyguards and four bystanders. So eventually, all of the targets were killed by Mossad, except for Abu Daoud.
The female assassin's death was also not as pitiful in real life as it is portrayed in the film. Reports say that her killers noted that, unlike most of their targets who pleaded for their lives, the woman instead looked at them directly in the eye with a cold detached hatred, her face reflecting disdain and defiance before they shot her down. This makes George Jonas' book "Vengeance" and its television film adaptation "Sword of Gideon", both of which portray her as having immediately reached for her weapon without hesitation prior to being shot, much more faithful to her hardened character in real life.