World Heavyweight Title (Elimination Chamber match): Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Booker T. vs. Rob Van Dam, WWE Title: Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show, WWE Tag ... See full summary »
The 15th annual WWF Royal Rumble, with the winner to recieve a WWF Title shot at Wrestlemania X8, Undisputed WWF Title: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock, WWF Intercontinental Title: Edge vs. ... See full summary »
WWF Undisputed Title: Chris Jericho vs. Steve Austin, WWF Intercontinental Title (Brass Knuckles on a Pole Match): William Regal vs. Edge, WWF Tag Team Titles: Spike Dudley & Tazz vs. Test ... See full summary »
This PPV was shot in Newcastle, England in 2003. And if you missed it the first time around, there is no major reason to check it out now.
1) Trish Stratus vs. Jazz (with Theodore Long) (for the women's title). Not very good. Jazz has an awesome body - she looks like a bodybuilder
but she does not move very fluidly in the ring. Trish just about
saves the match with her great wrestling skills. **
2) Booker T vs. Christian (for the intercontinental title). Pretty boring. It does have a lot of reversals, but both of these wrestlers need some acting classes - the "fake factor" of the match is all-too-apparent. **
3) RVD and Kane vs. La Resistance (for the tag-team title). The "Frenchies" are a bore, but RVD and Kane are entertaining - especially their finishers. With better opponents, this could have been the match of the night. I also wish Kane didn't have to wear that awful mask. **1/2
4) Rico vs. Goldust. What, you expect a comment about this one? *1/2
5) Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel. Don't expect to see any highlight reel here. Basically, Jericho (the host), Eric Bischoff (invited guest) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (uninvited guest) talk to each other and the audience for about 15 minutes. All three, and especially Austin, do have charisma on the mic, but this whole segment is NOT exactly what I'm looking for in a wrestling program.
6) The Dudley Boyz vs. Christopher Nowiski, Rodney Mack and Theodore Long (as a punishment by Austin, because he interfered in the women's match). All things considered, this is not as bad as it could have been. Fast-moving at least. **
7) Scott Steiner vs. Test. Val Venis is the "special guest referee" and Stacy Keibler the "special guest announcer". Although I don't like Stacy's use as mere eye candy, she is SUCH eye candy that her presence is the highlight of this match. OK, her presence and Steiner's biceps. **
8) Triple H (and Ric Flair) vs. Kevin Nash (and Shawn Michaels) (for the heavyweight title). Very bad as wrestling (1/2), decent as a streetfight (**1/2). Extremely predictable, but Michaels and Flair do bring a little life into it.
P.S. Rest In Peace, Eddie Guerrero.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?